• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Roughly Half of Android Users Won't Get Facebook Home due to Fragmentation


    During the unveiling of Facebook Home, Mark Zuckerberg said that the “openness” of Google’s Android platform is what made the Home experience possible. What wasn’t mentioned was the fact that due to the fragmented nature of the Android market, nearly half of all Android users won’t even be able to run its new Home feature to begin with.

    Facebook Home won’t run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread or lower, a fact which was revealed in a question-and-answer session following Home’s unveiling. Gingerbread, which was initially released in February of 2011, is still the Android version for roughly 40% of the Android install base according to Google’s most recent figures. Roughly 7% run an even older version of the operating system.

    The other roughly 53% of Android devices running either version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or versions 4.1 and 4.2 Jelly Bean will supposedly be able to run Facebook Home but not until sometime after its launch. Zuckerberg pointed out both during and after the Home presentation that the launch will be reserved to six devices initially which include: the HTC One and One X, Samsung Galaxy S III, S4, Note II, and the recently revealed HTC First, which is said to be optimized for the Facebook home experience. It was also mentioned that the launcher won’t be available for Android tablets until sometime after its launch as well.

    Facebook Home was said to better suited for Google since Apple controls both the hardware and software underlying its iOS devices, therefore having a much smaller set of configurations to develop for. Unfortunately, Google makes Android available to a wide array of manufacturers and some of them are diligent in updating their devices to recent versions of Android but a large number aren’t. Due to either technical limitations or fiscal infeasibility, hundreds of millions of Android devices are running a now two-year outdated version of the operating system.

    This fragmentation among the Android install base has proved to be a significant problem for Android developers as they have to program their apps not only to account for a vast array of hardware configurations but also to account for 40% of their potential audience using a two year old operating system. Google has taken some steps to address the fragmentation issue but the issue remains at large. In the meantime, Facebook Home seems like it would be very limited.

    Source: AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Roughly Half of Android Users Won't Get Facebook Home due to Fragmentation started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 61 Comments
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Loud noises!!!
    1. yatezy's Avatar
      yatezy -
      The video pause whilst looking away is a feature only available on samsungs phones and at the minute it's only the S4.

      Its not an Android feature.
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      The power widget has been implemented to android long before so settings LOL.

      And launchers did not copy barrel Lmao!! And if anything, launchers on android support MORE animations. And no it doesn't kill battery.



      AWH I'm sorry that I go on both forums. My bad!
      Is that your MO? Go onto forums and just talk out of your butt? I installed BigBoss's SBSettings in late 2007. Now you're going to tell me the first Android came out before?

      Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
      Rooting your phone will never neuter it. Adding a new custom ROM, is a different story. You're putting an entirely modified operating system on there. Try doing an engine swap in a car and see how issue-less it really is. There are always ROMs that are the same as stock, with less bloat, quicker, better battery life, and will not cripple anything.

      And you still didn't disprove my point. iPhone still needs to be jailbroken to do things that an Android phone does out of the box. And you managed to find one tweak....that's made by the same developer, how shocking that it came on Android after!

      You mean to tell me that having a widget that easily lets me switch settings is a blatant rip off of sbsettinggs? You're stretching it a bit too far there buddy, it's just common sense that the widget would exist. There's a widget for everything else! The probability of there being a widget that controls settings is pretty darn high.
      Another Butt-Talker. Did you know that in UK English root is slang for fornication? What is the point of me telling you this? Pretty much the same as your point in all your posts.

      I have no problems rooting my phone nor did I mention that I had problems rooting my phone. In fact if you actually took the time to read instead of letting your butt do all your talking you'd know that the E975 has no rom; custom, debloated, or otherwise, that works with the rear camera. That's a neutered 13 megapixel device.

      In fact, every other ROM available for the Optimus G has issues due to notification freezing, LED not working, wifi mac addresses changing on every boot (awesome way to test the strength of your dhcp server btw) and so on.

      Don't get me wrong, the development community for this particular phone are working their assess (while you talk out of yours) to make a decent ROM for the phones that more closely resemble the N4 and then they will work on this phone. I praise their every effort to making my device as easy to use and powerful as possible. It's just the way android fanboys like yourself tout the open nature of the software, I never thought months would go by without a stable custom ROM. Maybe people's expectations would be lower if butt talkers told the complete story...that an android device is pretty much outdated before there are stable custom ROMs available.

