• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices?


    Alright, I chatted with geohot earlier today but was sworn to secrecy - although it seems the news made its way out anyway, so geohot said go ahead and cover it here.

    geohot is prepped to launch limera1n (we covered the possibility of such a software months ago) on 10/11/10 - the 1 year anniversary of the release of blackra1n.



    p0sixninja, who's work on SHAtter has been vital in making it happen, has already set an ETA of 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM for greenpois0n, his jailbreak for all A4 devices (iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod Touch 4G). geohot now has returned from "retirement" and announced a release the day after greenpois0n's slated release date - with a jailbreak that would work on /all/ iDevices.

    The two jailbreaks use separate exploits, although greenpois0n uses a new one, SHAtter, while geohot has used the exploit in limera1n before (and yah, it still works). geohot hasn't made an official announcement anywhere, so there's still the off chance someone will randomly talk him out of releasing, but it's looking pretty solid. There is some talk of p0sixninja even using geohot's exploit in greenpois0n, saving SHAtter for a future jailbreak, but it doesn't look like p0sixninja is interested in it, as it'd push back release dates even more.

    So... either way, looks like all you folks out there waiting for Game Center, AirSharing, AND Cydia... you'll get your cake (pie) come Sunday and Monday. And apparently you'll need a big plate.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: limera1n 10/11/10 jailbreaks all devices? started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 607 Comments
    1. NessLookAlike's Avatar
      NessLookAlike -
      But. Will. It. Jailbreak. iPad 4.2 Beta?! I'm tired of playing around with iPad 3.2.2 while everyone's zipping along with 4.0+ now.. No one seems clear about this.
    1. iBeast24/7's Avatar
      iBeast24/7 -
      Will a unlock follow for FW 5.14.02?????????
    1. dying4004's Avatar
      dying4004 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iBeast24/7 View Post
      Will a unlock follow for FW 5.14.02?????????
      no1 has yet talked about an unlock for 5.14.02. so i think not in next 1 month.
    1. Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
      Bluemoldycheeze88 -
      Nice Geo

      That being said his JB might not be polished but the fact it will work on iphone 3gs is huge.
    1. mikrophon's Avatar
      mikrophon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bababooey13 View Post
      Your all forgetting, Greenpois0n "Shatter" is confirmed to be an UNTETHERED jb... Limera1n is most likely a TETHERED jb... If that's the case, I'm ALL about Greenpois0n... **** GeoHot! Winy lil **** :-P
      geohot posted that video of his untethered iPod 3g on his blog demonstrating limera1n how many months ago? honestly if his exploit is really similar to greenpois0n then you should be thanking his *** that the exploit even exists right now.
    1. phoenix81's Avatar
      phoenix81 -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
      hope it works on all firmwares, and hope this doesnt feed his Ego.
      IMO feed his ego. The man (young man) started all this ****. So appreciate and never hate.

      You can pretend to hate to gates or jobs if you want. But we'd be in the stone age without them.
    1. KARLOZcr's Avatar
      KARLOZcr -
      Well... I cannot wait for "funday" and Monday to see what is going to happen...

      Millions of opinions has been posted on different websites, forums, chatrooms, etc... But... This situation about 2 JBs will be like the phone carriers... Different names, different logos, different offers and different discounts... At the very end all the carriers do the same...
      The final user is the one will choose depending of his needs...

      In my case... I'm glad to hear something about one JB that supports my 3Gs old bootroom stuck on 4.1 just because I got it used too late to save it's 4.0.1 SHSHs...

      For the people that has 4th gen idevices congrats! Bcause you will have greenpoison to drink...

      For the ones that shares my condition congrats! Too... Because we are going to make it rain... Again.

      Regards from Costa Rica
    1. phoenix81's Avatar
      phoenix81 -
      Quote Originally Posted by King Shady View Post
      I hope you guys don't use Geohot's jb tool. He's so full of himself and reminds me of Brett Favre.... (I'm going... no wait im coming back!)
      Dude, your a tool. He has a right to be full of him self. The kid single handily created our jailbreak world. Can you do that? Can you even do anything but go to jailbreakme.com. Probably not I'm guessing. So give credit where it's due.
    1. phoenix81's Avatar
      phoenix81 -
      All in all. No one that comments can even begin to comprehend what goes into jailbreaking an idevice. So anyone that hates geo, pod, or pos should suck a fat one. Do something instead of complaining. Talk is easy ***** holes.
    1. Hillsdale's Avatar
      Hillsdale -
      I agree Geohot has basically built the jail breaking community to what it is today BUT, If you say your going to leave THEN LEAVE. If your going to stay THEN STAY. But don't prance around crying like a baby about how everyone bugs you about release dates and threaten to leave us in the dust, basically dissing the whole community then come back. We are JUST fine without you Egohot. We obviously don't need you anymore so just go back to stroking you ego

