• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'Message Send Percent' Displays a Percentage Indicator for Sending Messages


    Those of you looking to add a percentage indicator to the Messages application that indicate the send status of your outgoing messages will want to check out a new free jailbreak tweak in Cydia’s ModMyi repository called Message Send Percent by iOS developer greensnow.

    Message Send Percent, as shown above, adds a percentage indicator to the label above the send bar the shows the current progress. The actual percentage appears next to the label that says, “Sending…”

    As the message sends, the percentage dynamically updates as expected. When the message is sent, you will see a quick flash of the 100% indicator and then the sending indicator disappears from view like normal.

    Message Send Percent isn’t exactly a necessary tweak, since the indicator bar shows the progress graphically, rather than numerically; however, if you like seeing the numeric percents as well, you can use this jailbreak tweak to enable it once and for all.

    Also, while you're at it, check out AppCent for enabling the download percentage indicator for downloading applications via the App Store.

    Name: Message Send Percent
    Price: FREE
    Version: 2.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: greensnow
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'Message Send Percent' Displays a Percentage Indicator for Sending Messages started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
    1. ABOSWORTH's Avatar
      ABOSWORTH -
      This is a cool tweak.
    1. patoons's Avatar
      patoons -
      doesn't work for bitesms tho. boo
    1. plumoso's Avatar
      plumoso -
      I try it with bite SMS no good
    1. danman2_2999's Avatar
      danman2_2999 -
      Hopefully an update will get it to work on BiteSMS.
    1. Jdot1224's Avatar
      Jdot1224 -
      Why though?
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
      Why though?
      Why does a dog lick his balls?

      Because he can.
    1. Carnage122896's Avatar
      Carnage122896 -
      Doesn't work with biteSMS
    1. 9aj9's Avatar
      9aj9 -
      BiteSMS is my main reason to jb my ip5. does android have anything like BiteSMS? (just curious)
    1. born2bwilder's Avatar
      born2bwilder -
      ? To send messages its more like a "bit" thing for me. Either its sent or its not. It doesnt matter if it reaches 99% if the last percent fails.
      Strange tweek imo.
    1. raptorjr's Avatar
      raptorjr -
      Is there a tweak like this for sending email? There it would be useful when sending a big email with a picture or something.
    1. Wargasmtornado's Avatar
      Wargasmtornado -
      Quote Originally Posted by 9aj9 View Post
      BiteSMS is my main reason to jb my ip5. does android have anything like BiteSMS? (just curious)
      Chompms for Android-i added it onto my HTC One which i got a week ago,AND,i didnt have to fart arse around with jailbreaking-such a fresh new feeling
    1. Nikhil Gorwani's Avatar
      Nikhil Gorwani -
      lol
    1. Fafner1976's Avatar
      Fafner1976 -
      Quote Originally Posted by 9aj9 View Post
      BiteSMS is my main reason to jb my ip5. does android have anything like BiteSMS? (just curious)

      ChompSMS. It's coded by the BiteSMS team. Maybe not looking as polished as BiteSMS (but that's tied to how Android looks as well), but similar in functionality.
    1. ABOSWORTH's Avatar
      ABOSWORTH -
      Quote Originally Posted by born2bwilder View Post
      ? To send messages its more like a "bit" thing for me. Either its sent or its not. It doesnt matter if it reaches 99% if the last percent fails.
      Strange tweek imo.
      It's not a necessity but neither are half of the tweaks we have. I downloaded it because I just thought it was a cool little add on.
    1. sepelcure's Avatar
      sepelcure -
      Is there a tweak to cancel the sending of a text? Hate when I hit send and see I responded to the wrong person. I know, "don't do that stupid" but it happens :-)
    1. 9aj9's Avatar
      9aj9 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      It's not a necessity but neither are half of the tweaks we have. I downloaded it because I just thought it was a cool little add on.
      thanks!
    1. edwilk55's Avatar
      edwilk55 -
      Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
      doesn't work for bitesms tho. boo
      Saw that this morning too....BOOOOO!

      I'm not sure I follow why anyone dev's a jailbreak tweak that doesn't work with BiteSMS, etc. Who the hell uses the stock msg.app after they jailbreak???

      Like that super cool "add last pic" tweak that NO ONE can use.
    1. patoons's Avatar
      patoons -
      Quote Originally Posted by sepelcure View Post
      Is there a tweak to cancel the sending of a text? Hate when I hit send and see I responded to the wrong person. I know, "don't do that stupid" but it happens :-)
      yes. bitesms has a delay sending feature. enable a 2-3 second delay in which you can cancel before its sent
    1. ABOSWORTH's Avatar
      ABOSWORTH -
      Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
      Saw that this morning too....BOOOOO!

      I'm not sure I follow why anyone dev's a jailbreak tweak that doesn't work with BiteSMS, etc. Who the hell uses the stock msg.app after they jailbreak???

      Like that super cool "add last pic" tweak that NO ONE can use.
      I still use the stock message app. I don't have any need for bite sms.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I still use the stock message app. I don't have any need for bite sms.
      Same here. Stock Messages app does what I need it for. It sends texts.