      But there is something I notice with the Android community. The more popular ROMs (just to stop your next fart, I mean reply, I know that other ROMs exist) aim for a more vanilla flavour of the android operating system with certain add ons baked in. iOS on the other hand is the most vanilla and debloated operating system out there for idevices. With the jailbreak, which seems to take as much time if not less than a stable-for-daily-use-custom ROM, you can then add whatever you want to the mix. I know that my comparison here is apples to oranges but I am talking about time, not the outcome.

      It just seems that the AOKP's and Cyanogenmod's out there strive to make the android experience more like how an iPhone comes when jailbroken. Sure you can add more fluff like widgets and pink unicorns but at the end of the day most of the time spent on your mobile device is either messaging, surfing the web, or talking on the phone. Everything else is eye candy.
    1. DarkoNova's Avatar
      DarkoNova -
      Not really.

      My fiancé has a 3GS that ran fine on iOS 5, but after updating to 6.1.x (don't know exactly what she's running) it's slow as hell. But she can still run the latest and greatest iOS. When I had an Evo 4G (hated it but got stuck with it because the Sprint rep was a douche) it never got a firmware update. I was on 2.2, IIRC.
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      half of Android users wont get it but 100% of iOS users wont.
    1. carlbgc's Avatar
      carlbgc -
      ^

      Muppet.
    1. Channan's Avatar
      Channan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
      Google has a tendency to basically either copy, or if it cant, then buy features. Innovation isnt just lacking, its still unseen.
      Wait, did you actually just say this right after posting "About innovation, yeah. The last one was siri"?

      Google and Apple both copy and buy out other companies, but it's only innovation when Apple does it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
      Siri actually was innovation cuz it added a virtual assistant with a very strong personality for the first time phones which actually did more than call the wrong person!
      ಠ_ಠ oh my God
    1. IP IE ID IR O's Avatar
      IP IE ID IR O -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      Is that your MO? Go onto forums and just talk out of your butt? I installed BigBoss's SBSettings in late 2007. Now you're going to tell me the first Android came out before?



      Another Butt-Talker. Did you know that in UK English root is slang for fornication? What is the point of me telling you this? Pretty much the same as your point in all your posts.

      I have no problems rooting my phone nor did I mention that I had problems rooting my phone. In fact if you actually took the time to read instead of letting your butt do all your talking you'd know that the E975 has no rom; custom, debloated, or otherwise, that works with the rear camera. That's a neutered 13 megapixel device.

      In fact, every other ROM available for the Optimus G has issues due to notification freezing, LED not working, wifi mac addresses changing on every boot (awesome way to test the strength of your dhcp server btw) and so on.

      Don't get me wrong, the development community for this particular phone are working their assess (while you talk out of yours) to make a decent ROM for the phones that more closely resemble the N4 and then they will work on this phone. I praise their every effort to making my device as easy to use and powerful as possible. It's just the way android fanboys like yourself tout the open nature of the software, I never thought months would go by without a stable custom ROM. Maybe people's expectations would be lower if butt talkers told the complete story...that an android device is pretty much outdated before there are stable custom ROMs available.

      But there is something I notice with the Android community. The more popular ROMs (just to stop your next fart, I mean reply, I know that other ROMs exist) aim for a more vanilla flavour of the android operating system with certain add ons baked in. iOS on the other hand is the most vanilla and debloated operating system out there for idevices. With the jailbreak, which seems to take as much time if not less than a stable-for-daily-use-custom ROM, you can then add whatever you want to the mix. I know that my comparison here is apples to oranges but I am talking about time, not the outcome.

      It just seems that the AOKP's and Cyanogenmod's out there strive to make the android experience more like how an iPhone comes when jailbroken. Sure you can add more fluff like widgets and pink unicorns but at the end of the day most of the time spent on your mobile device is either messaging, surfing the web, or talking on the phone. Everything else is eye candy.

      You act like every android device doesn't have a stable custom ROM. A Nexus 4 unlocked, bloatware free, pure vanilla android is 299$. A unlocked iPhone cost's 600-700$. What premium is that? To jailbroke your phone and make it feel and act like an android?

      Android = many choices
      iOS = one "choice". Jailbreaking, which Apple still hates and pushes out updates as fast as it can so you CAN'T jailbreak your phone.

