Verizon recently launched a new iPhone application for its subscribers that provides access to the carrier’s cloud-based syncing and backup service. The official Verizon Cloud application is now available as a free download from the App Store. It requires iOS 5.0 or later and is optimized for the 4-inch display on the iPhone 5.
Customers can sign up for the Verizon Cloud service, which made its debut last month, by visiting the carrier’s website. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the pricing, the entry-level 500 MB plan is free, while 25 GB is available for $2.99 per month, 75 GB for $5.99 per month, and 125 GB for $9.99 per month.
According to Verizon, the recently released iOS application includes the following features:
- Keep your phone's content safe and secure in your own private cloud storage
- Access your content when you need it, even on the go, on any compatible device, your computer or the web
- Sync photos and videos from Verizon Cloud to your device, and then share that synched content with your friends and family
- tream music and access documents stored in Verizon Cloud on your phone
- Backup content from your computer's hard drive to your Verizon Cloud using the downloadable computer app. You can then access that content on your mobile devices.
Do any of you Verizon customers plan on taking advantage of the app and what it has to offer?