Back in August, Google launched the redesigned YouTube 2.0 application for iOS. The update brought with it a new interface, as well as a new application icon, and new features. In addition, it broke a lot of popular add-ons for the application, such as ProTube Extension for YouTube.
Sunday evening, Jonas Gessner (the developer of the jailbreak tweak) teased version 2.2 of ProTube Extension for YouTube with support for the new YouTube application. The developer Tweeted the screenshot above, showing a slick new interface running on the new 2.0 version of YouTube application.
Gessner notes on Twitter that he has submitted the ProTube Extension for YouTube update and that it is expected to go live in Cydia within the next 12 hours, or some time September 2nd.
ProTube Extension for YouTube is popular because it adds a number of features to the YouTube application. Those include:
- Ad blocking
- Video downloading with download acceleration
- Background audio playback for videos
- Create playlists out of your downloaded videos
- An audio player for audio files
- Enable or disable auto-playing videos
- Choose your default playback quality for videos
- Choose the audio download quality
- Enable bypassing of 18+ restrictions
- Enable bypassing of blocked videos
ProTube Extension for YouTube is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $2.99, but existing customers will be able to download the update for free when it is released. The add-on is compatible with iOS 5 and iOS 6 and works with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Sources: Jonas Gessner