• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Production of the iPhone 5S to Reportedly Begin by the End of this Month


    According to the folks over at AllThingsD, a production ramp up of the next-generation iPhone is set to begin around the end of this month. The news confirms a recent report from Jefferies analyst, Peter Misek who believes that Apple started a small batch of production of the iPhone 5S last month. With the company now gearing up for mass production, it appears to be making its final preparations for a launch later this year.

    A report from earlier today suggested that supplies of the iPhone 5S will be constrained at launch, as is the case with many new Apple product releases. The cause was attributed to low yields on a new fingerprint sensor that is expected in the device.

    For those of you who have been following rumors and speculations, you already know that several iPhone 5S prototype photos have already leaked, showcasing features such as a dual-LED flash and a slightly larger battery as well as an A7 chip. Misek for his part believes that the 5S production ramp-up is in addition to one thatís in progress for the rumored lower-cost iPhone. According to AllThingsD:

    Interestingly, Misek says that iPhone production ramp up will follow one thatís already under way for Appleís long-rumored lower-cost iPhone, a device he figures the company will price somewhere between $300 and $400 ó without a subsidy. He estimates production plans at 25 million to 30 million units, split pretty much evenly across the 5s and its new lower-cost sibling. And he says the new entry probably wonít be competitive with the truly low-end handsets popular in emerging markets.
    Last year, around this same point of time in July, we saw many reports of increased production in preparation for the release of the iPhone 5. This leads us to believe that reports of the current ramp-up in production are likely to be true.

    Source: AllThingsD
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Production of the iPhone 5 to Reportedly Begin by the End of this Month started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 18 Comments
    1. Jarolin Vargas's Avatar
      Jarolin Vargas -
      iphone 5S*
    1. iM1sf1t's Avatar
      iM1sf1t -
      Will they release iOS 6 soon too?
    1. morbidpete's Avatar
      morbidpete -
      Quote Originally Posted by iM1sf1t View Post
      Will they release iOS 6 soon too?
      I'm sure you meant iOS 7
    1. Airwaves182's Avatar
      Airwaves182 -
      Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
      I'm sure you meant iOS 7
      DUH. He was joking
    1. JJones_86's Avatar
      JJones_86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
      iphone 5S*
      Yeah, he definitely butchered this article. That's even a picture of an iPhone 4/4S lol
    1. iM1sf1t's Avatar
      iM1sf1t -
      Sarcasm is often missed in plain text... Next time I'll italicize the sarcastic parts to avoid confusion...

      Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS 7
    1. Akshay Masand's Avatar
      Akshay Masand -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
      iphone 5S*
      Fixed!

      Thanks for the quick catch.
    1. bradmullins007's Avatar
      bradmullins007 -
      The Reporters are on a tear! The google map can't be downloaded in the US and now MMi drops a bombshell saying the iPhone 5 is almost ready for production. No doubt MMi is the best source for all things "i".
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Lets get it going!
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Compared to the GS4, the iPhone 5Scam is no match. Just stick with your iP5 and apply the new iOS7 update. You will be good for another year.
    1. DieselVexx's Avatar
      DieselVexx -
      The SG4 is Ten times better but I'd give my last walnut for an Iphone 5s! It's a choice Thing.Without which we'd all be sheep! Zen 10 to the hot dog vendor! Make me one with everything! Ahhh...OK, my Meds have stopped working...
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
      The Reporters are on a tear! The google map can't be downloaded in the US and now MMi drops a bombshell saying the iPhone 5 is almost ready for production. No doubt MMi is the best source for all things "i".
      Quote Originally Posted by JJones_86 View Post
      Yeah, he definitely butchered this article. That's even a picture of an iPhone 4/4S lol
      Must be so hard to be so nice on the internet, especially with so many trolls out there. Nice to see people set themselves apart from all that. So happy we have people like you to keep MMi such a fun loving, troll-free place.
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      ^ +1

      I can't wait to upgrade!
    1. LudaChris's Avatar
      LudaChris -
      what happened to the, March 2013 production date and the June 21 2013 release date of the 5S, that i read about back in november?
    1. SnapIt's Avatar
      SnapIt -
      Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
      what happened to the, March 2013 production date and the June 21 2013 release date of the 5S, that i read about back in november?
      It's because the iPhone 5S is gonna be soooo amazing that it's taking longer than expected.




      Or as Borat would say.............. NOT
    1. LudaChris's Avatar
      LudaChris -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
      It's because the iPhone 5S is gonna be soooo amazing that it's taking longer than expected.




      Or as Borat would say.............. NOT
      lol
    1. iM1sf1t's Avatar
      iM1sf1t -
      Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
      must be so hard to be so nice on the internet, especially with so many trolls out there. Nice to see people set themselves apart from all that. So happy we have people like you to keep mmi such a fun loving, troll-free place.
      ^^^^ sarcasm ^^^^
    1. morbidpete's Avatar
      morbidpete -
      Quote Originally Posted by iM1sf1t View Post
      Sarcasm is often missed in plain text... Next time I'll italicize the sarcastic parts to avoid confusion...

      Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS 7
      my bad