Just less than 10 days after it originally became available, Apple’s Logic Pro X was updated to version 10.0.1. The update addresses issues that would down-convert 24-bit audio to 16-bit; inadvertently flatten audio in Track Stacks, and more. Logic Pro X is available to download from the Mac App Store for those of you who are interested in downloading it.
According to Apple, the update has a number of both stability and performance improvements which include the following:
- Fixes an issue that could cause content downloading to stall
- 24-bit audio files are no longer converted to 16-bit when exporting projects to AAF
- Improves stability when switching between audio editors while Flex Pitch is enabled
- Track Stacks that contain both software instrument and audio tracks will no longer be inadvertently flattened by loading a Patch
- Tuner is now available when selecting a Track Stack containing audio tracks
- Addresses graphic and selection behavior issues in the Score Editor
The Cupertino California company recommends the release for all Logic Pro X customers. For those of you who don’t know much about it, the digital audio workstation and MIDI sequencer was first unveiled last week for $200. The software touts new features such as Drummer, Flex Pitch, and the accompanying Logic Remote for iPad.