• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update!


    Paul put out a warning today that was advised from the Dev Team, to steer clear of the iOS 4.1 release, which is now currently being pushed live from Apple. That's right, it is now LIVE, and you are strongly advised NOT to update.

    Again, this is NOT a big update, however Game Center is an new feature we are all looking forward to it, at least for those with supporting devices, and of course included in the update is the long overdue proximity sensor fix. All in all, it's not quite worth it to lose all the fancy goodies we currently get with out 4.0 jailbreak/unlock.

    So, If your Jailbroken and require an unlock, again, Please stay away from this. But if you have no desire for either, feel free to update and post your comments below. Good Luck

    If you haven't already, backup your SHSH Blobs before it's too late.


    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update! started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 207 Comments
    1. DevouredDreams's Avatar
      DevouredDreams -
      downloaded only.. im not losing my jailbreak ill wait to see what the dev team does in the future.. not like i really care about the proximity sensor due to all i get is texts and emails
    1. Robcoffee's Avatar
      Robcoffee -
      DFU Restoring my iPhone 4 now, been running 4.1 GM for a week as it came with 4.0.2 and nothing I tried (believe me, I tried everything including splicing firmwares) let me downgrade - so sitting it out for the jailbreak - don't need an unlock.

      Weird, DFU restore gave 1004 error and left me at recovery connect to iTunes logo - Tinyumbrella kicked it out and restoring settings now so no bother - most likely a baseband issue from all the restores I did before finally using the 4.1GM
    1. EddieLeonard's Avatar
      EddieLeonard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
      Updated and snagged my Game Center name. Have fun waiting for a week and then get stuck adding numbers to your favorite onlinde nickname.

      (HDR Photos are nice too)
      whats your game center name? mine is Eddie2010

      here is a sample of HDR photos on the iphone 4 (although it was taken with ProHDR and i totally recommend any iphone 4 user to buy this app NOW!)

      http://a.yfrog.com/img294/1448/ae5a.jpg (i know a bit blurry but i was putting my arms either side of a windows to take the shot :P then i realised i could put my hand out of the top windows and save me stretching :P)
    1. DaveLaSoul's Avatar
      DaveLaSoul -
      Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
      It's probably wise for iPhone 4, iOS 4.02 users to also avoid this upgrade. If you bought your iPhone 4 too late (or Apple sold you defective hardware and you had to swap it out after the 4.01 signing window. Grrrr....) then right now, anyway you look at it you're stuck in jail. Upgrading to 4.1 might seem like no biggie, but 4.1 means you'll lose the future ability to unlock, unless there's a carrier unlock developed at some point for the new baseband. Even if you're happy with AT&T, what if you have to travel overseas at some point? Are you really prepared to pay the outrageous fees AT&T charge, when you could instead just pop in a local SIM card? If there is ever a JB for 4.1, and if that same JB works for 4.02, iPhone 4 owners on 4.02 might be better off NOT upgrading.
      Supposedly if you update to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella's TSS server running, you can upgrade while preserving the baseband on iPhone 4.
    1. EddieLeonard's Avatar
      EddieLeonard -
      Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
      It's probably wise for iPhone 4, iOS 4.02 users to also avoid this upgrade. If you bought your iPhone 4 too late (or Apple sold you defective hardware and you had to swap it out after the 4.01 signing window. Grrrr....) then right now, anyway you look at it you're stuck in jail. Upgrading to 4.1 might seem like no biggie, but 4.1 means you'll lose the future ability to unlock, unless there's a carrier unlock developed at some point for the new baseband. Even if you're happy with AT&T, what if you have to travel overseas at some point? Are you really prepared to pay the outrageous fees AT&T charge, when you could instead just pop in a local SIM card? If there is ever a JB for 4.1, and if that same JB works for 4.02, iPhone 4 owners on 4.02 might be better off NOT upgrading.
      there is a source on cydia that has a game center download for lower than 4.1, i cant remember the source tho
    1. area51crypto's Avatar
      area51crypto -
      Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
      ok im looking on apple website and its saying coming soon. i take it US got it early.
      and surely people with iphone4 on 4.0.2 might aswell update, as 4.1 will b jailbroken before 4.0.2 (which will be never), you should include that in the post so as not to confuse people who can take advantage of the update without comprimising the possibility of jailbreaking (soon)
      Its not in central US yet.
    1. mvppadilla's Avatar
      mvppadilla -
      Pod2g has found a new exploit!
    1. MindGem's Avatar
      MindGem -
      Can I update my iPod touch mc model!?


      Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    1. EddieLeonard's Avatar
      EddieLeonard -
      who is pod2g??
    1. romeoz's Avatar
      romeoz -
      Can we get gamecenter working without updating. I know woowiz repo has it but it's not doing anything but let u add friends
    1. mvppadilla's Avatar
      mvppadilla -
      Pod2g is on twitter. Musclenerd and chpwn congratulated him for the new exploit, which he just announced a few minutes ago on twitter
    1. back9player's Avatar
      back9player -
      not a big update? i want my hdr....
    1. jeproks's Avatar
      jeproks -
      Quote Originally Posted by DaveLaSoul View Post
      Supposedly if you update to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella's TSS server running, you can upgrade while preserving the baseband on iPhone 4.
      I just tried updating my iphone4 from 4.0.2 to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella TSS server running and my baseband was upgraded to 02.10.04

      Restored it back to 4.0.2 and baseband is back to 01.59.00
    1. Retell's Avatar
      Retell -
      Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
      whats your game center name? mine is Eddie2010

      here is a sample of HDR photos on the iphone 4 (although it was taken with ProHDR and i totally recommend any iphone 4 user to buy this app NOW!)

      http://a.yfrog.com/img294/1448/ae5a.jpg (i know a bit blurry but i was putting my arms either side of a windows to take the shot :P then i realised i could put my hand out of the top windows and save me stretching :P)
      You should disclaim that the native HDR camera produces images no where close to what ProHDR can take.
    1. kayvong8's Avatar
      kayvong8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
      Can someone answer me this... What the hell is the "Bluetooth issues?" AND
      Can't one of you brilliant SOBs just create a proximity fix we can buy from cydia? That's all I care about.

      Common, u devs could cure cancer... Cure the crappy proximity!
      For real, answer me.

    1. mastaryan's Avatar
      mastaryan -
      If the software update fixes the bluetooth and proximity sensor is it something that can adjust if we SSH into our phone?
    1. iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
      iNT3Rv3NTiONZz -
      im updating right now, cant wait to see these HDR photos
    1. tjb5099's Avatar
      tjb5099 -
      Seeing as my iphone4 came with 4.0.2 I might as well update right?
    1. Bxmakaveli51's Avatar
      Bxmakaveli51 -
      Is this warning for those who already have the iPhone jailbroken or for everyone for example I'm on 4.0.2 and I'm stuck with no jailbreak can I update to 4.1 since there's rumors the Dev Team is working on a jailbreak?
    1. elnekis's Avatar
      elnekis -
      I will definitely wait for the jailbreak and bluetooth tethering!