• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Microsoft Executive Trashes iOS by Calling it "Boring"


    At the recent All Things D Conference, Terry Myerson, Microsoft’s head executive for Windows Phone, took the stage to talk about the future of Windows Phone. In the process he also took a few shots at both Apple and Google during the interview and more specifically stated that iOS is “boring.” He mentioned the following:

    With Apple, I sense a lack of urgency. When iOS 5 came out and there was a fifth row of icons and not much else, you say, okay, are they running out of steam, is iOS getting boring?”

    With Android … it’s kind of a mess, Chrome [OS] and Android coming together, Chrome [OS] does not offer the flexibility of Android.
    When asked for his opinion on Facebook Home and whether Microsoft will try to get it on their devices, Myerson ended up dodging the question. His actions were a bit strange given that Microsoft invested in Facebook before its IPO but has seen the company slowly morph into a competitor of theirs.

    Although some may agree with Myerson’s opinion of the iOS platform getting a bit boring, there are millions of iPhone 5 owners who beg to differ. Those who have been waiting for a more drastic change to the iOS platform have something to look forward to as iOS 7 has currently been said to be undergoing a serious UI overhaul thanks to Jony Ive. Ultimately we’ll have to be patient to see how much of the rumor comes to fruition.

    Source: ComputerWorld
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Microsoft Executive Trashes iOS by Calling it "Boring" started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 36 Comments
    1. sirbebe's Avatar
      sirbebe -
      A business man is not going to reach in his pocket and pull out a phone that looks like Mickey mouse. The iPhone has class and style.. IMO
    1. 5kylar's Avatar
      5kylar -
      As long as I'm running a jailbreak no other mobile OS compares
    1. NegativeBeef's Avatar
      NegativeBeef -
      I do have to give it to Microsoft though. Out of all the current platforms their OS is the only one that looks somewhat unique.
    1. 5kylar's Avatar
      5kylar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
      I do have to give it to Microsoft though. Out of all the current platforms their OS is the only one that looks somewhat unique.
      Unique can mean a lot of things lol. I think it looks stupid in my opinion, like a bunch of friggin Lego blocks. Maybe some triangles and rhombus's next time? At least it would look sharper ;P
    1. Christophxr's Avatar
      Christophxr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
      Clearely he hasn't tried a jailbroken iOS device
      This. Right. *******. Here.
    1. Fate1121's Avatar
      Fate1121 -
      Gotta love the 12 colors you can pick from on the W8 phones (sarcasm)..... my girlfriend has Nokia and I tell her to download a app oh wait windows store doesn't have it lol.

      She actually made the comment that her phone was boring the other day
    1. Eonhpi's Avatar
      Eonhpi -
      Plan and simple ios is boring with out jailbreakin. I would never own a unjialbroken ios device . Js
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Microsoft makes phones now?
    1. BUcLAo69's Avatar
      BUcLAo69 -
      I'll never get bored of IOS because I have been with IOS since day 1 and it gets even better after the JB !!!!!
    1. sandsjh's Avatar
      sandsjh -
      While everyone is mentioning jailbreak, you won't have it if you have to restore. Anyone checked Cydia lately? Then what will your iPhone be? From the responses, apparently it would be boring, which is what the exec says. Most of you are agreeing and then saying, oh yeah, jailbreak.

      Personal experience may not matter to many, but I've seen business professionals show off their phone and other business professionals buy one directly after that because it is functional and easier to access what they need. Why are people comparing Windows 95/XP BSOD to a phone? That's eccentric. As for apps, the business professionals I know all have the apps they need for what they want, some being ex-iPhone users.

      iCurrently use two iPhones, so I'm not a hater, some people just need to think outside the bezel. It doesn't matter to some people they can't play Warfield Saga Rope Birds, because they just don't have time. I don't have time, either.
    1. silentassassin12's Avatar
      silentassassin12 -
      IOS is very boring now. I used to love using my phone for everything else besides a phone, but now its basically a regular phone that i can look up random **** with. It needs a complete revamp IMO. New icons and shapes of those icons. Options to add applications to the lockscreen. Any of you seen that new Yahoo weather thing? that app looks beautiful, if i could make that my lockscreen that would be amazing. More options to make my phone look different than the billion of other iphone users. They have been getting complacent and i would like to switch phones if they dont do anything to improve, but i dont want to lose my sync abilities with macbook/phone/appletv.

      jailbreaking was fun when i first got the iphone way back in 07 or 08, but stability/speed issues and the constant holding off on updates and waiting for a new jailbreak is annoying and not worth it anymore
    1. Slim J's Avatar
      Slim J -
      I never liked WP7 or 8. The main reason is the interface. I hate the large, blocky, flat interface of WP and I personally find the WP interface rather dull. WP is all monochrome and all of the customization features of the WP is either a black or white background and preset colored tiles and you can't custom set a color (such as a color wheel or palette). Also with that, I find the live tiles the worst thing about WP8. It shows everything at once and it's very chaotic with all sorts of moving icons. The huge problem with Windows Phone is the lack of customization and every phone piratically looks the same.