      I'll stick with my Nexus 4 and enjoy all the customization I want while you go search on cydia and find a tweak that my phone can do out of the box.
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      You act like every android device doesn't have a stable custom ROM. A Nexus 4 unlocked, bloatware free, pure vanilla android is 299$. A unlocked iPhone cost's 600-700$. What premium is that? To jailbroke your phone and make it feel and act like an android?

      Android = many choices

      iOS = one "choice". Jailbreaking, which Apple still hates and pushes out updates as fast as it can so you CAN'T jailbreak your phone.

      I'll stick with my Nexus 4 and enjoy all the customization I want while you go search on cydia and find a tweak that my phone can do out of the box.
      I really wish you didn't bring up the LG Nexus 4. I checked out the Nexus 4 and I liked it at first because of its screen. However I didn't want to be restricted to an 8 or 16 gig phone with no sd card slot. Also the camera is really lacking. What are you paying for exactly at the end of the day?

      I chose the E975 LG Optimus G which is almost the exact same phone as the Nexus 4 but with 32 gigs of memory, a better camera, NFC and LTE. Mind you it was $600 brand new. That's iPhone money for a phone with decent specs.

      Now I've been all over the xda forums for the past 5 months and I know there are more glitches in your custom roms than anything else. Also your phone in particular needs a custom rom because the gamma on your phone makes your ips retina display look washed out. The devs tried using the Nexus kernel in the Optimus roms and that lasted about 2 days before being rejected. Now we are using the faux123 kernel for better gamma.

      The iPhone 5 only comes with 1 gig of ram and it is a smooth phone. How's your ram situation? Running a slimmed down custom rom I need 800 megs just to boot. With a stock debloated rom I needed 1.2 gigs to boot. That's more ram than the iPhone 5 has and I haven't even opened an app or installed one tweak yet. How's that for your out of box experience?

      I know your phone and your romming pain because I have it. Your manufacturer has a lock down on your phone ala Apple style. Every custom rom for your phone is a collection of dirty hacks made by very talented developers trying their hardest. How's your kernel panic? Green screen lately like the rest of the CM crowd?

      You can't just creep on an iOS forum and lie out of your butt and expect to get away with it today son! Go back to xda and stop lying here.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      I really wish you didn't bring up the LG Nexus 4. I checked out the Nexus 4 and I liked it at first because of its screen. However I didn't want to be restricted to an 8 or 16 gig phone with no sd card slot. Also the camera is really lacking. What are you paying for exactly at the end of the day?
      I noticed this too but didn't feel like getting into it with him lol. $299 might be unlocked but it's 8GB and no LTE, so really it's outdated.
    1. IP IE ID IR O's Avatar
      IP IE ID IR O -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      I really wish you didn't bring up the LG Nexus 4. I checked out the Nexus 4 and I liked it at first because of its screen. However I didn't want to be restricted to an 8 or 16 gig phone with no sd card slot. Also the camera is really lacking. What are you paying for exactly at the end of the day?

      I chose the E975 LG Optimus G which is almost the exact same phone as the Nexus 4 but with 32 gigs of memory, a better camera, NFC and LTE. Mind you it was $600 brand new. That's iPhone money for a phone with decent specs.

      Now I've been all over the X D A forums for the past 5 months and I know there are more glitches in your custom roms than anything else. Also your phone in particular needs a custom rom because the gamma on your phone makes your ips retina display look washed out. The devs tried using the Nexus kernel in the Optimus roms and that lasted about 2 days before being rejected. Now we are using the faux123 kernel for better gamma.

      The iPhone 5 only comes with 1 gig of ram and it is a smooth phone. How's your ram situation? Running a slimmed down custom rom I need 800 megs just to boot. With a stock debloated rom I needed 1.2 gigs to boot. That's more ram than the iPhone 5 has and I haven't even opened an app or installed one tweak yet. How's that for your out of box experience?

      I know your phone and your romming pain because I have it. Your manufacturer has a lock down on your phone ala Apple style. Every custom rom for your phone is a collection of dirty hacks made by very talented developers trying their hardest. How's your kernel panic? Green screen lately like the rest of the CM crowd?

