Amazon recently updated Kindle for iOS today with a new feature that will make purchasing Amazon e-books through your iPhone a bit easier. The new “Free Sample” feature in Kindle for iOS 3.9 lets users search through Amazon’s catalog of Kindle books, download free samples, and if you like you can email yourself a link to purchase it from Amazon’s website at a later time. The update also has a new Bring Your Own Dictionary feature where you can add medical, legal, or other translation references to define words while you’re reading.
A full changelog of the update can be found below:
- Kindle Free Sample Search – From the existing Library Search, customers can now search Amazon’s catalog of millions of Kindle books and download free samples from within the app. New books are easier than ever to find.
- Bring Your Own Dictionary – Customers can now use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references to define words in any of their other eBooks. Dictionaries downloaded to the device automatically appear in the selection list.
- Accessibility Quick Reference – Accessibility gestures for blind and visually impaired customers are included for quick reference and can be found under the FAQ section in settings. The guide has been translated for all supported languages.
- Instant Cover Loader – Book cover art displays quicker and more fluidly.
- Bug Fixes/Stability Improvements