• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Grabby Updated With Support for 5 Application Grabbers and Custom App Shortcuts


    Grabby, a popular new jailbreak tweak that is in its beta stages from iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich has been updated Tuesday with some additional features. Grabby is based off of an iOS concept created by concept designer Sentry_NC back in December of last year.

    The update to Grabby gives the user the ability to have up to five grabbers, rather than the previous four. In addition, the grabbers can be customized so you can put them in any order you wish, and you can even set them to specific applications that aren’t in your pre-defined choice list, which has been updated to include a Calendar application grabber.

    Users that pick an application not already in the pre-defined choice list will see an application icon on one of the grabbers, just as shown above. Grabber order, number of grabbers, and grabber functionality can be configured in the Grabber preferences pane located in the Settings application:



    The update is free, since the tweak in itself is free; however, you won’t find it in any of Cydia’s default repositories. If you’re interested in trying Grabby, you will have to add Ryan Petrich’s beta repository by following the steps below:


    • tap on the Manage tab
    • tap on the Sources button
    • tap on the Edit button
    • tap on the Add button
    • enter the following URL and then tap Add Source:


    PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo/ 
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Grabby Updated With Support for 5 Application Grabbers and Custom App Shortcuts started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      I still have a problem where whenever I slide the grabber left to choose something, it instantly shoots to the top of the screen, don't know whether it's an ISX conflict or androidlockxt conflict.
    1. N17REX's Avatar
      N17REX -
      Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
      I still have a problem where whenever I slide the grabber left to choose something, it instantly shoots to the top of the screen, don't know whether it's an ISX conflict or androidlockxt conflict.
      Looks like I'm gonna stick with JellyLock
    1. pakitos's Avatar
      pakitos -
      Is not working with SubtleLock
    1. tat2me2's Avatar
      tat2me2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
      Is not working with SubtleLock
      I can confirm that this does not totally work with subtle lock, it only allows one "Grabby"
    1. NelsonMandelski's Avatar
      NelsonMandelski -
      Is anyone having a problem with folder enhancer after using grabby to open an app? My folders overlap the status bar and needs a respring to fix it.
    1. Fafner1976's Avatar
      Fafner1976 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMandelski View Post
      Is anyone having a problem with folder enhancer after using grabby to open an app? My folders overlap the status bar and needs a respring to fix it.

      Yes, I can reproduce this as well. I have issues with some Activator gestures as well, again after having opened something with Grabby and going back to the Homescreen. For example swipe left or right on the statusbar doesn't work.
      Potentially a great tweak, but these issues are holding me back for the time being.
    1. Freund117's Avatar
      Freund117 -
      I installed grabby and nothing has changed, how do I get grabby to show up?
    1. bingal's Avatar
      bingal -
      Quote Originally Posted by tat2me2 View Post
      I can confirm that this does not totally work with subtle lock, it only allows one "Grabby"

      It works fine for me with only the slider of SubtleLock enabled and the clock/weather widget of LockInfo5. Get a second or 2 of black screen before the app you want launches but it's not too bad.
      Attachment 632892
    1. wesker17's Avatar
      wesker17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Freund117 View Post
      I installed grabby and nothing has changed, how do I get grabby to show up?
      Same here, IDK which of my tweeks is having a conflict with grabby
    1. NelsonMandelski's Avatar
      NelsonMandelski -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fafner1976 View Post
      Yes, I can reproduce this as well. I have issues with some Activator gestures as well, again after having opened something with Grabby and going back to the Homescreen. For example swipe left or right on the statusbar doesn't work.
      Potentially a great tweak, but these issues are holding me back for the time being.
      I have the same problem with the activator gestures on the status bar as well, I have to open an app to be able to use the gesture for my sbsettings.

      Quote Originally Posted by wesker17 View Post
      Same here, IDK which of my tweeks is having a conflict with grabby
      Hold onto the camera grabber and move your finger along to the left. You can configure the settings for it in the settings app.
    1. iH85CH001's Avatar
      iH85CH001 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMandelski View Post
      Is anyone having a problem with folder enhancer after using grabby to open an app? My folders overlap the status bar and needs a respring to fix it.
      Yes. Same here. Thats why i uninstalled Grabby.
    1. firedog341's Avatar
      firedog341 -
      Just installed. Pretty slick.
    1. Eclipse538's Avatar
      Eclipse538 -
      Jellylock ALL day, sorry ryan but this is still way too beta for me
    1. wesker17's Avatar
      wesker17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMandelski View Post
      I have the same problem with the activator gestures on the status bar as well, I have to open an app to be able to use the gesture for my sbsettings.



      Hold onto the camera grabber and move your finger along to the left. You can configure the settings for it in the settings app.
      The grabber problem solved ty! now I also have a problem with activator, I set it so that when I hold the statusbar it locks my phone but it dosent seems to work...

      Overal i think is a great tweek, with some ares to improve but its a good tweek