      You can't just creep on an iOS forum and lie out of your butt and expect to get away with it today son! Go back to xda and stop lying here.
      I've been on xda for the past year, and dude... LOL. I don't have any "romming pain". You find a custom rom, and stick with it if it fits your liking. EVERY PHONE TAKES A ROM DIFFERENT. SOME PHONES BUG OUT WHILE OTHERS IT IS FLAWLESS. The ROM I have been running is flawless on MY device, but for others it may not. And dude, THE LG OPTIMUS G IS THE WORST PHONE TO COMPARE TO THE NEXUS 4 WITH ROMS. The development team for the Optimus G is so WEAK, hell it doesn't even support official Cyanogen ROMS, all you get is unofficial bugged out ROMS.

      Get your facts straight dude. The Nexus 4 is a development phone, it wasn't made for consumers. The only people offering it is T-Mobile, and that was luck. Google WANTS YOU TO ROOT. It takes a simple command prompt to unlock your bootloader and your DONE. No need to wait months for a simple hack like the iphone just so you can put cydia on it. 99.9% of things on cydia I can run UNROOTED out of the box on my nexus.

      You can't just creep on a A forum for a few months, and come back here thinking that you know all the tips and tricks of rooting when you have the crappiest phone that has the smallest development support.

      I paid for the 16GB model, and I still have 5-6 GB's left and I bought this in November. I get 50GB free box storage, 5gb google drive, play music which all my songs are on the cloud, and allows up to 20k songs for free, any size.

      Get your facts straight. Do your research. I was an iPhone junkie.

      This is officially my last post on this thread lol. Apple worshipers are so ignorant of android because they think there phone is better than a top of the line android phone when it is jailbroken. Give me a break.

      God Bless all of ya, dueces

      PS- You don't need an entire custom ROM to fix gamma. All you need is a simple kernel and adjust it to your liking.

      My phone - 400$ (16GB Model) - support up to atleast the next 3 major versions of android, huge development team, Google applications are a breeze, and NO, there ISN'T LAG. I hate it when fanboys say every android phone has glitches an lags. Project butter anyone? Major overhaul to that situation.

      Your phone- 200$ contract (16gb model) 600-700$ off contract (16GB model) - Supports up to next 3-4 major release of iOS, wait countless months for a jailbreak, no google drive, play music, all you got is iTunes cloud service which you have to pay for even to put songs on the cloud.

      At the moment it is taking apple 7 major versions of iOS to (finally?) catch up to androids features. Get back to me when iOS 7 finally allows to to move apps wherever you want on your homescreen without a freaking jailbreak tweak lmao

      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      I noticed this too but didn't feel like getting into it with him lol. $299 might be unlocked but it's 8GB and no LTE, so really it's outdated.
      In my area I have no LTE and it isn't planning to come anytime soon.
    1. Channan's Avatar
      Channan -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      I really wish you didn't bring up the LG Nexus 4. I checked out the Nexus 4 and I liked it at first because of its screen. However I didn't want to be restricted to an 8 or 16 gig phone with no sd card slot. Also the camera is really lacking. What are you paying for exactly at the end of the day?

      I chose the E975 LG Optimus G which is almost the exact same phone as the Nexus 4 but with 32 gigs of memory, a better camera, NFC and LTE. Mind you it was $600 brand new. That's iPhone money for a phone with decent specs.

      Now I've been all over the xda forums for the past 5 months and I know there are more glitches in your custom roms than anything else. Also your phone in particular needs a custom rom because the gamma on your phone makes your ips retina display look washed out. The devs tried using the Nexus kernel in the Optimus roms and that lasted about 2 days before being rejected. Now we are using the faux123 kernel for better gamma.

      The iPhone 5 only comes with 1 gig of ram and it is a smooth phone. How's your ram situation? Running a slimmed down custom rom I need 800 megs just to boot. With a stock debloated rom I needed 1.2 gigs to boot. That's more ram than the iPhone 5 has and I haven't even opened an app or installed one tweak yet. How's that for your out of box experience?

      I know your phone and your romming pain because I have it. Your manufacturer has a lock down on your phone ala Apple style. Every custom rom for your phone is a collection of dirty hacks made by very talented developers trying their hardest. How's your kernel panic? Green screen lately like the rest of the CM crowd?

      You can't just creep on an iOS forum and lie out of your butt and expect to get away with it today son! Go back to xda and stop lying here.
      Yo what? I've never seen my Nexus 4's available RAM drop below 1GB. I've never had an app or webpage reload in the background. It happens on my iPad 3 sometimes. In fact I have Chrome with 3 tabs running in the foreground, 7 apps and even more services running in the background, and my Nexus 4 still has 1.3GB of available RAM.

