• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Head of Android Development at Google Shows Interest in trying iOS 7


    Apple recently introduced iOS 7, which many claim is the biggest change to iOS since the original iPhone launched back in 2007 The differences found between iOS 7 and previous iterations of the iOS mobile operating system are readily apparent and striking. Much like any other big change, Appleís new flat-themed mobile OS has generated a lot of debate. Some think Apple is headed in the right direction while others think that iOS 7 lacks the unique Apple flair that they were wowed with in previous iterations.

    Interestingly enough, one person who canít wait to try out iOS 7 is the head of the Android development over at Google, Sundar Pichai. Some of you may know that Pichai was chosen to succeed Andy Rubin this past March. He tweeted the following which shows his interest:

    Excited to try out iOS 7 beta, guess I need to register as a developer first
    If you set aside the whole controversy behind the topic, it is somewhat refreshing to hear someone in Pichaiís position expresses what appears to be genuine excitement over a competing companyís product. This may allude to several different things but one thing we definitely do know is that iOS 7 is increasing the competition which means more features for the consumers to look forward to!

    Source: Sundar Pichai (Twitter)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Head of Android Development at Google Shows Interest in trying iOS 7 started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
    1. Reeiiko's Avatar
      Reeiiko -
      He obviously doesn't know he can Shift+update his iPhone in iTunes with the iOS 7 .ipsw
    1. NOYB111's Avatar
      NOYB111 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
      He obviously doesn't know he can Shift+update his iPhone in iTunes with the iOS 7 .ipsw
      Even if you are not a developer? Apple will sign it? Where does one find the iOS7 .ipsw?
    1. Carnage122896's Avatar
      Carnage122896 -
      Just google it, many websites have it already

      Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
      Even if you are not a developer? Apple will sign it? Where does one find the iOS7 .ipsw?
      Just google it, many websites have it, make sure it's not a fake first, I ran into that at first
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
      Even if you are not a developer? Apple will sign it? Where does one find the iOS7 .ipsw?
      I saw a bunch of 'pirate's sailing around w/ it!!! 😉

      It's nice to hear an exec being honest about wanting to try another companies product. We all know it happens so why not admit it!
    1. Spyruf's Avatar
      Spyruf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
      He obviously doesn't know he can Shift+update his iPhone in iTunes with the iOS 7 .ipsw
      haha yeah. I did that but i have some cellular issues with the update? sometimes i'll have 4 bars/dots but then it goes to 1 even though im sitting in the same stop but when i reboot i go back to 4 and then eventually back to 1
    1. atorres062's Avatar
      atorres062 -
      I'm on 6.1 iPhone 5, if I was to update to iOS 7 will I still be able to downgrade back to 6.1??

      Thanks
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
      I'm on 6.1 iPhone 5, if I was to update to iOS 7 will I still be able to downgrade back to 6.1??

      Thanks
      Nope, you'll only be able to go back to 6.1.4
    1. bry2k2's Avatar
      bry2k2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      I saw a bunch of 'pirate's sailing around w/ it!!! 

      It's nice to hear an exec being honest about wanting to try another companies product. We all know it happens so why not admit it!
      Im sure he's looking for tech they stole to make it look and function nearly identical to Android and the plethora of other OS's out there. Let the lawsuit begin.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      Im sure he's looking for tech they stole to make it look and function nearly identical to Android and the plethora of other OS's out there. Let the lawsuit begin.
      Agreed
    1. dave868's Avatar
      dave868 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Nope, you'll only be able to go back to 6.1.4
      Are you sure. I think you are stuck at 7 beta and can only go up. I don't think you can even roll back to 6.1.4
    1. atorres062's Avatar
      atorres062 -
      Dam that SUCKS!!!!
      Thanks anyways
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dave868 View Post
      Are you sure. I think you are stuck at 7 beta and can only go up. I don't think you can even roll back to 6.1.4
      You can go back to 6.1.4. I messed up first time I installed 7 and had to roll back then up to 7 again.
    1. NOYB111's Avatar
      NOYB111 -
      I came, I saw, I googled it as suggested. Well actually right after I made that post. Now on iOS7 on my 4s. Seems pretty nice. Not sure I am a fan of the icons yet but like many of the changes.
    1. atorres062's Avatar
      atorres062 -
      So only back to 6.1.4? & there's no way to modify the host file in 6.1.2 like other past firmwares?
    1. Carnage122896's Avatar
      Carnage122896 -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      You can go back to 6.1.4. I messed up first time I installed 7 and had to roll back then up to 7 again.
      I had to do the same, 3 restores. It sucked. Worth it for iOS 7.. I gave up my jailbreak for this.. So better be worth it!
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
      So only back to 6.1.4? & there's no way to modify the host file in 6.1.2 like other past firmwares?
      Not available in iOS 6
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carnage122896 View Post
      I had to do the same, 3 restores. It sucked. Worth it for iOS 7.. I gave up my jailbreak for this.. So better be worth it!
      I did too and for a beta it works ok & I like it. Signal is a bit mad but ok and no GPS but I like the changes enough to keep my phone. Idk if it's me but it looks better on white phone!!! And I'm leaving my iPad on io6 tho just for moviebox
    1. LatinKreationz's Avatar
      LatinKreationz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
      He obviously doesn't know he can Shift+update his iPhone in iTunes with the iOS 7 .ipsw
      Just clarifying...your UDID doesn't need to be attached to a developer account using shift+update?
    1. se23's Avatar
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by LatinKreationz View Post
      Just clarifying...your UDID doesn't need to be attached to a developer account using shift+update?
      Correct!
    1. LatinKreationz's Avatar
      LatinKreationz -
      Thanks! Didn't know that. :-)