• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Huberty: Apple May Launch Internet Services, 'Killer' App


    On Thursday, respected Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty said Apple may soon unveil a set of new internet-based services. The revelation comes after the analyst's recent meeting with Apple management.

    According to Huberty, Apple may use it's June 2013 Worldwide Developer Conference to unveil refreshes of iOS and Mac OS X, as well as several new services. These services, she speculates, may include streaming music or even mobile payments.

    "From our recent meetings with management, we believe Eddy Cue, Apple’s head of Internet Software and Services, is working hard to improve Apple’s existing Internet-based services, such as iCloud and Maps, and at the same time planning to launch new services," Huberty wrote Thursday.

    We believe Apple could charge either developers or users for some of these services, which could boost Apple’s annuitized revenue stream and better monetize its large user base. For example, Apple could offer a streaming music service using a freemium model. Users could listen for free with advertisements, or pay monthly or annually to listen without advertisements and with potential access to more features.
    Huberty also suspects that Kevin Lynch’s move from CTO of Adobe to Apple represents more compelling evidence that Apple could launch new services "that leverage its large developer base."

    Huberty today even raised the prospect of Apple releasing a "killer app" the magnitude of which could rival Siri's impact on iOS.

    Source: Barron's
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Huberty: Apple May Launch Internet Services, 'Killer' App started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. Mannyphantom46's Avatar
      Mannyphantom46 -
      Wow! Can't wait, it most be something big! Go apple!
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Killer app is probably the radio app and it'll kill pandora, spotify, gmusic, etc.
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      I doubt an apple radio app would kill those services.
    1. buggsy2's Avatar
      buggsy2 -
      A radio app would hardly be a killer app, since there are lots of similar apps already, many for free.

      Sounds like BS, with the corporate "analysts" playing the usual role of willing partner to feed the sheeple tantalizing tidbits of crap.
    1. cgfusion's Avatar
      cgfusion -
      Alright!! 2 out of 3 comments actually positive for once, how refreshing from the droid boy fans posting their uneducated comments on here. Way to go!
    1. Gamemaster77's Avatar
      Gamemaster77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
      Alright!! 2 out of 3 comments actually positive for once, how refreshing from the droid boy fans posting their uneducated comments on here. Way to go!
      So if someone posts something bad about Apple they are automatically an Android fanboy?

      Anyways, since when did Siri have a large impact on iOS? Everyone I know who has an iDevice used Siri a whole bunch at first but then pretty much forgot about it as they could do things just as quickly as they have been.
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Guys Apple might make a baseball team. They might make a chap-stick that revolutionizes the way you keep you lips moisturized. They might make a Apple branded furniture. The next iOS might support bootcamp and able to run windows 8. Guys this is from a reliable source, next OS X might have iAds. Guys next macbook might have a touch screen and also be made of curved glass. Next macbook might finally use the liquid metal Apple acquired in the past.

      Ask me anything, I'm an industry analyst, I might even be right once in a blue moon.
    1. Magnum's Avatar
      Magnum -
      Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
      Guys Apple might make a baseball team. They might make a chap-stick that revolutionizes the way you keep you lips moisturized. They might make a Apple branded furniture. The next iOS might support bootcamp and able to run windows 8. Guys this is from a reliable source, next OS X might have iAds. Guys next macbook might have a touch screen and also be made of curved glass. Next macbook might finally use the liquid metal Apple acquired in the past.

      Ask me anything, I'm an industry analyst, I might even be right once in a blue moon.
      +1
    1. bwhitaker3's Avatar
      bwhitaker3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
      Guys Apple might make a baseball team. They might make a chap-stick that revolutionizes the way you keep you lips moisturized. They might make a Apple branded furniture. The next iOS might support bootcamp and able to run windows 8. Guys this is from a reliable source, next OS X might have iAds. Guys next macbook might have a touch screen and also be made of curved glass. Next macbook might finally use the liquid metal Apple acquired in the past.

      Ask me anything, I'm an industry analyst, I might even be right once in a blue moon.
      +2
    1. rickuk's Avatar
      rickuk -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Killer app is probably the radio app and it'll kill pandora, spotify, gmusic, etc.
      Unless they open it up to Android and Windows phones, then it will be dead in the water, none of these apps you mention are restricted to a single platform
    1. bubinale08's Avatar
      bubinale08 -
      I think the radio will be called Genius Radio... you know like expanding on the service that scans your itunes library and gives recommendations?
    1. BIG BUFF's Avatar
      BIG BUFF -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
      So if someone posts something bad about Apple they are automatically an Android fanboy?

      Anyways, since when did Siri have a large impact on iOS? Everyone I know who has an iDevice used Siri a whole bunch at first but then pretty much forgot about it as they could do things just as quickly as they have been.
      I love Siri i control my house with Siri like lights ON/OFF or TV ON/OFF😎
    1. cmwade77's Avatar
      cmwade77 -
      So...if Apple launches a radio service, how long will it be before Google and Amazon launch competing versions, with Amazon giving the premium version for free to prime members?
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
      Unless they open it up to Android and Windows phones, then it will be dead in the water, none of these apps you mention are restricted to a single platform
      I hope they don't. I want exclusive to iOS.