      The Nexus 4 also has NFC. You paid over $250 more for an extra 12GB of accessible storage, a slightly better camera, LTE, and an older version of Android. The Nexus 4 isn't the best hardware out there obviously but it's good enough for most people and by far the best value. I personally don't need LTE on my phone when I regularly pull down over 10Mbps and storage isn't an issue either since I stream all my music from Google Play Music.
    1. IP IE ID IR O's Avatar
      IP IE ID IR O -
      Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
      Yo what? I've never seen my Nexus 4's available RAM drop below 1GB. I've never had an app or webpage reload in the background. It happens on my iPad 3 sometimes. In fact I have Chrome with 3 tabs running in the foreground, 7 apps and even more services running in the background, and my Nexus 4 still has 1.3GB of available RAM.

      The Nexus 4 also has NFC. You paid over $250 more for an extra 12GB of accessible storage, a slightly better camera, LTE, and an older version of Android. The Nexus 4 isn't the best hardware out there obviously but it's good enough for most people and by far the best value. I personally don't need LTE on my phone when I regularly pull down over 10Mbps and storage isn't an issue either since I stream all my music from Google Play Music.
      He is saying "facts" about a phone that he doesn't even own lmao.

      That is what I find pathetic.

      Nexus 4 FTW !
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      ..

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      I've been on xda for the past year, and dude... LOL. I don't have any "romming pain". You find a custom rom, and stick with it if it fits your liking. EVERY PHONE TAKES A ROM DIFFERENT. SOME PHONES BUG OUT WHILE OTHERS IT IS FLAWLESS. The ROM I have been running is flawless on MY device, but for others it may not. And dude, THE LG OPTIMUS G IS THE WORST PHONE TO COMPARE TO THE NEXUS 4 WITH ROMS. The development team for the Optimus G is so WEAK, hell it doesn't even support official Cyanogen ROMS, all you get is unofficial bugged out ROMS.
      I just quickly fetched the a couple of roms from xda and scanned for their issues. Seems the roms are far from flawless. You must have the "special reality defying" mako that has no problems what so ever. BTW the LGOG and the nexus 4 share developers...

      [ROM][JB 4.2.2][PA3.15][AOKP-MR1][CM10.1]P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[28/03][V22.0.1] - xda-developers
      Wakelock and navbuttons causing system to crash.

      [ROM][AOSP] Primerunner - xda-developers
      Quick settings not working in landscape.

      CyanogenMod Downloads
      Seems cyanogen is still unofficial.


      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Get your facts straight dude. The Nexus 4 is a development phone, it wasn't made for consumers. The only people offering it is T-Mobile, and that was luck. Google WANTS YOU TO ROOT. It takes a simple command prompt to unlock your bootloader and your DONE. No need to wait months for a simple hack like the iphone just so you can put cydia on it. 99.9% of things on cydia I can run UNROOTED out of the box on my nexus.

      You can't just creep on a A forum for a few months, and come back here thinking that you know all the tips and tricks of rooting when you have the crappiest phone that has the smallest development support.
      I never asserted to know all the tips and tricks of rooting. Please don't put words in my mouth just so you can accuse me of being guilty of doing what you do.

      I suppose however that our two phones do show just how fragmented the Android landscape is... Same internals, same manufacture...according to you night and day difference in terms of experience.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      I paid for the 16GB model
      So your phone didn't cost you $299 after all? Why do you come here just to lie?

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      and I still have 5-6 GB's left and I bought this in November. I get 50GB free box storage, 5gb google drive, play music which all my songs are on the cloud, and allows up to 20k songs for free, any size.

      Get your facts straight. Do your research. I was an iPhone junkie.

      This is officially my last post on this thread lol. Apple worshipers are so ignorant of android because they think there phone is better than a top of the line android phone when it is jailbroken. Give me a break.
      I doubt that. You lie about everything else. Now you're just going to run away when the lies run out?

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      God Bless all of ya, dueces

      PS- You don't need an entire custom ROM to fix gamma. All you need is a simple kernel and adjust it to your liking.
      Awesome out of the box experience! Don't forget to root first!

