• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Customize Almost Any Slider in iOS With 'Sliderz'


    By far one of the most important parts of jailbreaking is the ability to customize elements in iOS. One of the more popular things to customize are the slider bars.

    With a new jailbreak tweak called Sliderz by iOS developer Noeliel, you can easily customize not only the slide to unlock slider on the lock screen, but also the power down slider used to power off your iOS device, the notification slider on the lock screen used to quickly view incoming notifications, and the calling slider used to answer incoming phone calls or FaceTime calls.

    Sliderz will add a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can customize the text for any slider that you want. Unlike competing tweaks, with Sliderz you can also use Emojis in the text that you put into your sliders. You won’t need to respring your device for changes to take effect, because changes will take effect immediately:



    Apart from the ability to change the slider text, you will also be able to hide or show the Camera Grabber on the lock screen:



    Sliderz is compatible with iOS 6 on the iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. If you would like to download Sliderz and start your slider customization today, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for just 99˘.

    Name: Sliderz
    Price: 99˘
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Noeliel
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Customize Almost Any Slider in iOS With 'Sliderz' started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
    1. mlnlover11's Avatar
      mlnlover11 -
      This is not worth money. Most of what this tweak does can be accomplished by editing the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/*.lproj/*.strings files.
    1. Noeliel's Avatar
      Noeliel -
      Quote Originally Posted by mlnlover11 View Post
      This is not worth money. Most of what this tweak does can be accomplished by editing the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/*.lproj/*.strings files.
      However, some people may
      1) not be able to do this
      2) not want to respring their device over and over

      This tweak doesn't actually change any system PropertyLists, so it's safer to use than any edited plist, as it kicks you into safe mode in case anything unexpected happens. If you'd have an edited plist, the worst case could be a boot loop of death, which some people can't deal with properly.

      In addition, I'll implement a few more unique features into this one during the next days / weeks.

      @Anthony
      Very nice review, thank you =)

      Kind regards,
      ~Noeliel
    1. kuanyu's Avatar
      kuanyu -
      Lol
    1. wiipro's Avatar
      wiipro -
      Say goodbye to that in iOS 7
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by Noeliel View Post
      However, some people may
      1) not be able to do this
      2) not want to respring their device over and over

      This tweak doesn't actually change any system PropertyLists, so it's safer to use than any edited plist, as it kicks you into safe mode in case anything unexpected happens. If you'd have an edited plist, the worst case could be a boot loop of death, which some people can't deal with properly.

      In addition, I'll implement a few more unique features into this one during the next days / weeks.

      @Anthony
      Very nice review, thank you =)

      Kind regards,
      ~Noeliel
      you can make a back up of the .strings file mentioned by mlnlover11, then you edit it, a respring will not kill your iDevice, but using tons of tweaks will slow down your iDevice making it slow and unresponsive. It's your choice at the end of the day

      Quote Originally Posted by Noeliel View Post
      the worst case could be a boot loop of death
      this only happens if the coder has clashes with other tweaks because of not enough testing done to make it compatible or failure to test at all or the user starts panicking and starts making very bad choices causing the issue to get worse

      Quote Originally Posted by wiipro View Post
      Say goodbye to that in iOS 7
      .strings file is still there, so it can still be done manually in iOS 7, which probably means this tweak will live
    1. Noeliel's Avatar
      Noeliel -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      this only happens if the coder has clashes with other tweaks because of not enough testing done to make it compatible or failure to test at all or the user starts panicking and starts making very bad choices causing the issue to get worse
      MobileSubstrate tweaks nowadays do most likely never put your device into a boot loop of death. Incompatibility results in safe mode.
      However, manipulated system plists can. I must agree that the user would have to completely screw up the plist - or try to enter stuff the system can't deal with at that particular point.
    1. renswic's Avatar
      renswic -
      Quote Originally Posted by mlnlover11 View Post
      This is not worth money. Most of what this tweak does can be accomplished by editing the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/*.lproj/*.strings files.
      There are also a number of free apps that does this as well.