• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Report Claims Apple is Looking Into the Idea of Larger iPhone and iPad Screens


    Apple is said to be exploring the possibilities of a larger iPhone display and an iPad with a 13-inch screen, according to a new report. The apparent behind-the-scenes research was revealed on Monday by The Wall Street Journal, which indicated that such devices have been tested with Asian suppliers. Although a specific screen size for a new iPhone model was given, it was reported that the company did build and test a prototype iPad with a screen-sized “slightly less than 13 inches diagonally.”

    For those of you who are on top of all the speculation, you already know there have been many reports in recent months of Apple planning to build an iPhone with a bigger display. Rumors have suggested that the larger display would be roughly around 5-inches diagonally and may be released as soon as next year. It’s believed that Apple is exploring such a device in response to the success of rival smartphones such as Samsung’s Galaxy Note series.

    Apple has already increased the size of the iPhone display from 3.5 inches to 4 inches with the launch of the iPhone 5 in 2012. The company boasted that by making the new screen taller but not wider, it can still be used with one hand. Even coming in at 4 inches, Apple’s iPhone 5 remains one of the smaller smartphone displays on the market.

    Although rumors of a so-called “iPhone Plus” aren’t new, word of a larger iPad has been less common. On the other hand, while smartphone sizes have trended towards becoming larger, tablets have trended toward becoming smaller, as seen by the success of Apple’s 7.9-inch iPad mini. Furthermore, John Gruber of Daring Fireball has mentioned in the past that he expects Apple to release an iOS-based notebook “eventually” – speculation which seems to align with Apple’s interest in a 13-inch touchscreen panel. Gruber however does not expect Apple to ever release a touchscreen MacBook.

    We’ll have to see how which of the rumors turn out to be true and which turn out to remain afloat after more concrete information is revealed.

    Source: Daring Fireball, The Wall Street Journal
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Report Claims Apple is Looking Into the Idea of Larger iPhone and iPad Screens started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
    1. ThatOneProfile's Avatar
      ThatOneProfile -
      Look at the past. 4-4s. Incremental updates. There is no doubt in my mind apple will continue on with the 4in screen.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      I could see them finally implementing the larger screen in the 6 but most certainly not the 5s just because of timing. And the larger iPad screen is just stupid. The iPad is too big as is so why make it larger? The iPad is as useless as and iPod touch so why make it bigger.
    1. xhazex9x's Avatar
      xhazex9x -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
      Look at the past. 4-4s. Incremental updates. There is no doubt in my mind apple will continue on with the 4in screen.
      unless you work for apple theres no way you could be 100% sure, nothings impossible and everything is possible
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      I could see them finally implementing the larger screen in the 6 but most certainly not the 5s just because of timing. And the larger iPad screen is just stupid. The iPad is too big as is so why make it larger? The iPad is as useless as and iPod touch so why make it bigger.
      I disagree. I'd love a desktop ipad because typing on it is so nice. I wish they'd make it bigger than 13"!
    1. sharp2G's Avatar
      sharp2G -
      iPhone Lite - 4"
      iPhone 6 - 4"
      iPhone Max - 5"+

      iPad Mini - 7.9"
      iPad - 9.7"
      iPad Maxi - 12.9"? NO!
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      I could see them finally implementing the larger screen in the 6 but most certainly not the 5s just because of timing. And the larger iPad screen is just stupid. The iPad is too big as is so why make it larger? The iPad is as useless as and iPod touch so why make it bigger.
      Maybe this will happen finally people have been asking for this for how many years and it has fallen on deaf ears .
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      Quote Originally Posted by sharp2G View Post
      iPhone Lite - 4"
      iPhone 6 - 4"
      iPhone Max - 5"+

      iPad Mini - 7.9"
      iPad - 9.7"
      iPad Maxi - 12.9"? NO!
      You forgot
      iPad Micro - 7.3"
      A 1080p Micro would be freaking awesome - it would be coat pocketable with a case.

      Apple has lost $Billions in sales - for taking so long to get round to this.
      What's the opposite of an innovator ?
      Whatever it is, Apple is a shining example of the cost attached to that.
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Oh rumors..Apple sure does know how to work the stage....Dam it they got me to.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      iPad Mini Mega Micro Max FTW!

      Https://vimeo.com/69512171
    1. ThatOneProfile's Avatar
      ThatOneProfile -
      Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
      unless you work for apple theres no way you could be 100% sure, nothings impossible and everything is possible
      The past has a history of repeating itself. Pun intended
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Its the best way to advertise. Let the public scrutinize on hearsay and they collect the data. Most Apple products come with updates we have wanted for sometime...im sure the next wave of devices will be no different. Patience and time.