• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers


    Apple recently released the second beta of iOS 7 for the iPhone to developers. The update arrives two weeks after the new mobile operating system was unveiled at WWDC 2013. Developers who are testing the software can download iOS 7 beta 2 through Software Update in the iPhone’s native Settings application. Apple has said the update contains bug fixes and improvements.

    The Cupertino California company also warned users that the second beta “should only be deployed on devices dedicated for iOS 7 beta software development.” The prelease software isn’t intended for use among the general public.

    Although the Settings icon has changed in iOS 7, the gears included still rotate while iOS 7 beta 2 is downloading.

    For those of you who don’t know, Apple gave developers the first beta of iOS 7 two weeks ago at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference. This was also the first time in the world that the general public was able to see the major design overhaul made to the platform. When it comes to the exact changes made for iOS 7 beta 2, they have not yet been revealed. We’ll find out soon though as more users download and test this beta version.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 159 Comments
    1. Quiet_Guy_'s Avatar
      Quiet_Guy_ -
      I'm sorry to say but iOS 7 beta 2 is so buggy, I try to open apps and keep crashing, I think I'll just go back to iOS 6.1.3
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      It's only beta 2 I'm sure it will have bugs. Sane issues with me. But it's not gonna be perfect it's beta
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      I'll wait until a public release and see what people think of it.

      Then I'll wait until ith be JailBroken - I think I will be waiting a long time before I can upgrade my iPad to iOS7 - but if I buy a new iPhone it is likely to come with it on.
    1. Tucnepo's Avatar
      Tucnepo -
      Quote Originally Posted by rote79 View Post
      Do i have to download iOS 7 beta 2 before doing the restore? If yes, where can i download it? Or do i only have to do the restore, and then click "alt" and search for updates?
      You should find the beta 2 download link
      On the web, and it might be a DGM file so you also need 7zip to open it.back up your iPhone and sync all your apps through iTunes( because you can't restore From the cloud backup, it will ask you to activate which can't be done w/o a dev account). Restore your iPhone to the latest firmware and set up your iPhone as new, and shift + upgrade browse your downloaded beta 2 Ipsw. That should bypass the activation. I hope this help you
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
      I have had beta 1 installed on my iPhone 5 since release, I have experienced a few bugs here and there which is to be expected. Overall though I have enjoyed it and I feel it is very stable for beta 1. However, I installed beta 2 on my iPad mini this morning, and I have had nothing but trouble. The time is off, and if I try to fix it my iPad freezes. Also I can not restart my iPad, the Apple logo shows up and then my screen goes black and stays that way. Anyone else experiencing these issues?


      **EDIT**
      So I DFU restored back to 6.1.3 and then option-updated back to ios 7, which fixed my reboot issue. However, once it rebooted I tried to set my time manually and this brought back the reboot issue. Must be a bug in the settings app that has to do with setting the time.

      **EDIT 2**
      After playing around and many restores later I have concluded that it is def a bug in setting your time manually. If you want to be able to reboot your iPad do NOT manually change your time. It is quite annoying but guess I will deal with my iPad having the wrong time until this is fixed. Sigh.
      I had same issue on ip5...turn 24hr time on then turn off automatically set time zone...crash whole phone!
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
      You should find the beta 2 download link
      On the web, and it might be a DGM file so you also need 7zip to open it.back up your iPhone and sync all your apps through iTunes( because you can't restore From the cloud backup, it will ask you to activate which can't be done w/o a dev account). Restore your iPhone to the latest firmware and set up your iPhone as new, and shift + upgrade browse your downloaded beta 2 Ipsw. That should bypass the activation. I hope this help you
      You can restore from a cloud backup. I did it on both my iPad and iPhone 5 and I don't have a dev account.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      Here is my issue and I maybe considered one of those condescending people but I for one can't stand people who ask the same questions over and over without reading ANYTHING. Take the time to educate your self a little by reading before trying something blindly a simple a quick search on Google can answer 99% of the questions people have in this thread but they are too lazy and want someone else to solve their problems. Betas are for developers for a reason.
      OK, I can definitely see your point there. Everything I know about computers in general I learned by reading and google. I have found that most people that need help are the people who seldom google or YouTube anything. I'm not sure wether it's a lack of interest, time, or both. I'm kind of a knowledge junky, (i.e. geek, nerd, something I'm sure we have no shortage of on this forum) and when I come against a subject I don't understand, I like to read about it. That's not everyone's interest I've found though...
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
      OK, I can definitely see your point there. Everything I know about computers in general I learned by reading and google. I have found that most people that need help are the people who seldom google or YouTube anything. I'm not sure wether it's a lack of interest, time, or both. I'm kind of a knowledge junky, (i.e. geek, nerd, something I'm sure we have no shortage of on this forum) and when I come against a subject I don't understand, I like to read about it. That's not everyone's interest I've found though...
      I am the same way, I have to know first hand how something works. I will spend hours reading up on something, wether its something I am looking to purchase or something I want to try like installing a beta.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      I am the same way, I have to know first hand how something works. I will spend hours reading up on something, wether its something I am looking to purchase or something I want to try like installing a beta.
      +100000000

      Eventually, though, I have to be hands-on and do it!
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      And you get friends or colleagues saying "you're so brainy or clever, how did you learn all these things?" Errrrr read! It's not that hard really.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      And you get friends or colleagues saying "you're so brainy or clever, how did you learn all these things?" Errrrr read! It's not that hard really.
      Ha! I, honestly, think I'm pretty dumb!
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      I'm sure you're all very clever, far cleverer than me. I'm so stupid I only install betas when I have the support of the software writer as I am to stupid to support it myself.
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Ha! I, honestly, think I'm pretty dumb!
      Lol yeah I hear that! But I guess most knowledge comes from reading!
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      Lol yeah I hear that! But I guess most knowledge comes from reading!
      If you instal betas when you shouldn't you obviously don't read enough.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      If you instal betas when you shouldn't you obviously don't read enough.
      Who says that non-devs shouldn't install beta?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Who says that non-devs shouldn't install beta?
      Apple?

      And modmyi always used to agree.

      Kyle, your thoughts?
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      If you instal betas when you shouldn't you obviously don't read enough.
      Oh please!!!! I knew the risk's as I read the whole reddit thread twice before doing it, it's only a phone not like I took financial advice on my house! And Apple says we shouldn't jailbreak too, how much of that warning did you heed?
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      If you instal betas when you shouldn't you obviously don't read enough.
      Wrong! We did read enough and know that if the beta screwed up our iDevice, then we can easily restore to 6.1.3/4 w/out any repercussions.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Apple?

      And modmyi always used to agree.

      Kyle, your thoughts?
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      Oh please!!!! I knew the risk's as I read the whole reddit thread twice before doing it, it's only a phone not like I took financial advice on my house! And Apple says we shouldn't jailbreak too, how much of that warning did you heed?
      Kinda has a point there Confy. If we all did what Apple wanted us to do this site wouldn't exist
      Modmyi's stance on it I believe is go for it if you want, just don't expect support if something goes wrong (although you may still get help from some of the helpful people on here).
      Oh, and linking to a beta firmware is a no no .
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Apple?

      And modmyi always used to agree.

      Kyle, your thoughts?
      Link please.