• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • GV Mobile+ Now Available in the AppStore


    GV Mobile, an incredibly popular Google Voice App that we once saw on Cydia, has made it's way back into the AppStore. Yesterday we discussed the return of Google Voice and GV Connect, one of the first GV apps to get approved, however, what I'm sure most of us were waiting for was GV Mobile+, by Sean Kovac.

    GV Mobile, the Cydia version, allowed for SMS support, voicemail, and a few other obvious features. However, now with GV Mobile+ being back in the AppStore, there are a ton of new features added to GV Mobile, including the ability to actually make phonecalls through GV directly on your iDevice.

    The Apps is available for $2.99 for the first week of sales, and there will be one night that Sean offers the App for free. So keep your eyes peeled! Remember, his blog can be found here and you can follow him on twitter, @seankovacs.

    After a long year and a half of being home sick, GV Mobile (+) makes an epic return to the App Store. The app is still propagating to all the servers, so it may take a bit before it shows up. Here is the direct link: GV Mobile +. I’ll be blowing away some promo codes via Twitter (@seankovacs) once I get them AND if #gvmobile trends on Twitter, I’ll set that bad boy to free for the night.
    Download GV Mobile+ today.

    UPDATE:
    Question: I bought this on Cydia, why am I having to buy it AGAIN!?!! >??
    You don’t. Next Saturday night, it will go FREE for the night for all my Cydia folks.

    GV Mobile+ allows users of Google Voice to do the following with ease:
    +dial numbers via the iPhone address book, entering on the keypad, or choosing from the internal favorites
    +send, retrieve, and delete SMS messages
    +retrieve and delete recent call history
    +playback and delete voicemails
    +take calls from different phones other than your iPhone
    +enable, disable, add, or delete the phones that Google Voice forwards calls to
    This article was originally published in forum thread: GV Mobile+ Now Available in the AppStore started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 71 Comments
    1. DoYouLikeLuxury?'s Avatar
      DoYouLikeLuxury? -
      Ok i see it now, redeem codes are gone though.
    1. CaptBojank's Avatar
      CaptBojank -
      I went ahead and bought it. Unfortunately it cashes on startup for me (3.1.3). His Twitter page mentions there are problems.
    1. San23's Avatar
      San23 -
      For those of you ******** and complaining about "piirated" apps don't act like you've never downloaded a cracked app before, if your in this forum most likely your iPhone/iPod is jailbroken so go cry to mama. Sure if I was a dev. And my apps were being jacked I'd be pretty pist but dude it's the way of life. Learn it live it love it
    1. DoYouLikeLuxury?'s Avatar
      DoYouLikeLuxury? -
      Now we got to wait for the update to get approved for more promo codes? Doesn't that take a week or so?
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Quote Originally Posted by San23 View Post
      For those of you ******** and complaining about "piirated" apps don't act like you've never downloaded a cracked app before, if your in this forum most likely your iPhone/iPod is jailbroken so go cry to mama. Sure if I was a dev. And my apps were being jacked I'd be pretty pist but dude it's the way of life. Learn it live it love it
      A way of life?!? Well perhaps for some but not all. JB is not stealing... Get your facts streight. Pirating software is no different than going to a store and stealing software off the shelf. If this is your thinking than so be it. Just hope your not teaching your kids (if you have some) that stealing is acceptable. Lastly to tell people to get over it and move on not expecting to get bashed is also very selfish. Those of us that work our *****'s off end up paying taxes to feed and house people with thinking like you in prison. So....with that said it is our right to speak back at this type of behavior. One more thing, go steal a dictionary and learn how to spell.
      --MODERATORS you issue infractions for thoes that bash Messany's news post but don't ban pirating? Now that you have your app on Apple you would think this would be something you'd pay close attention to. It's people like this that give JB and Unlocking a bad image to corporations. Ban his IP. (of course he could be stealing someones WIFI....after all "it is a way of life"

      Updated---Good at least the first post with the ref to the pirate location is removed.
    1. Hellboy's Avatar
      Hellboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
      A way of life?!? Well perhaps for some but not all. JB is not stealing... Get your facts streight. Pirating software is no different than going to a store and stealing software off the shelf. If this is your thinking than so be it. Just hope your not teaching your kids (if you have some) that stealing is acceptable. Lastly to tell people to get over it and move on not expecting to get bashed is also very selfish. Those of us that work our *****'s off end up paying taxes to feed and house people with thinking like you in prison. So....with that said it is our right to speak back at this type of behavior. One more thing, go steal a dictionary and learn how to spell.
      --MODERATORS you issue infractions for thoes that bash Messany's news post but don't ban pirating? Now that you have your app on Apple you would think this would be something you'd pay close attention to. It's people like this that give JB and Unlocking a bad image to corporations. Ban his IP. (of course he could be stealing someones WIFI....after all "it is a way of life"

      Updated---Good at least the first post with the ref to the pirate location is removed.
      This world doesn't work with good guys or bad guys only we are who we are...
    1. San23's Avatar
      San23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
      A way of life?!? Well perhaps for some but not all. JB is not stealing... Get your facts streight. Pirating software is no different than going to a store and stealing software off the shelf. If this is your thinking than so be it. Just hope your not teaching your kids (if you have some) that stealing is acceptable. Lastly to tell people to get over it and move on not expecting to get bashed is also very selfish. Those of us that work our *****'s off end up paying taxes to feed and house people with thinking like you in prison. So....with that said it is our right to speak back at this type of behavior. One more thing, go steal a dictionary and learn how to spell.
      --MODERATORS you issue infractions for thoes that bash Messany's news post but don't ban pirating? Now that you have your app on Apple you would think this would be something you'd pay close attention to. It's people like this that give JB and Unlocking a bad image to corporations. Ban his IP. (of course he could be stealing someones WIFI....after all "it is a way of life"

