• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'Messages' is a New Quick Compose and Quick Reply Option for iOS Text Messaging


    iOS lacks a quick composition and quick reply option for text messages and iMessages. There are multiple options in Cydia, like Messages+, biteSMS, iRealSMS, and now thereís another new option called Messages by iOS developer Ma Jun.

    As shown above, the tweak's message composition interface comes with a very minimalistic appearance that resembles the actual Messages application. In reality, this is actually just a sheet interface that appears and disappears dynamically when you call for it. The tweak lets you pick between a stock blue interface appearance, or a snazzy black interface appearance. The interface above is called via either an Activator action or a QuickDo action.

    Should the user want to quickly reply to an incoming text message or iMessage, they can just tap on the notification banner to bring up the quick reply interface. Notably, the quick reply interface uses the same color setting that the user picks for the quick composition interface:



    The messaging interface includes all of the features necessary to initiate a FaceTime call, initiate a phone call, add the sender to a new or existing contact, and display when the sender is typing (iMessage).

    Messages adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where its options can be configured to the userís liking. The first option allows the user to choose between the blue or black interface. Below this, the user can configure their Activator or QuickDo action for opening the quick composition interface:



    Additional options include enabling and disabling the quick reply feature on demand, hiding and showing the keyboard for the quick reply on demand, and setting the limit to load (loading earlier messages in the conversation) between 1 and 10.

    Messages is a paid Cydia package, setting the user back $3.99 to secure their copy; however, it comes with a 3-day fully-featured free trial that users can take advantage of to see if the tweak is for them. Messages is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, as long as the user is running iOS 6.0 or later.

    Overall, the tweak is very solid and is sure to appeal to minimalists that are trying to keep the stock, Apple-looking feel. On the other hand, there are definitely more fully featured options out there to choose from. If you're looking for a simple quick compose and quick reply option for iOS, this will fit your basic needs.

    Name: Messages
    Price: $3.99 (3-day free trial)
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ma Jun
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'Messages' is a New Quick Compose and Quick Reply Option for iOS Text Messaging started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
    1. KraXik's Avatar
      KraXik -
      It has its place, but can't see it taking share from bite when it costs $4.
    1. Wargasmtornado's Avatar
      Wargasmtornado -
      $4?really?Thats,what,half of what bitesms is?which is far superior.I dont understand why devs are asking for ridiculous prices for something simple
    1. bbrks's Avatar
      bbrks -
      Forgive me, but this is just funny, to pay for something that HAS TO BE AN INTEGRAL PART OF DEFAULT MASSAGES APP, for that I have only one comment, sick
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
      $4?really?Thats,what,half of what bitesms is?which is far superior.I dont understand why devs are asking for ridiculous prices for something simple
      Agreed...
      $.99 is reasonable for such a simple/minimalist Quick Reply tweak. If I didn't have IntelliScreenX, I'd prolly pay $.99 for this cuz I like simplicity.

      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Forgive me, but this is just funny, to pay for something that HAS TO BE AN INTEGRAL PART OF DEFAULT MASSAGES APP, for that I have only one comment, sick
      +1
      Apple really needs to make QuickReply a default function
    1. randomneeess's Avatar
      randomneeess -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
      $4?really?Thats,what,half of what bitesms is?which is far superior.I dont understand why devs are asking for ridiculous prices for something simple
      You said it best. BiteSMS is free, and you buy a license just for ads but only quick compose/reply, which interface (IMO) sucks for a whopping $4, are you kidding me?
    1. chanl's Avatar
      chanl -
      I have a lock on my phone and this tweak shows the message in your lockscreen when you tap it. They need to make it so your messages are protected if your phone is password protected
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Intelliscreen X with messages+ is still the best quick reply I've found
    1. eightyk88's Avatar
      eightyk88 -
      I find the default way is still the best way. Because I like save battery life, read the previous messages and keep my messages protected when locked. Call me old school, or smart; either way you're right.
    1. CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
      CrAcKzZZ -
      Aha 4 dollars is over priced, biteSMS is free, there's just ads which is totally fine or that quality of an app/tweak
    1. randomneeess's Avatar
      randomneeess -
      Quote Originally Posted by chanl View Post
      I have a lock on my phone and this tweak shows the message in your lockscreen when you tap it. They need to make it so your messages are protected if your phone is password protected
      If you are talking about BiteSMS, then there is a passcode lock somewhere in the Settings and you can also make QR not show the content of the message/who's texting you. For instance if you choose content of the message off and contact on it'd say

