• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Samsung Continues Ad Campaign against Apple's iPhone in Iceland


    Samsung appears to be taking the battle with Apple to Iceland, knocking the iPhone for its language limitations in a curious new ad that features balaclavas, goats, and lots of apples. The ad shows a man trying to use an actual apple, similarly to how one might use an iPhone, but obviously with disappointed results. He hangs his head in frustration with the device and a caption stating the following: Get a phone that understands you.

    As the ad continues, another man appears, one who is happily swiping away as his Samsung Galaxy S4. He is surrounded by dozens of identical apples all lying unused on the ground. The man breaks into a dance, accompanied by four black-clad dancers in ski masks. A goat looks on with an inscrutable expression. The commercial ends with the smiling man taking a bite from an apple while holding a Galaxy S4 to his ear.

    Those of you interested in watching the commercial can do so below:



    The commercial makes an attempt at pointing out the iPhone’s lack of voice control support for Icelandic. Samsung’s Galaxy S4 supports the language, while Apple’s Siri and dictation features do not. The South Korean manufacturer’s description of the video on YouTube points out email dictation and voice-driven text messaging as features that Icelandic speakers can control in their native language. Samsung also plays to the Icelandic cultural identity by referring to the language as "ylhýra," which is a reference to the tendency of some in the nation to call the language "ástkæra ylhýra," or "beloved warmth."

    The commercial is another attempt in a series of Samsung ads that take a stab at Apple. The trend of ads such as this one is likely to continue as both companies continue to compete against one another in several tech markets.

    Source: Samsung (YouTube) via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Continues Ad Campaign against Apple's iPhone in Iceland started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. SawyerBenjamin's Avatar
      SawyerBenjamin -
      I thought the commercial made sense. Lol. Didn't show off what the S4 is capable of, but who cares. Everyone knows its the latest and greatest. Haha.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
      now i'm an android user and owner of a GS4 and not sure what samsung is trying to get with this kind of things, they should leave apple alone.

      i like samsung but this kind of things really annoy me!!
      I agree. Honestly why don't you see any other company bashing other than apple?
    1. SnapIt's Avatar
      SnapIt -
      Quote Originally Posted by damien6 View Post
      waiting for djmexi to reply...
      He's probably off at the Apple store waiting in line for "the next best thing"
    1. Ambi_Valence's Avatar
      Ambi_Valence -
      Quote Originally Posted by SawyerBenjamin View Post
      I thought the commercial made sense. Lol. Didn't show off what the S4 is capable of, but who cares. Everyone knows its the latest and greatest. Haha.
      I think you make no sense. Lol. Didn't show off what the S4 is capable of, but who cares. If everybody knew there'd be no need for an ad. Haha
    1. Dark_Ninja's Avatar
      Dark_Ninja -
      Shnedi, may I ask why u jumped ship? I mean I do the same thing, I go back and forth between android and iOS.
    1. Schnedi's Avatar
      Schnedi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
      Shnedi, may I ask why u jumped ship? I mean I do the same thing, I go back and forth between android and iOS.
      i wanted the freedom android brings. now that i have it, i think i won't back to iOS.

      i'm more than happy with the change

      sometimes i make things for iphone tho.
    1. Dark_Ninja's Avatar
      Dark_Ninja -
      I agree, android is just more Fun. And I see ur still dabbling in iOS stuff lol. U like the S4? I'm thinking of trading my i5 for a white S4.
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
      I agree, android is just more Fun. And I see ur still dabbling in iOS stuff lol. U like the S4? I'm thinking of trading my i5 for a white S4.
      Don't do it. Lol. But yea android does have some nice things to offer from file transferring to downloading outside the market place.
    1. Dark_Ninja's Avatar
      Dark_Ninja -
      Hana don't do it huh? Stay on iOS? I don't like iOS 7 though looks like a group of special Ed children made it lol
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
      Hana don't do it huh? Stay on iOS? I don't like iOS 7 though looks like a group of special Ed children made it lol
      I like iOS but ios7 is nothing but white with black and blue text. I don't understand it. I like the new animations but that's it
    1. Schnedi's Avatar
      Schnedi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
      I agree, android is just more Fun. And I see ur still dabbling in iOS stuff lol. U like the S4? I'm thinking of trading my i5 for a white S4.
      i like a lot, it's just perfect!! as when you buy an iphone for first time, like WOW!!

      the features, the OS, the mods, the roms, etc... there are a lot of options.

      i wish it could be easier to change the theme as with WB tho.

      actually i'm very very very happy with it Lol
    1. yatezy's Avatar
      yatezy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
      i like a lot, it's just perfect!! as when you buy an iphone for first time, like WOW!!

      the features, the OS, the mods, the roms, etc... there are a lot of options.

      i wish it could be easier to change the theme as with WB tho.

      actually i'm very very very happy with it Lol
      If you get on CM or another AOSP based ROM you can just theme it from the play store
    1. SawyerBenjamin's Avatar
      SawyerBenjamin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
      I think you make no sense. Lol. Didn't show off what the S4 is capable of, but who cares. If everybody knew there'd be no need for an ad. Haha
      Oh dont get your feelings all hurt cause someone didn't take Apple's side.
      I made perfect sense. The ad shows that it's just a lot more exciting than a lame old iPhone. So yeah, who cares that it didnt show what it was capable of. It showed that its a fun device.