      Updated---Good at least the first post with the ref to the pirate location is removed.
      Hahaha woow ok duche stop crying like a ***** lol stealing or not ******* you can't do anything about it so stfu troll it's not like your gonna put everyone in "prison" I mean ones who "steal" apps look at it as borrowing we download it and when were done we delete it
      One more thing when developer create and app I'm sure they have in mind that at somepoint someone is gonna go and crack it and people are gonna download it for free it's obvious so if you don't want your **** cracked keep it for your self Oh and sorry for my spelling my iPhone 4 has a lil problem when it comes to that
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Quote Originally Posted by San23 View Post
      Hahaha woow ok duche stop crying like a ***** lol stealing or not ******* you can't do anything about it so stfu troll it's not like your gonna put everyone in "prison" I mean ones who "steal" apps look at it as borrowing we download it and when were done we delete it
      One more thing when developer create and app I'm sure they have in mind that at somepoint someone is gonna go and crack it and people are gonna download it for free it's obvious so if you don't want your **** cracked keep it for your self Oh and sorry for my spelling my iPhone 4 has a lil problem when it comes to that
      "duche? Crying? Really? Boy you Internet tough guys are living the dream huh. PM me and I'll give you my # so you can talk to me like an adult. Duche?!? Hmmm what a childish punk...well at least you can be a big boy in the virtual world cuz I'll bet my life you wouldnt talk like that to me face to face...meh...
    1. San23's Avatar
      San23 -
      Well My friend arent you smart?! Lol and haha dam speaking about my spelling? Go back to 5th grade and haha now you wanna talk over the phone dude how *** can you be cmon this is a iPhone forum not a *** guy meet *** guys forum but keep looking oh by the way to you are proving how childish you are by buying in to **** people post in forums you sir sound like a 15 year old girl that just hit her period and ran out of tampons
    1. Eyevanovich's Avatar
      Eyevanovich -
      Flamefest 2010.
    1. Gyngabread Man's Avatar
      Gyngabread Man -
      Oooh haven't seen one of these in a while these are always fun to watch


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. Nick Hesson's Avatar
      Nick Hesson -
      Guys come on! This thread is about GV Mobile. Let the mods take care if any unacceptable behavior. Stay on topic.
    1. Jeremyca's Avatar
      Jeremyca -
      This is priceless keep going I've got nothing better to do. Oh and Kuhn dude use spell check before you go off at someone else about their spelling!
    1. 1shuttle1's Avatar
      1shuttle1 -
      I am always blown away when people start defending what is right and what is wrong. Is ********** right or wrong. Is MiWi right or wrong(AT$T ain't giving away tethering). Don't justify it buy saying you already have a data plan. Does this site really care one way or the other or our they just afraid of being put on Apples long list of people they are suing this month. I mean this site is paying someones bills. Who cares. I really would like to meet the person who has taken the time to mod their iphone but hasn't tried to put something on it that they didn't pay for or downloaded from a torrent site or downloaded from a site like Napster before it became legit.

      Whether or not you have or haven't again who cares. I do have to agree with one thing kuhndsn had to say is how tough we are when we are not face to face. Whether it be behind a keyboard, on the other end of a phone call or behind the wheel of a car with the windows rolled up(middle finger raised), we sure are tough.

      I guess it is entertaining. I mean this is a moding site and while we are between jailbreaks something has to keep us occupied.
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      And this is exactly what is wrong with the majority of forums. Little children who gain access to a computer for the day.
    1. x| LiB |x's Avatar
      x| LiB |x -
      And in other news Sean updated his blog........ Does a Mod or nick want to update the first post?

      Question: I bought this on Cydia, why am I having to buy it AGAIN!?!! >?? You donít. Next Saturday night, it will go FREE for the night for all my Cydia folks.
    1. yomamashump's Avatar
      yomamashump -
      Quote Originally Posted by San23 View Post
      For those of you ******** and complaining about "piirated" apps don't act like you've never downloaded a cracked app before, if your in this forum most likely your iPhone/iPod is jailbroken so go cry to mama. Sure if I was a dev. And my apps were being jacked I'd be pretty pist but dude it's the way of life. Learn it live it love it
      My phone is JB'ed but I've never downloaded a cracked app. Why do some people think Jailbreaking and Piracy go hand in hand? These must be the same people that think all Muslims are terrorists.
    1. brbortscheller's Avatar
      brbortscheller -
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
      I went ahead and bought it. Unfortunately it cashes on startup for me (3.1.3). His Twitter page mentions there are problems.
      Maybe you should update to 4.0. There's a jailbreak for it you know.
    1. moon#pie's Avatar
      moon#pie -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      I am not saying that. I dont know the guy. What makes you say that?
      because I'm a poor college kid

      Because while on cydia his app would always freak out on me, and then he said it would be free the first day, and now he's trying to get it to trend on twitter for publicity before he makes it free.

      I guess I'll just check every day this week to snag it for free....
    1. CaptBojank's Avatar
      CaptBojank -
      Quote Originally Posted by brbortscheller View Post
      Maybe you should update to 4.0. There's a jailbreak for it you know.
      I've ran 4.0.x off and on since it came out (running a 3G) and I keep going back to 3.1.3 because of the performance. I tried 4.0.1 the last time for about a month with all the speed tweaks (disabling spotlight, deleting extra languages, etc.) and it still ran like garbage.

      I'm holding out for a 4.1 JB, then I'll try again.