ProTube Extension for YouTube, a popular add-on for the YouTube application by Google that includes features for Power Users by iOS developer Jonas Gessner, has received an update to version 2.1. The update adds some exciting new features including:
- Download acceleration that can increase download speeds by up to 4x
- An improved playback scrubber that allows for fine scrub adjustments
- Support for lock screen and App Switcher music controls
- Improved tap and hold to download videos
- Several bug fixes and improvements
ProTube Extension for YouTube was updated to version 2.0 not even two weeks ago with some additional cool features including background playback, Bridge integration, Video restriction bypassing, and more.
Existing users of ProTube Extension for YouTube will find the update in Cydia for free. If you don’t own ProTube Extension for YouTube yet and are excited to get your hands on it for the first time, you can grab it from Cydia’s BigBoss repository for only $1.99. The tweak is compatible with both iOS 5 and iOS 6.