• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Recently Surfaced Images and Video Claim to Show Apple's "iPhone Lite"


    A slew of images and stylized videos hit the web recently, all of which are purporting to show a buttonless rear shell attached to a display assembly bound for Apple’s rumored low-cost “iPhone Lite.” According to a post on its blog, accessory reseller Techdy claims to have snagged a white copy of the iPhone rear’s shell, as well as the device’s accompanying 4-inch display, from up-chain supply sources in China.



    Although the images and video purportedly show an “iPhone Lite,” the lack of physical buttons on the exterior chassis make the claims a bit suspicious. The most suspicious of the recently released images is the absence of any physical control buttons or cutouts on the shell, even for a power switch, meaning the sample is either an early working prototype or has been fabricated out of whole cloth. Adding to the confusion, within the purported shell is a metal anchor plate meant for internal components. The lining has cutouts for external controls like volume and power, which is consistent with previous rumored leaks through Techdy’s shell, only shows small holes where these ports should be. This possibly means the plate was taken from a previously-leaked shell and placed in the fabricated version.



    Giving away the true intentions of the site’s post is an Android handset it has for sale called the “Basic Bear,” which appears to use a rebranded version of polycarbonate shell detailed in the report. For those of you who don’t know, Techdy recently opened up shop in April with an open-source game controller for the iPad mini and as such has no track record in “leaking” Apple products. The company was founded by M.I.C. Gadget’s Chris Chang, who has a decent history in reporting on Apple’s Far East movements.



    Those of you interested in watching a video of the device can do so by hitting the source link below.

    Source: Techdy (blog)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Recently Surfaced Images and Video Claim to Show Apple's "iPhone Lite" started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 35 Comments
    1. SnapIt's Avatar
      SnapIt -
      Budget iPhone really? WOW is this really what it's come to? So now instead of talking about amazing new products like we used to be able to do back when Steve Jobs was around, we have plastic toy versions of the iPhone for broke people to hype up instead?

      Well I'm sure all the drug dealers will be happy they won't have to resort to TracFones for burner phones anymore. Not while this amazing new "budget" iPhone will be available
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
      WOW is this really what it's come to? So now instead of being excited about amazing new products we have plastic toy versions of the iPhone for broke people instead? Well I'm sure all the drug dealers will be happy that they can throw away their TracFone for this "budget" burner iPhone instead
      I hope you facepalmed nice and hard. What you said doesnt even make sense. Drug dealers should be able to afford a premium iphone! If not they are doing it wrong! And just like fat ppl broke ppl need love too
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Wow. U have a very wired view on the world or a complex. That was instilled in u from when u were young. When you hear budget iPhone u automatically think drug dealer. Not a young teenager or and elderly person this could benefit...oh yea do your research on Wikipedia or what ever bs website you go to that gives you ideas like that. Find out what a burn out phone really is suppose to do.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      The same story over and over. The budget iPhone is made up in this video off supposed specs. Again, notice there isn't any model designation or "designed by Apple..." on the back of the phone. All this video is, is an advertisement for a Android based knock off that is based off an iPhone's specs that doesn't exist except in the rumor mill.

      Stop writing about the same rubbish over and over.
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      The same story over and over. The budget iPhone is made up in this video off supposed specs. Again, notice there isn't any model designation or "designed by Apple..." on the back of the phone. All this video is, is an advertisement for a Android based knock off that is based off an iPhone's specs that doesn't exist except in the rumor mill.

      Stop writing about the same rubbish over and over.
      Pretty much another goophone.
    1. Albut's Avatar
      Albut -
      Looks so cheap, must be free on contract!
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
      Pretty much another goophone.
      Exactly!
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
      Looks so cheap, must be free on contract!
      Hahaha. Free. Hahaha. Apple. Hahaha
    1. MoDaLoT's Avatar
      MoDaLoT -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
      Budget iPhone really? WOW is this really what it's come to? So now instead of talking about amazing new products like we used to be able to do back when Steve Jobs was around, we have plastic toy versions of the iPhone for broke people to hype up instead?

      Well I'm sure all the drug dealers will be happy they won't have to resort to TracFones for burner phones anymore. Not while this amazing new "budget" iPhone will be available
      Lol you know a lot about that life style you sure you did not hustle on the side?

      Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
      I hope you facepalmed nice and hard. What you said doesnt even make sense. Drug dealers should be able to afford a premium iphone! If not they are doing it wrong! And just like fat ppl broke ppl need love too
      Exactly, If they can't get it they need to get out the game.
    1. Hondamaker's Avatar
      Hondamaker -
      I just can't see Apple doing a budget phone.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      C'mon people apple is just widening their devices so that everyone can have a piece of the pie. I am a bit confused though as people on welfare and government checks (I work at Walmart) they own iPhone 5s and galaxy s4s lol
    1. SnapIt's Avatar
      SnapIt -
      Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
      I hope you facepalmed nice and hard. What you said doesnt even make sense. Drug dealers should be able to afford a premium iphone! If not they are doing it wrong! And just like fat ppl broke ppl need love too
      Clearly you have no clue about what the point of a "BURNER PHONE" is.

      As for fat and broke people, lose some weight and get better jobs! Or a better hustle for that matter

      Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
      Wow. U have a very wired view on the world or a complex. That was instilled in u from when u were young. When you hear budget iPhone u automatically think drug dealer. Not a young teenager or and elderly person this could benefit...oh yea do your research on Wikipedia or what ever bs website you go to that gives you ideas like that. Find out what a burn out phone really is suppose to do.
      Unlike you, I don't live a sheltered life, I know EXACTLY WTF goes on in the world and on the streets!

      Younger teenager? LMAO WTF would they need a budget iPhone for when mommy and daddy buy them the regular iPhone already??

      Elderly person with an iPhone? LMFAO! That's about a likely as a 3yr old with a car

      Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
      Lol you know a lot about that life style you sure you did not hustle on the side?
      Never said I didn't

      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      C'mon people apple is just widening their devices so that everyone can have a piece of the pie. I am a bit confused though as people on welfare and government checks (I work at Walmart) they own iPhone 5s and galaxy s4s lol
      Of course they do, and worst of all is YOUR TAX MONEY helped pay for it!
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
      Of course they do, and worst of all is YOUR TAX MONEY helped pay for it!
      Lmao I know right. I work tomorrow, a lot of those people depend on me. I work too damn hard to be this broke. Lol
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
      Clearly you have no clue about what the point of a "BURNER PHONE" is.
      Clearly you don't either. Why would a drug dealer spend several hundred on an out of contract unlocked smart phone when they can grab a hundred free flip phones and dispose of them as needed without loosing a dime. A free phone will send and receive calls and text messages just a well.
    1. beeswax173's Avatar
      beeswax173 -
      Did anybody notice Android OS on one of the pics? Apple/Android hahahahaha
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      Clearly you don't either. Why would a drug dealer spend several hundred on an out of contract unlocked smart phone when they can grab a hundred free flip phones and dispose of them as needed without loosing a dime. A free phone will send and receive calls and text messages just a well.
      Exactly. Do some research. Internet goon.
    1. xhazex9x's Avatar
      xhazex9x -
      Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
      I hope you facepalmed nice and hard. What you said doesnt even make sense. Drug dealers should be able to afford a premium iphone! If not they are doing it wrong! And just like fat ppl broke ppl need love too
      what he said^^ dont hate on broke people cause you never know where youll end up in life at some point in time....
    1. StuG III's Avatar
      StuG III -
      I hope this isn't real...
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      I really doubt Apple will be making a cheap iPhone...sure it would help beat out the competition, but they've never really been worried about that.
    1. h2a's Avatar
      h2a -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
      Clearly you have no clue about what the point of a "BURNER PHONE" is.

      As for fat and broke people, lose some weight and get better jobs! Or a better hustle for that matter



      Unlike you, I don't live a sheltered life, I know EXACTLY WTF goes on in the world and on the streets!

      Younger teenager? LMAO WTF would they need a budget iPhone for when mommy and daddy buy them the regular iPhone already??

      Elderly person with an iPhone? LMFAO! That's about a likely as a 3yr old with a car



      Never said I didn't



      Of course they do, and worst of all is YOUR TAX MONEY helped pay for it!
      eek. i must live in a completely different reality than this. a place where getting a 'better job' is nearly impossible, mommy and daddy can't afford to buy iPhones, elderly people find the video communication features and accessibility of iOS devices useful and enriching, and not everyone who gets government aid is trying to abuse the system.