Microsoft recently launched its official Outlook Web App mail applications on the iOS App Store, with separate downloads optimized for both the iPhone and the iPad recently. Both apps are available to download for free, providing users with a native Outlook Web App experience on iOS devices. In order to use the app, users must subscribe to Office 365 and have the latest update of Exchange Online.
It has been speculated in the past that Microsoft was working on a native version of the Outlook Web App for iOS. As expected, the new application uses the same tiled “Metro” interface found on Microsoft’s other platforms such as Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Those of you interested in downloading the Outlook Web App for iOS will need an iPhone 4, iPad 2 or newer running iOS 6 or higher. Using OWA on iOS doesn’t incur an additional charge for Office 365 subscribers.
The features of the application as highlighted by Microsoft include the following:
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
- Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
- Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
Source: iTunes (1) (2), Microsoft Office (blog)