• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • New iOS 7 Concept Shows Off a Cool New Lock Screen Format


    With iOS 7 around the corner, many are anticipating the changes that could arise from Apple’s Jonathan Ive overseeing iOS instead of the previous Scott Forstall. This new iOS 7 concept by a third-party designer attempts to re-create the lock screen experience in iOS. Check it out!



    For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

    YouTube Link

    This concept makes the lock screen much more usable by adding functionality to the lock screen that well outdoes what we have available to us in iOS 6.

    For one, the appearance of notifications on the lock screen are completely different from what we have now, and it comes with a quick reply feature right from the lock screen so that we don’t have to unlock our iOS device and open the corresponding application to respond to the notification.

    Another big detail of this concept is the lock screen clock, which instead of Apple’s usual straight glossy glass, is now a matte disk that the user can pull down on to reveal widgets that look similar to those in the Google Search application's Google Now. The widgets include those for Calendar, Maps, and Weather upon others. The widgets are easily dismissed by swiping on them.

    The lock screen’s slide to unlock bar is also a lot more simplistic in this concept. This concept does away with the slider knob and the glossy glass slide to unlock interface to make a flat slide to unlock strip that the user can swipe on instead.

    I’m not sure about the likelihood of all these features coming to pass, but they sure do look cool!

    Sources: YouTube via Cult of Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New iOS 7 Concept Shows Off a Cool New Lock Screen Format started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
    1. Colin9001's Avatar
      Colin9001 -
      The thing some people don't understand is that you should still have to use your phone rather than doing everything from a lockscreen or app switcher/notification center. Some tweaks just ruin the purpose of having a settings app or whatever
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      All these iOS 7 concepts are just going make us feel let down by Appl£, when they release it and it doesn't have anything these concepts have
    1. tunechi's Avatar
      tunechi -
      Looks nice
    1. andygev35's Avatar
      andygev35 -
      I wouldn't mind widgets, quick reply, etc. on the lock screen, but I agree that the lock screen shouldn't be the primary interface for any device.
    1. b1997469's Avatar
      b1997469 -
      WHY are these even news? Its NOT going to look like that so who are you trying to hype up and inform?

      look good or not its fake and just a drawing and not really what I would call news.
    1. tdawg3000's Avatar
      tdawg3000 -
      Looks pretty cool, and I dont mind the design of the phone either!
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      The arrow on the pull down below the clock doesn't switch back to a down arrow after it is slid back up
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      These are News because we KNOW that iOS7 will be different from all other previous releases..Apple has had the same GUI since 2007. Time for a change. I welcome it and can't wait for it to arrive.
    1. dsupermanp's Avatar
      dsupermanp -
      Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
      I wouldn't mind widgets, quick reply, etc. on the lock screen, but I agree that the lock screen shouldn't be the primary interface for any device.
      I think the real issue here isn't the lockscreen. It's Apple deciding for it's users what kind of functionality a lockscreen should have. Give the user the option to have an interactive lockscreen or not. Limiting their clients to one style of lockscreen with little to no functionality/information is a very bad move on their part. Hopefully they decide to final "unlock" (for lack of a better word) the iPhone.
    1. buggsy2's Avatar
      buggsy2 -
      What's the deal with all these concepts!? These are just bored graphic artists looking for free publicity.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsupermanp View Post
      I think the real issue here isn't the lockscreen. It's Apple deciding for it's users what kind of functionality a lockscreen should have. Give the user the option to have an interactive lockscreen or not. Limiting their clients to one style of lockscreen with little to no functionality/information is a very bad move on their part. Hopefully they decide to final "unlock" (for lack of a better word) the iPhone.
      Sort of defeats the purpose of a lock screen if you can make calls, reply to text, view the entire calendar, etc. People make a big deal that there are a few bugs that allow you to some what bypass the lock screen but why even have one if you are just going to display all of the info there? I don't want them to "unlock" the OS, that's why it is so stable and very few issues.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      Sort of defeats the purpose of a lock screen if you can make calls, reply to text, view the entire calendar, etc. People make a big deal that there are a few bugs that allow you to some what bypass the lock screen but why even have one if you are just going to display all of the info there? I don't want them to "unlock" the OS, that's why it is so stable and very few issues.
      I agree with every aspect of what you say but the texts. Why spend the like forever lag of unlock to text someone back. Quick reply should've been added back in iOS 4 but it wasn't. A lock screen is for protection but it needs to be cleaner and work better than it does. It's just a waste of time. They either need to add more functionality or allow users to turn it off.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      I agree with every aspect of what you say but the texts. Why spend the like forever lag of unlock to text someone back. Quick reply should've been added back in iOS 4 but it wasn't. A lock screen is for protection but it needs to be cleaner and work better than it does. It's just a waste of time. They either need to add more functionality or allow users to turn it off.
      I like quick reply for text too but was just making a point. Personally I use lock info and keep the lock screen set to notifications only with the clock hidden and bulletin to give me access to widgets. 90% of the time I am on my home wifi so I use android lock to skip the lock when I am there which works just fine.
    1. Eonhpi's Avatar
      Eonhpi -
      If u want quick reply get bitesms concepts are lame and will never happen
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      Sort of defeats the purpose of a lock screen if you can make calls, reply to text, view the entire calendar, etc. People make a big deal that there are a few bugs that allow you to some what bypass the lock screen but why even have one if you are just going to display all of the info there? I don't want them to "unlock" the OS, that's why it is so stable and very few issues.
      +1 keep the lock screen basic with only a few features that don't compromise your information, quick reply but not access to all conversations, select a song/playlist etc.
    1. buggsy2's Avatar
      buggsy2 -
      These concepts--and Apple--are missing the point when it comes to the lockscreen. My most useful app in my jailbroken iPhone is CleverPin which automatically disables the lockscreen password when you're using a trusted Wi-Fi network. This alone makes the lockscreen easy to use and no need for these gimmicks at home or work. Elsewhere, I want the thing locked!
    1. iH85CH001's Avatar
      iH85CH001 -
      No. Just no.
    1. Spyruf's Avatar
      Spyruf -
      This looks very similar to cards in Google Now.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      what it looks like and the concept itself are irrelevant
    1. Rickyfl84's Avatar
      Rickyfl84 -
      That looks like a goggle now port for the lock screen....except for the messaging widget thing that was cool.