      And apparently the reason its coming out on 10/11 is because he heard the jailbreak is coming out on 10/10 and he just put the day after. If that is true he is a complete ******* and further proves we don't need pricks like him running around with his self proclaimed "almighty god" status.
    1. abidsafer's Avatar
      abidsafer -
      Is the unlock going to come with this or is it just a jailbreak
    1. politicalslug's Avatar
      politicalslug -
      Quote Originally Posted by mikrophon View Post
      geohot posted that video of his untethered iPod 3g on his blog demonstrating limera1n how many months ago? honestly if his exploit is really similar to greenpois0n then you should be thanking his *** that the exploit even exists right now.
      Pod2G found the shatter exploit used in Green Poison, NOT GeoHot. GeoHot could have contributed months ago, but seeing as he's the world's biggest primadonna douchebag he just couldn't help himself but spoil the party for those people who've spent months working on this jailbreak.

      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
      Dude, your a tool. He has a right to be full of him self. The kid single handily created our jailbreak world. Can you do that? Can you even do anything but go to jailbreakme.com. Probably not I'm guessing. So give credit where it's due.
      Can you repeat that without geohot's **** in your mouth. I couldn't quite make out what you were saying. He's a bright dude, but his antics bug everyone.
    1. chris-tt's Avatar
      chris-tt -
      I wonder when Geo actually started work on limerain? What's the betting it's been ready for months, however because of his gripes with the community he's held off releasing. It almost seems like he has attempted to delay the release date even further by offering forward his exploit so two exploits aren't uncovered at the same time. If this was a genuine gesture he would have been in contact with dev team a long time ago.
      Geo has put dev team in a difficult position, they went against the grain and gave a release date, is this what got Geos back up? They are in a position now where they don't want to miss this date, but in the same breath I'm sure they don't want to waste an exploit when Geo has offered his to them on a platter.
    1. dmb41302's Avatar
      dmb41302 -
      It is offical, Geohot has thus proven he is a piece of human garbage.

      If you say "I'm out!" THEN GTFO!

      Your like that wart on my **** that won't go away, just leave, never come back.

      There is a big song and dance about you leaving, do you think people care? You are about as worthless as a c*ck flavored lollipop.

      Everyone else BUT you does this and enjoys it, you do this for a power trip, get a life...ITS AN IPHONE!!! This will not get you chicks dude.

      Jailbreaking is awesome, no question. But unlocking? at this point is worthless...wake up everyone, neverlock iPhones are $700 and $800 from Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!

      eBay is selling them like crazy, or contact a wholesaler, hell, I will sell you one.

      Done with this crap, why does everyone have to leave there mark? We appreciate your work, don't rub it in!

      OUT-
    1. eyeRobot's Avatar
      eyeRobot -
      We need limerain as it covers all devices. Why not save greenpoison?
    1. GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
      GellBrake'rrrr -
      Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
      we need limerain as it covers all devices. Why not save greenpoison?
      very good point!!!!
    1. Vincz's Avatar
      Vincz -
      Quote Originally Posted by KARLOZcr View Post
      Well... I cannot wait for "funday" and Monday to see what is going to happen...

      Millions of opinions has been posted on different websites, forums, chatrooms, etc... But... This situation about 2 JBs will be like the phone carriers... Different names, different logos, different offers and different discounts... At the very end all the carriers do the same...
      The final user is the one will choose depending of his needs...

      In my case... I'm glad to hear something about one JB that supports my 3Gs old bootroom stuck on 4.1 just because I got it used too late to save it's 4.0.1 SHSHs...

      For the people that has 4th gen idevices congrats! Bcause you will have greenpoison to drink...

      For the ones that shares my condition congrats! Too... Because we are going to make it rain... Again.

      Regards from Costa Rica
      Exactly same situation, except I'm on new bootrom. But should work also right?
    1. ashrafkhalifa's Avatar
      ashrafkhalifa -
      Hello...Hello guys greenpois0n only jailbreak A4 chip iDevice:

      Edit Poseidon: This will only work on the iPhone 4, iPad and
      iPod Touch 4G
      . It does /not/ support any older devices as they do not contain the A4 chip that contains the exploit.

      Secondly this is not an unlock and will not help those that have updated to 4.0.2 or 4.1

      And Limera1n jailbreak would work on all iDevices!!!!!
    1. iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
      iNT3Rv3NTiONZz -
      THE KING IS BACK!
      Tbh with his ego, we all knew he'd come back for a piece of the pie


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. SnR's Avatar
      SnR -
      That's really an ******* move by geohot on chronic dev. He completely stole their thunder, and is going to burn a perfectly good bootrom exploit.