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      My phone - 400$ (16GB Model) - support up to atleast the next 3 major versions of android, huge development team, Google applications are a breeze, and NO, there ISN'T LAG. I hate it when fanboys say every android phone has glitches an lags. Project butter anyone? Major overhaul to that situation.
      How exactly do you feel being robbed of screen real estate by your on screen buttons? Maybe if google charged more they could give you capacitive buttons instead of shrinking your screen size by 0.2 inches.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Your phone- 200$ contract (16gb model) 600-700$ off contract (16GB model) - Supports up to next 3-4 major release of iOS, wait countless months for a jailbreak, no google drive, play music, all you got is iTunes cloud service which you have to pay for even to put songs on the cloud.

      At the moment it is taking apple 7 major versions of iOS to (finally?) catch up to androids features. Get back to me when iOS 7 finally allows to to move apps wherever you want on your homescreen without a freaking jailbreak tweak lmao


      In my area I have no LTE and it isn't planning to come anytime soon.
      You're probably lying about that too.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      He is saying "facts" about a phone that he doesn't even own lmao.

      That is what I find pathetic.

      Nexus 4 FTW !
      I was talking about MY phone. You know...the LGOG you just trashed. I try to write at a grade 7 level to accommodate for your comprehension level but I guess that's too much for you. I'll try pictures next time.

      BTW so much for your last post in this thread. I guess this was last+1??
    1. IP IE ID IR O's Avatar
      IP IE ID IR O -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      ..

      I just quickly fetched the a couple of roms from xda and scanned for their issues. Seems the roms are far from flawless. You must have the "special reality defying" mako that has no problems what so ever. BTW the LGOG and the nexus 4 share developers...

      [ROM][JB 4.2.2][PA3.15][AOKP-MR1][CM10.1]P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[28/03][V22.0.1] - xda-developers
      Wakelock and navbuttons causing system to crash.

      [ROM][AOSP] Primerunner - xda-developers
      Quick settings not working in landscape.

      CyanogenMod Downloads
      Seems cyanogen is still unofficial.

      Cyanogen mod is unofficial, which means the guy who released it IS NOT PART OF THE CM TEAM. So no, the same devs don't work on the Nexus 4 and Optimus. There are a plethora of pages on xda of roms and kernels for the nexus 4. There is like what, a few pages? Of unofficial crapped out ROMS for your Optimus?


      I never asserted to know all the tips and tricks of rooting. Please don't put words in my mouth just so you can accuse me of being guilty of doing what you do.

      I suppose however that our two phones do show just how fragmented the Android landscape is... Same internals, same manufacture...according to you night and day difference in terms of experience.

      Not putting words in your mouth, just stop talking like you know android when you owned 1 phone which was a disaster of a phone to compare about root

      So your phone didn't cost you $299 after all? Why do you come here just to lie?

      The base model of a nexus 4 is $299. I did not say I owned the $299 model, I was simply stating the base price

      I doubt that. You lie about everything else. Now you're just going to run away when the lies run out?

      lmao "doubt" all you want. I don't stuff my phone with every little game out there. I have a Nexus 7 for that

      Awesome out of the box experience! Don't forget to root first!

      It was an awesome out of the box experience, and you act like rooting is a hassle LOL.

      This is what you type in a command terminal to gain root -

      fastboot oem unlock


      done! You are free.


      How exactly do you feel being robbed of screen real estate by your on screen buttons? Maybe if google charged more they could give you capacitive buttons instead of shrinking your screen size by 0.2 inches.

      Even if shrunk by 0.2 inches, its still bigger than your iPhone. As a matter of fact, I am running full screen on my nexus 4. Yes, there are apps for that.

      You're probably lying about that too.

      I live in Centereach NY, Long Island. Go ahead and look it up on AT&T's 4G/LTE maps. I have HSPA+ only. If you think I am lying about my address now, you have a lot of time on your hands.



      I was talking about MY phone. You know...the LGOG you just trashed. I try to write at a grade 7 level to accommodate for your comprehension level but I guess that's too much for you. I'll try pictures next time.

      Read the last paragraph you said and see how "your" and "phone".

      Your -6 times
      Phone-3

      How many times together to say "YOUR PHONE" - 3 times.


      BTW so much for your last post in this thread. I guess this was last+1??

