• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Google Maps 2.0 Released for iOS


    Following Google’s Tuesday evening announcement of making the new Google Maps available to the public without the need for an invite, the company has issued an update to the iOS Google Maps application that brings the application to version 2.0.

    The update to Google Maps adds features mentioned in last Wednesday's tease, including a newly designed application for the iPad, as well as handy new turn-by-turn navigation features including enhanced navigation, live traffic updates, and incident reports.

    In addition, Google Maps 2.0 includes support for walking directions in malls, airports, and other large public locations. Users will also get to take advantage of Explore, a new feature that finds all of the most popular places to do things around you and lets you see them in a list view.

    The update also adds reviews to local places so users can read about other people's experiences, and users will also get to view offers via Google Offers in the application.

    Existing users of Google Maps will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store. Alternatively, users can download the latest version of Google Maps for free via this App Store link.

    Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Google Maps 2.0 Released for iOS started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 38 Comments
    1. EVO's Avatar
      EVO -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
      Eh?
      Exactly!

      On another note, does anyone know how to edit the name of favorites (i.e. starred locations) for iOS?...
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Dude are you serious! Do you not follow Google? Apple asked Google to incorporate turn by turn into native Maps and google denied stating that its a niche feature that they'd like to keep for Android OS only. Apple then said buh-bye.
      Do you read nothing? Or just what you want to hear? Let me do the reasearch for you.
      TiPb Answers: Why is There No Turn-by-Turn Navigation on the iPhone? | iMore.com
      Point 2
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Do you read nothing? Or just what you want to hear? Let me do the reasearch for you.
      TiPb Answers: Why is There No Turn-by-Turn Navigation on the iPhone? | iMore.com
      Point 2
      2008 article. Well done kid. They are talking about iOS < 4.

      http://m.technobuffalo.com/2012/09/2...ns-apparently/
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      2008 was when the facts first became apparent. Unlike you I have actually been following what goes on in the iPhone world for a little while and like to get my facts straight.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      2008 was when the facts first became apparent. Unlike you I have actually been following what goes on in the iPhone world for a little while and like to get my facts straight.
      Read your own post (post # 10).
    1. Perceptum's Avatar
      Perceptum -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      2008 was when the facts first became apparent. Unlike you I have actually been following what goes on in the iPhone world for a little while and like to get my facts straight.
      And The Wall Street has been following Apple and Google for a while also.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Read your own post (post # 10).
      Your ignorance shines through, when I used to help out we used to have to know our facts. You just make random statements. On what point are you trying to say I am inconsistent?

      Explain so I can defend myself.

      The Dev Team did not ask me to mod their blog because I got my facts wrong.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      ...Apple came up with their sorry excuse for a mapping App.
      The sorry excuse Apple came up with was that Google did not want to provide turn by turn directions on the built in Maps application on iOS 6, hence Apple said buh-bye to Google and did their own Maps application.

      Is that clear now or you want me to spoon feed you?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Stunning! You really don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Stunning! You really don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?
      I try to stay out of these situation, but...
      This seems to be disagreement that no one is going to back down from. No winners
      I also try not taking sides, but...
      confucious, I truly believe you are correct on this debate.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Stunning! You really don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?
      It is mind boggling how someone could be that smart. It really is.

      mod edit/
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      It is mind boggling how someone could be that ******. It really is.
      Now your getting out of control. Please, name calling/calling out is unacceptable.
    1. Perceptum's Avatar
      Perceptum -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      People defending all things Apple, even when they are clearly inferior, is strange. They bring out a polished turd and people defend it because its Apple.
      People defending all things Google, even when they are clearly inferior, is strange. They bring out a polished turd and people defend it because it is Google. Goes both ways.
    1. tonylee5566's Avatar
      tonylee5566 -
      Microsoft has brought the Outlook Web App to Apple's iPhone and iPad. The problem? It's only for Office 365
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
      People defending all things Google, even when they are clearly inferior, is strange. They bring out a polished turd and people defend it because it is Google. Goes both ways.
      Very true.

      I've been trying out Android and hate it with a passion, I did think I would be able to last until the next iPhone is out as I didn't want to buy a 5 when a new one will replace it soon. But am now just waiting for my 5 to be delivered. I really don't like Android.

      But I will continue to use Google Maps on my iPhone and iPad because it is far better than Apple Maps. YMMV.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Now your getting out of control. Please, name calling/calling out is unacceptable.
      Biased much?

      "Ignorance: never having the chance to learn.
      Stupid: having the chance but still not learning."

      One can call me ignorant but I cant call one stupid.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Ignorance - according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is a lack of knowledgeor information.
      Stupid - is what some people look by posting in ignorance.
    1. tonylee5566's Avatar
      tonylee5566 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Very true.

      I've been trying out Android and hate it with a passion, I did think I would be able to last until the next iPhone is out as I didn't want to buy a 5 when a new one will replace it soon. But am now just waiting for my 5 to be delivered. I really don't like Android.

      But I will continue to use Google Maps on my iPhone and iPad because it is far better than Apple Maps. YMMV.
      i also use the google maps