• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 4's Luster Finally Losing its Grip on Consumers



    Until recently, most studies, surveys, polls, market analysis, and good old fashioned word on the street all suggested the same thing - the iPhone 4 is 2010's biggest attention-getter in the mobile space and, arguably, the most popular and talked-about smartphone ever produced.

    But, in recent weeks, the iPhone has seemingly begun to lose its stranglehold on consumers. Based on the latest findings of ChangeWave Research about smartphone preferences, only 38% of prospective smartphone buyers surveyed want iOS on their next smartphone. Relatively speaking, that figure represents a significant 12 point drop from this past June, a month in which the new 4th generation iPhone was unveiled and a whopping 50% of all would-be smartphone buyers said they wanted an iPhone. Although the "freshness" of the 4th gen iPhone release in June likely skewed the results of the survey to the upside, the precipitous decline is noteworthy, nonetheless.

    So who is picking up the iPhone's slack? Android. 37% of the survey participants expressed interest in an Android based phone. To date, the narrowing gap in consumer interest between the iPhone (38%) and Android (37%) represents the closest race ever witnessed in a ChangeWave study for smartphone dominance between these two superpowers of the mobile space. As previously, however, the Apple iOS still "leads the industry with 74% of customers who use the iPhone OS saying they’re Very Satisfied." Only 65% of Android OS users, however, report being "Very Satisfied."

    ChangeWave
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 4's Luster Finally Losing its Grip on Consumers started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 111 Comments
    1. GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
      GellBrake'rrrr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Xanax View Post
      I guess some people have no clue what a "sense of humor" is.
      Sense of humor??? Obviously you haven't read any of my posts. It's all fun and games till someone gets banned from Mod-our-I.... Because the "my" part will no longer include YOU!
    1. Dr.Xanax's Avatar
      Dr.Xanax -
      Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
      Sense of humor??? Obviously you haven't read any of my posts. It's all fun and games till someone gets banned from Mod-our-I.... Because the "my" part will no longer include YOU!
      Well first of all, I was talking to the tooth fairy; I don't even know where you came from and interrupted. Second, you killed the website name with your corny comment. Third, the tooth fairy is a cool mod; I've seen him/her on other topics before and he/she clearly has a good sense of humor, so why don't YOU go read some posts now. kthxbai
    1. GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
      GellBrake'rrrr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Xanax View Post
      Well first of all, I was talking to the tooth fairy; I don't even know where you came from and interrupted. Second, you killed the website name with your corny comment. Third, the tooth fairy is a cool mod; I've seen him/her on other topics before and he/she clearly has a good sense of humor, so why don't YOU go read some posts now. kthxbai
      Great response!!! I'll leave your poor come back alone, you don't want another Mod to let you know that we are actually here for information, not high school humor. So, take some more Alprazolam and TRY to remember what you did/said.
    1. zmanforever's Avatar
      zmanforever -
      Hey I'm on my iPhone 4 right now but honestly the Galaxy S Epic 4G is better, especially rooted.

      I have both cause I can, and you can to if you want!

      Jailbroken iPhone 4 rocks also no where near over clocking yet for sweet emulator action like Epic 4.

      Plus once the LTE iPhone 5 with new mobile nvidia gpu is out I'm on that!

      To me the androids will take over as most sold because more and more phones even lower end ones are adopting the OS and already more new android phones over Apple OS, Blackberry OS, and soon Windows 7 for the phone.

      Don't hate me I love the iPhone 4 and this is a great achievement in technology but I smell revamped iPhone 4S or just iPhone 5 guaranteed for 2011.

      Look at how Verizon is switching to LTE next year they know what happened to AT&T having to end unlimited data package on the iPhone plan an only us lucky few from the first one still have this.

      Don't ban me rock on modmyi this site rocks.

      Also Eng 102 sux.
    1. Kaid's Avatar
      Kaid -
      Hi Guys

      I am one of the statistics.

      Bought an iPhone 3GS last year and thought that it was really far ahead of the competition.

      12 months later I think that the story has changed, and I have just switched to Android as I feel that it better serves my needs. Don't get me wrong it may not be forever but at least for the next 9 months until iPhone 5 and iOS5 comes out.

      I think that the iPhone is still a great device but for me even after jailbreaking its not customisable enough and doesn't serve my business needs, but that's not to say that it doesn't work for someone else.

      Still got an eye on here.
    1. Dr.Xanax's Avatar
      Dr.Xanax -
      Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
      Great response!!! I'll leave your poor come back alone, you don't want another Mod to let you know that we are actually here for information, not high school humor. So, take some more Alprazolam and TRY to remember what you did/said.
      I'm done arguing, this will go on forever. Good day.
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
      To me the androids will take over as most sold because more and more phones even lower end ones are adopting the OS and already more new android phones over Apple OS, Blackberry OS, and soon Windows 7 for the phone.

      Don't hate me I love the iPhone 4 and this is a great achievement in technology but I smell revamped iPhone 4S or just iPhone 5 guaranteed for 2011.

      Look at how Verizon is switching to LTE next year they know what happened to AT&T having to end unlimited data package on the iPhone plan an only us lucky few from the first one still have this.
      1. Most sold means very little, just look at Mac and pc sales.

      2. Of course there will be a revamped iPhone in 2011, just like every year since it's inception. What you're smelling is called common sense.

      3. AT&T will go to LTE next year too, what's your point?
    1. Dr.Xanax's Avatar
      Dr.Xanax -
      "Most sold means very little, just look at Mac and pc sales."

      Not to start a Mac vs Pc argument but there's a reason that Macs don't sell all that well. Multiple reasons actually.

      1. Poor comparability
      2. Expensive
      3. Less hardware for buck

      Don't get me wrong. I have a Mac but I can see why they are behind
    1. Sarah Hastings's Avatar
      Sarah Hastings -
      @ Dr. Xanax: Everyone has his view, but I think, it should be more about software, than the hardware, as the game for hardware is over, becauses the smarter it is, the more modern we rank it.
      About iPhone 4, I do not agree with the survey as many, I think its still on top, and more sensational than android.
    1. Dr.Xanax's Avatar
      Dr.Xanax -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Hastings View Post
      @ Dr. Xanax: Everyone has his view, but I think, it should be more about software, than the hardware, as the game for hardware is over, becauses the smarter it is, the more modern we rank it.
      About iPhone 4, I do not agree with the survey as many, I think its still on top, and more sensational than android.
      What? You need powerful hardware to run powerful software. Unfortunately, you can't just flip that statement. MACs simply lack the power to run some of the more demanding software out there. Yes you *can* get a Macintosh with powerful hardware but it simply costs too much because Apple charges a premium on all their products. There eventually comes a point where you don't just look at a pretty girl and decide to marry her, you have to consider everything about her including intelligence (cpu), compatibility with others (like windows compatibility), etc
    1. awesome.rising's Avatar
      awesome.rising -
      Cool story bro.