• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'Vox' Changes the iOS Battery Indicator Experience


    If you pay attention to your iPhone’s battery indicator a lot, then Vox by iOS developer Apextweaks is a new free jailbreak tweak that you should take a look at. The tweak changes the battery indicator experience on iOS. As shown above, the tweak replaces the basic battery indicator with a circular design. The design, as we will show you in just a moment, is much more minimalistic, and some may prefer its sleekness.

    The way Vox works is simple. As your battery drains, the circle will shrink in size. As your battery gets charged back up, the circle will grow in size. As you are using your device and the battery is discharging, you will see a basic circle, but when you're charging, you will see the circle with a lightning bolt on top of it:



    The tweak will look better if you disable the Battery Percentage option in Settings>General>Usage, but this is an optional step. Disabling the battery percentage brings out the tweak’s true minimalistic appearance, which is why we recommend it. You will be able to use Vox’s Notification Center peek feature to see the numeric battery percentage in the center of the circle at any time:



    Taking a look at the graphics below you can see the different stages of the Vox battery indicator while charging, discharging, and while in Notification Center:



    Vox doesn’t come with any options to configure. As soon as you install the tweak, your battery indicator will become a minimalistic work of art. The tweak is an aesthetic tweak in that it doesn’t add much functionality to your device; just different looks. If you want to give the tweak a try, you will find it in Cydia’s BigBoss repository for free!

    Name: Vox
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Apextweaks
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'Vox' Changes the iOS Battery Indicator Experience started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      I use Bolt but will give this a shot.

      I wish it was as big as the alarm clock icon.



      This is much better (using Bolt)

    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I use Bolt but will give this a shot.

      I wish it was as big as the alarm clock icon.



      This is much better (using Bolt)

      What theme are you using? I like it.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      What theme are you using? I like it.
      iOS 7 Redesigned Springboard theme with Roboto Light Font.

    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      iOS 7 Redesigned Springboard theme with Roboto Light Font.

      Can't find it? And do you know if there's one for iPad mini?
    1. *T*'s Avatar
      *T* -
      Redacted.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      Can't find it? And do you know if there's one for iPad mini?
      Type iOS space 7 space r and that's the only one that'll show up. It's in the default big boss repo.

      It's only for retina devices so no for mini.
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Ok thanks. I have ios7 on my i5 but want something similar on my iPad mini
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      Ok thanks. I have ios7 on my i5 but want something similar on my iPad mini
      Cool. I can't loose my jailbreak so the theme would have to do for now. :-)
    1. Jerzdre's Avatar
      Jerzdre -
      what wallpaper is that?
    1. b0st0wn's Avatar
      b0st0wn -
      What are you using on the status bar? Trying to find anything to make it transparent but it's not working. They all look like crap when you go inside of an application.

      Thanks,
      b0st0wn
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jerzdre View Post
      what wallpaper is that?
      Windows 7 Wallpaper



      Quote Originally Posted by b0st0wn View Post
      What are you using on the status bar? Trying to find anything to make it transparent but it's not working. They all look like crap when you go inside of an application.

      Thanks,
      b0st0wn
      Nothing. Just the theme. Status bar looks normal within apps.

    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Cool. I can't loose my jailbreak so the theme would have to do for now. :-)
      Yeah I hear that! I gave it up on my iPhone but no way on my iPad, even when ios7 comes out for it.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      Yeah I hear that! I gave it up on my iPhone but no way on my iPad, even when ios7 comes out for it.
      I actually can't wait to put iOS 7 on my iPad 3 when it comes out. Staying on iOS 6.1.2 until October (due for an upgrade). I'll then sell the iPhone 5 (jailbroken) and buy the 5S.
    1. Reeiiko's Avatar
      Reeiiko -
      Anybody else seen Vox occasionally switch back to the default battery for a few minutes when charging?

      EDIT: You can also use this tweak to fix the Live Battery Indicator bug that keeps it from staying in the far right corner of the status bar. Here's how, for anyone who wants to know:

      1. Download Vox
      2. Open iFunbox
      3. Go to /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/LBI Hollowed battery with percentage.theme
      4. Copy all the images
      5. Go to /Library/Application Support/Vox/Contents/Resources
      6. Delete all the files there (might want to back them all up first)
      7. Paste all the files you copied from the theme.
      8. Uninstall Live Battery Indicator
      9. Respring

      Yes, I know this would be easier theming it with Winterboard instead but I couldn't get it working, so I think you have to do it the hard way.

    1. anime007's Avatar
      anime007 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
      Anybody else seen Vox occasionally switch back to the default battery for a few minutes when charging?

      EDIT: You can also use this tweak to fix the Live Battery Indicator bug that keeps it from staying in the far right corner of the status bar. Here's how, for anyone who wants to know:

      1. Download Vox
      2. Open iFunbox
      3. Go to /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/LBI Hollowed battery with percentage.theme
      4. Copy all the images
      5. Go to /Library/Application Support/Vox/Contents/Resources
      6. Delete all the files there (might want to back them all up first)
      7. Paste all the files you copied from the theme.
      8. Uninstall Live Battery Indicator
      9. Respring

      Yes, I know this would be easier theming it with Winterboard instead but I couldn't get it working, so I think you have to do it the hard way.

      thanks for the suggestion, but doesn't work. at least on 5.0.1