ProTube Extension for YouTube by iOS developer Jonas Gessner is about to receive an update to version 2.0, which adds support for the latest YouTube application update and adds several new features as well as bug fixes and stability improvements. Version 2.0 is a partial re-write of the entire jailbreak tweak, and has been submitted to Cydia's BigBoss repository.
Version 2.0 of ProTube Extension for YouTube not only adds support for the latest YouTube application update, but also brings a better interface, the ability to pause downloads, the ability to organize downloaded videos into folders, adds a built-in music player, and includes better file management.
One of the major new features of ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 is the Bridge integration. Users will no longer need to exit the YouTube application to import media to the media library, which is a nice polished touch. Bridge is still a separate purchase in Cydia from ProTube Extension for YouTube.
Additional new features users will find in ProTube Extension for YouTube 2.0 include:
- Background audio playback for videos
- A redesigned download manager
- Create playlists out of your downloaded videos
- Resume failed downloads or paused downloads
- A new audio player for audio files
- Multi-file selection editing
- Enable or disable auto-playing videos
- Choose your default playback quality for videos
- Choose the audio download quality
- Enable bypassing of 18+ restrictions
- Enable bypassing of blocked videos
Many of the features mentioned above will be configurable via a new preferences pane in the Settings application for ProTube Extension for YouTube in version 2.0:
You can expect to find ProTube Extension for YouTube version 2.0 in Cydia very soon; probably in the next 24 hours. Keep your eyes peeled!
Update: The update is now live!
Sources: Jonas Gessner