Last week it was reported that the popular Deus Ex: The Fall game for iOS didn’t allow players with jailbroken iOS devices to fire any weapons in the game. Obviously since the game is highly priced compared to other iOS games, players that purchased the game with the intent of playing were infuriated to see that their jailbreaks were preventing them from playing.
It's still unclear why exactly the silly restriction was put into place for jailbroken devices; however, the company did promise that because they weren't clear about the restriction in the application description, they would remove the restriction:
Originally Posted by Deus Ex: The Fall Developers
• Improved enemy AI reaction and combat behavior
• Increased XP rewards for completing objectives
• Increased the amount of credits gained as rewards, across the game
• Improved damage and accuracy stats for the Combat Rifle
• Increased accuracy of Shotguns for better mid-range effectiveness
• Reduced some weapon costs (including high-end Plasma Rifles and Rocket Launchers)
If you have Deus Ex: The Fall installed on your iOS device already, you can find the update in the App Store under the Updates tab and download it for free. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Deus Ex: The Fall from the App Store for $6.99 via this App Store link.
Sources: App Store