As MMi reported Monday, the family of a 23-year old woman from Northwest China is claiming that she died after getting electrocuted while trying to answer a call on her iPhone as it was charging.
Tragically, the headlines at the end of the week mirror those at the beginning.
On Friday, Chinese news agencies began reporting that 30-year-old Wu Jiantong fell into a coma after sustaining an electric shock while trying to charge his iPhone 4.
Wu Jiantong's sister, according to China.org, said her brother collapsed after connecting his 2-year-old iPhone 4 to a charger. "He shouted 'electric shock' and then fell on the ground," Wu Jianxiang recalls. From there, she describes how her injured brother began experiencing what sounds like convulsions.
She said she also felt a slight electric shock from her arm to the tips of her toes when she tried to unplug the charger. Doctors at a nearby hospital said the victim's heart had stopped but they managed to resuscitate him. He was unconscious and in the intensive care unit.