• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Wired Chief Leaks T-Mobile iPhone Rumor



    Chris Anderson, the editor in chief or Wired has sparked a flurry of articles and blogs about the prospect of T-Mobile carrying the iPhone in the very near future. While we've heard these rumors (and others) for what now seems like an eternity, the Wired boss-man says he was told that T-Mobile will get the iPhone 3GS later this year. That's right... the iPhone 3GS. Not the iPhone 4.

    "A T-Mobile manager casually mentioned to me that they're going to get the iPhone 3GS (but not 4, oddly) later this year," Anderson posted on Twitter. As rumor-killers are quick to point out, however, it should be noted that Anderson shared this "insider information" on a social networking site... not inside Wired magazine. Still, many industry analysts believe that, from Apple's perspective, a deal with T-Mobile is far more likely in the near future than one with Verizon.

    Ironically, as we reported last week, Germany's Deutsche Telekom (which just so happens to own T-Mobile U.S.) is on the cusp of losing iPhone exclusivity in Germany ahead of the holiday shopping season. This eventuality would bring the grand total of providers that cover the popular smartphone in Germany to three.

    Twitter
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Wired Chief Leaks T-Mobile iPhone Rumor started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 36 Comments
    1. azxken's Avatar
      azxken -
      Here goes another rumor...
    1. gbarielmoreno's Avatar
      gbarielmoreno -
      Does this guy post anything other than rumors ?
    1. risingkazuya05's Avatar
      risingkazuya05 -
      Lies,... LiEs..., LIES!!!
      Until I see a TV commercial from Tmobile or on display at their stores then I ain't buying it!!!
    1. back9player's Avatar
      back9player -
      Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post
      Does this guy post anything other than rumors ?
      i don't think so....
    1. *69*'s Avatar
      *69* -
      Here we go again.....
    1. knman00's Avatar
      knman00 -
      i spoke to a tmobile rep and she told me that Tmobile will not be getting the iphone and in fact verizon "GOT IT"..... and anyway who wants to buy an 3gs now anyway?
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
      i don't think so....
      lol
    1. RyoRuns's Avatar
      RyoRuns -
      Wait.. The iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4 are all already on T-Mobile. =P
    1. sucram6791's Avatar
      sucram6791 -
      of course another rumor is posted, what else would they post?
    1. j_rahman07's Avatar
      j_rahman07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by knman00 View Post
      i spoke to a tmobile rep and she told me that Tmobile will not be getting the iphone and in fact verizon "GOT IT"..... and anyway who wants to buy an 3gs now anyway?
      Those reps don't know ****.
    1. nextgenius's Avatar
      nextgenius -
      Highly doubt it. Using a 3G phone on Edge doesnt motivate me to get it.
    1. zozodouce's Avatar
      zozodouce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post



      Chris Anderson, the editor in chief or Wired has sparked a flurry of articles and blogs about the prospect of T-Mobile carrying the iPhone in the very near future. While we've heard these rumors (and others) for what now seems like an eternity, the Wired boss-man says he was told that T-Mobile will get the iPhone 3GS later this year. That's right... the iPhone 3GS. Not the iPhone 4.

      "A T-Mobile manager casually mentioned to me that they're going to get the iPhone 3GS (but not 4, oddly) later this year," Anderson posted on Twitter. As rumor-killers are quick to point out, however, it should be noted that Anderson shared this "insider information" on a social networking site... not inside Wired magazine. Still, many industry analysts believe that, from Apple's perspective, a deal with T-Mobile is far more likely in the near future than one with Verizon.

      Ironically, as we reported last week, Germany's Deutsche Telekom (which just so happens to own T-Mobile U.S.) is on the cusp of losing iPhone exclusivity in Germany ahead of the holiday shopping season. This eventuality would bring the grand total of providers that cover the popular smartphone in Germany to three.

      Twitter
      man you need to stop, you are killing us hahahahaha.
    1. zoso10's Avatar
      zoso10 -
      There's been rumors of this and that for years now, when are any of these rumors going to be proven or disproven?
    1. julioa350's Avatar
      julioa350 -
      Well T-Mobile is already distributing iPhones here in the UK so I don't see why this shouldn't happen in the US.
    1. kayvong8's Avatar
      kayvong8 -
      Tmobile supervisor in technical support 3rd tier said their techs have recieved their iPhone 3GS trouble shoot manuals and are scheduled for national conference late fall for support... I dunnnnnoooo
    1. MindGem's Avatar
      MindGem -
      We want facts not rumors!


      Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    1. hollow0's Avatar
      hollow0 -
      That guy probably said that just to gain publicity. T-mobile is not getting anything anything at the end of the year. The 3GS is still incompatible with t-mobile's 3g and they def won't them a special model. Not for such a small network. Next false rumor please....
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      If true, this could be awesome news for iPhones fans, 3g speed with T-Mo is a win win, besides the dollar savings.
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Quote Originally Posted by julioa350 View Post
      Well T-Mobile is already distributing iPhones here in the UK so I don't see why this shouldn't happen in the US.
      The biggest reason is hardware differences.
    1. smoothcreak's Avatar
      smoothcreak -
      Quote Originally Posted by julioa350 View Post
      Well T-Mobile is already distributing iPhones here in the UK so I don't see why this shouldn't happen in the US.
      They use a different GSM network than here in the US.
      Messany please stop with the rumor crap.
      And why a 3GS no reason for selling an old model. Yes it will still sell but Apple won't offer an old device to a new user group.