      I hate Windows 8 for about the same reason I hate WP. Until M$ can get their s**t together, I'm sticking with Windows 7. If they can't, I will have to find a home elsewhere. All Windows 8 is they removed all that was good out of Windows, took all that was bad with Windows Phone, and mashed it together to make that half baked OS better known as Windows 8. I'm not going to go into what I hate on Windows 8 because I can honestly write a novel on it if I really wanted to.

      All I can say here recently is Microsoft has made alot of mistakes in a very short period. A few to state is Windows 8, Windows RT with its uselessness, Office 2013 with it's almost 300% price jump from 2010 (2010 home was $160 and allows you to install up to 3 computers and 2013 home is $140 but only works with 1 computer), and if the rumors are true, a tightly restricted next gen Xbox with strict DRM.
    1. bigray's Avatar
      bigray -
      Yeah iOS is boring... Until you jailbreak it and get some themes and extra addons lol
    1. obiwankod's Avatar
      obiwankod -
      Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin12 View Post
      IOS is very boring now. I used to love using my phone for everything else besides a phone, but now its basically a regular phone that i can look up random **** with. It needs a complete revamp IMO. New icons and shapes of those icons. Options to add applications to the lockscreen. Any of you seen that new Yahoo weather thing? that app looks beautiful, if i could make that my lockscreen that would be amazing. More options to make my phone look different than the billion of other iphone users. They have been getting complacent and i would like to switch phones if they dont do anything to improve, but i dont want to lose my sync abilities with macbook/phone/appletv.

      jailbreaking was fun when i first got the iphone way back in 07 or 08, but stability/speed issues and the constant holding off on updates and waiting for a new jailbreak is annoying and not worth it anymore
      Spot on!
      I literally lost days-worth of my life on my iPhone and I remember when the jailbreak scene was so exciting.
      Now, Samsung really have pulled some tricks out of their sleeves and I'm on the edge of making that jump.....only problem is my life is literally synced between my Apple devices. Guess i could just buy an iPod Touch to replace me iPhone
    1. ABOSWORTH's Avatar
      ABOSWORTH -
      I haven't messed around on a Windows phone but it looks retarded. That home screen looks like a damn baby's toy.
    1. 5kylar's Avatar
      5kylar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
      I never liked WP7 or 8. The main reason is the interface. I hate the large, blocky, flat interface of WP and I personally find the WP interface rather dull. WP is all monochrome and all of the customization features of the WP is either a black or white background and preset colored tiles and you can't custom set a color (such as a color wheel or palette). Also with that, I find the live tiles the worst thing about WP8. It shows everything at once and it's very chaotic with all sorts of moving icons. The huge problem with Windows Phone is the lack of customization and every phone piratically looks the same.

      I hate Windows 8 for about the same reason I hate WP. Until M$ can get their s**t together, I'm sticking with Windows 7. If they can't, I will have to find a home elsewhere. All Windows 8 is they removed all that was good out of Windows, took all that was bad with Windows Phone, and mashed it together to make that half baked OS better known as Windows 8. I'm not going to go into what I hate on Windows 8 because I can honestly write a novel on it if I really wanted to.

      All I can say here recently is Microsoft has made alot of mistakes in a very short period. A few to state is Windows 8, Windows RT with its uselessness, Office 2013 with it's almost 300% price jump from 2010 (2010 home was $160 and allows you to install up to 3 computers and 2013 home is $140 but only works with 1 computer), and if the rumors are true, a tightly restricted next gen Xbox with strict DRM.
      I agree the phones suck. I used to think Win8 was a horrible idea too but I just bought a new pc recently and it came with Win8. It's really not that bad. everything is still there except the start button menu. Which is replaced by their blocky mess of squares and rectangles. But once you get used to it it's pretty great. And fast. But as for a phone I'll stick with my iPhone and it's apparently "boring" OS