• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Dev Team Updates Redsn0w to Include 4.3.2 Untether


    News is spreading like wildfire within the jailbreak community at this hour as the Dev Team has just revised the RedSn0w jailbreak tool with iOS 4.3.2 support. All told, RedSn0w will, indeed, jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 and is now available on both Mac OS X and Windows.

    With incredible speed, the Dev Team has once again worked its magic, despite the release of iOS 4.3.2 by Apple less than one week ago. To be fair, of course, i0n1c’s untether certainly deserves some major props for the expedience of the this latest jailbreak update.

    “Only a few weeks after the 4.3.1 untether created by @i0n1c was released," the Dev Team posted on their blog, "Apple pushed out firmware 4.3.2. Thankfully, it appears Apple didn’t have a chance to fix the hole used by @i0n1c’s untether, so he ported his code over to 4.3.2’s kernel."

    Best of all, the 4.3.2 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.2 (except for the iPad 2). That means: iPhone3GS, iPhone4 (GSM), iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G, and the first-gen iPad.

    As always, the Dev Team warns, ultrasn0w unlockers "should stay away from redsn0w and only update their firmware through a custom IPSW. We’ll release a new version of PwnageTool sometime this week."

    MMi Mac Member Mirror
    Megaupload
    Rapidshare

    MMi Windows Member Mirror
    Megaupload
    Rapidshare

    Source: Dev Team Blog
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Dev Team Updates Redsn0w to Include 4.3.2 Untether started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 307 Comments
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Right now it has the itunes symbol with the usb cable but it has the slider that allows it to go to emergency call. I can see the one signal bar and the battery as full. that is it.

      it also has a i. which if i select it gives me the imei and iccid
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      Right now it has the itunes symbol with the usb cable but it has the slider that allows it to go to emergency call. I can see the one signal bar and the battery as full. that is it.

      it also has a i. which if i select it gives me the imei and iccid
      Plug it into iTunes.
      What does iTunes tell you about the phone?
      Is it saying you're in Recovery Mode?
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Plug it into iTunes.
      What does iTunes tell you about the phone?
      Is it saying you're in Recovery Mode?
      Ok I ran itunes and now it is pulling it up as set up your iphone. setup as new or restore from backup. It didn't do this before. Which one should I do?
    1. epignosis567's Avatar
      epignosis567 -
      Hi

      I'm on iPhone 4.3.1 jailbroken.
      I'm having problems with my phone.
      I just want to restore it back to factory settings on 4.3.1 and REjailbreak.

      Can I do this without any problems?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      Ok I ran itunes and now it is pulling it up as set up your iphone. setup as new or restore from backup. It didn't do this before. Which one should I do?
      Restore from backup will load your previous stuff. Setting up as new will do what it sounds like.

      Quote Originally Posted by epignosis567 View Post
      Hi

      I'm on iPhone 4.3.1 jailbroken.
      I'm having problems with my phone.
      I just want to restore it back to factory settings on 4.3.1 and REjailbreak.

      Can I do this without any problems?
      If you dont have shsh you will be forced to 4.3.2. But you can still jailbreak fine after that.
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Restore from backup will load your previous stuff. Setting up as new will do what it sounds like.



      If you dont have shsh you will be forced to 4.3.2. But you can still jailbreak fine after that.
      Ok that is what I thought but didn't you think I should get rid of the older baseband I had? Will this update the baseband or will it be the previous one?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      Ok that is what I thought but didn't you think I should get rid of the older baseband I had? Will this update the baseband or will it be the previous one?
      You've already done that part. This part is just about your settings/apps/music etc.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      Ok that is what I thought but didn't you think I should get rid of the older baseband I had? Will this update the baseband or will it be the previous one?
      It's already updated ur baseband. You don't have a choice in upgrading the baseband except for using a custom firmware to keep it from upgrading.
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      You've already done that part. This part is just about your settings/apps/music etc.
      Ok great! I just thought since it was showing one signal bar that it was still having the same issue. I really appreciate you helping out. The JB community is lucky to have you guys.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      Ok great! I just thought since it was showing one signal bar that it was still having the same issue. I really appreciate you helping out. The JB community is lucky to have you guys.
      BTW, Cydia might still be having problems. Any purchased apps cannot be installed and your SHSH files won't show
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Also, did iTunes tell u ur phone Activated?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      Ok great! I just thought since it was showing one signal bar that it was still having the same issue. I really appreciate you helping out. The JB community is lucky to have you guys.
      What modem firmware do you have now?
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Also, did iTunes tell u ur phone Activated?
      It just finished restoring and it is syncing as I type.

      I will keep the cydia issue in mind. Should I hold off on rejig till it is fixed?
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      It just finished restoring and it is syncing as I type.

      I will keep the cydia issue in mind. Should I hold off on rejig till it is fixed?
      No, u can jailbreak and get the free stuff. Just purchased apps (like PkgBackup) won't install.
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      What modem firmware do you have now?
      I will let you know as soon as it has finished syncing. It is however currently showing one bar. I normally have full bars in my home.
    1. epignosis567's Avatar
      epignosis567 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post


      If you dont have shsh you will be forced to 4.3.2. But you can still jailbreak fine after that.
      I've read that there are problems jbing 4.3.2 on iPhone 4. No?
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by epignosis567 View Post
      I've read that there are problems jbing 4.3.2 on iPhone 4. No?
      I just did mine today. I thought there was a problem but it turned out to be a Cydia/Amazon Cloud Server issue
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      What modem firmware do you have now?
      I don't how this happened but after it finished syncing I checked the apps and Cydia was present. I ran it and it apparently was freshly installed because it asked if I was user..hacker..etc. How is this possible? It did get rid of the fetch error messages, which is great!

      Baseband did not change either. 02.10.04
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
      I don't how this happened but after it finished syncing I checked the apps and Cydia was present. I ran it and it apparently was freshly installed because it asked if I was user..hacker..etc. How is this possible? It did get rid of the fetch error messages, which is great!

      Baseband did not change either. 02.10.04
      Awesome! You must've used a custom firmware to Restore ur phone. That's the only way you could have Cydia and a lower baseband than what is current. Congrats!
    1. iFckdMrsJobs's Avatar
      iFckdMrsJobs -
      Only issue with the old baseband is the one signal bar. It isn't that big of a deal but it would be nice to know what I really have.