      John Doe
      Message
    1. scapegoat81's Avatar
      scapegoat81 -
      Man I guess everyone is trying to cash in on Quick Reply/Quick Compose before Apple implements it in iOS 7. Smh
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      I have to Agree, I have intelliscreen X myself & i have Bite SMS & it works Just Wonderful, so why would i pay $4 foe that when the free version of BiteSms.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
      I have to Agree, I have intelliscreen X myself & i have Bite SMS & it works Just Wonderful, so why would i pay $4 foe that when the free version of BiteSms.
      Out of curiosity, which QuickReply do u use, ISX or Bite? Just curious about the advantage over the other.

      I've used Bite in the past but since I don't prefer having unnecessary tweax on my phone, I've stuck w/ ISX.
    1. evolution83's Avatar
      evolution83 -
      Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat81 View Post
      Man I guess everyone is trying to cash in on Quick Reply/Quick Compose before Apple implements it in iOS 7. Smh
      is that even going to happen?

      the standard messages app is lacking so many features right now, i'd love to see something like biteSMS made stock in iOS 7, but I won't hold my breath.
    1. Albort's Avatar
      Albort -
      Quote Originally Posted by chanl View Post
      I have a lock on my phone and this tweak shows the message in your lockscreen when you tap it. They need to make it so your messages are protected if your phone is password protected
      Same here. I thought there was something in menu disabled by trial but i guess i was wrong.
      probably should have tried bitesms before i bought message... ooops!

      EDIT: i just tested out bitesms. I still like the original message box...
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Out of curiosity, which QuickReply do u use, ISX or Bite? Just curious about the advantage over the other.

      I've used Bite in the past but since I don't prefer having unnecessary tweax on my phone, I've stuck w/ ISX.
      I've used both, as I just bought ISX when the evasi0n jailbreaking came out, before that I used BiteSMS, and I prefer ISX with messages+, but for no major reason, just little things like when a notification for text comes up it still auto dismisses, where with BiteSMS it does not. It's little things like that, that I choose ISX instead of BiteSMS
    1. emilliondollars's Avatar
      emilliondollars -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Out of curiosity, which QuickReply do u use, ISX or Bite? Just curious about the advantage over the other.

      I've used Bite in the past but since I don't prefer having unnecessary tweax on my phone, I've stuck w/ ISX.
      I used BITE for a while but then I got tired of the stupid ads and the stupid slowness of the app, it would take forever after I had a looooong conversation with a person and I hated the wait so I deleted it.

      The only reason I would get ISX is for the QuickReply but I dont feel like forking over $10 for that, soooo im stuck with nothing, I can live with it. Hopefully it wont be to long until Shapple comes out with a QuickReply smh.
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by emilliondollars View Post
      I used BITE for a while but then I got tired of the stupid ads and the stupid slowness of the app, it would take forever after I had a looooong conversation with a person and I hated the wait so I deleted it.

      The only reason I would get ISX is for the QuickReply but I dont feel like forking over $10 for that, soooo im stuck with nothing, I can live with it. Hopefully it wont be to long until Shapple comes out with a QuickReply smh.
      Go search "messages+" it's by the developer of ISX. ISX by itself doesn't have quick reply, it comes built in with messages+ which is the quick reply feature. You can buy that tweak alone for cheaper (around $2-4 I think). But if you buy ISX it comes with it.

      Edit* I just looked, messages+ is $8, so i was wrong with the pricing, if your going to buy it, just buy ISX for another $2, which honestly is worth the $10
    1. faarkrog74's Avatar
      faarkrog74 -
      payd for this, and thing its a great tweak, but when its installed my home button dont work? anyone know why. and receiving messages dosint always work properly.

      and had one safe mode..
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by faarkrog74 View Post
      payd for this, and thing its a great tweak, but when its installed my home button dont work? anyone know why. and receiving messages dosint always work properly.

      and had one safe mode..
      So it was a good buy! LOL!