      Swerve Apple fanboy
      ^^


      You can't back yourself up so all your going to say is that I am lying LOL. Ran out of facts dude? Goodbye. For real this time

      xoxoxoxo ;*
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Cyanogen mod is unofficial, which means the guy who released it IS NOT PART OF THE CM TEAM. So no, the same devs don't work on the Nexus 4 and Optimus. There are a plethora of pages on xda of roms and kernels for the nexus 4. There is like what, a few pages? Of unofficial crapped out ROMS for your Optimus?
      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      the Optimus G is so WEAK, hell it doesn't even support official Cyanogen ROMS
      You are really just talking out of your butt here. Please use more bold when you tell me why the N4 rom isn't official...but then call the Optimus weak for not having official support. Do you even read what you write?

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Not putting words in your mouth, just stop talking like you know android when you owned 1 phone which was a disaster of a phone to compare about root
      I've owned a Sony Experia, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and now a LGOG. Where do you get your information from? You just like to assume stuff and talk out of your butt. Honestly it looks like you need to stop talking like you know about anything.


      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      lmao "doubt" all you want. I don't stuff my phone with every little game out there. I have a Nexus 7 for that
      No all you do with your phone is bang it against your head.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      It was an awesome out of the box experience, and you act like rooting is a hassle LOL.
      No but downloading fauxclock and playing around with it to get decent gamma is. This is akin to having to jailbreak an iphone just to get normal features out of it.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      This is what you type in a command terminal to gain root -

      fastboot oem unlock


      done! You are free.
      Good for you!!! Now who's talking about rooting? Just you. I honestly don't know why you keep bringing rooting up. The root for my phone was a very easy process. Please try to stay on topic.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      How exactly do you feel being robbed of screen real estate by your on screen buttons? Maybe if google charged more they could give you capacitive buttons instead of shrinking your screen size by 0.2 inches.
      Ummm...having buttons on your screen takes away from what your screen can show. That's how you get robbed for screen by buttons.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Even if shrunk by 0.2 inches, its still bigger than your iPhone. As a matter of fact, I am running full screen on my nexus 4. Yes, there are apps for that.
      I don't have an iPhone. My LGOG with capacitive buttons has a larger screen than your N4 with on screen buttons!


      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Read the last paragraph you said and see how "your" and "phone".

      Your -6 times
      Phone-3

      How many times together to say "YOUR PHONE" - 3 times.

      BTW so much for your last post in this thread. I guess this was last+1??

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      He is saying "facts" about a phone that he doesn't even own lmao.
      I is saying "facts" about a phone I own. You really have trouble staying on topic. You just don't remember what was said in previous posts.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      Swerve Apple fanboy
      ^^
      I don't even own an iPhone or ipad. How am I a fanboy? Because I tell the truth while you make up stories? The whole android experience isn't as utopian as you'd make it out to be?

      That's the truth.

      Quote Originally Posted by IP IE ID IR O View Post
      You can't back yourself up so all your going to say is that I am lying LOL. Ran out of facts dude? Goodbye. For real this time

      xoxoxoxo ;*
      I back myself up with quotes and proof. You just talk out of your rear and do a great job of getting yourself confused. I love it when people publicly announce they aren't coming back to a thread then post multiple replies after. Like I said earlier; you don't need to respond because either way I know you read this.
    1. Breezer23's Avatar
      Breezer23 -
      And yet that is still more Android devices that are running it than iOS. Apple needs to loosen their grip on iOS. This is just another example of how you can do more on a non hacked Android device than you can on a Jailbroken iPhone.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
      And yet that is still more Android devices that are running it than iOS. Apple needs to loosen their grip on iOS. This is just another example of how you can do more on a non hacked Android device than you can on a Jailbroken iPhone.
      I have no desire to give Facebook even more access to my information.
    1. Retrolock's Avatar
      Retrolock -
      Who'd want facebook as their homescreen? Only android users I guess.
    1. emerica6708's Avatar
      emerica6708 -
      I'm a little late to this party, but IMO both companies should take a note out of the others book. I think Apple should give up a little control, maybe somehow work with the JBers to make their phones jail breakable without giving up security. I also think Android should somehow get a little more control over phones running their OS so that devs won't have to deal with as much fragmentation and there could be a little more security from malicious code/apps. I prefer a jailbroken iPhone over any kind of Android, but I don't want or care about widgets and things like that, I love apples basic UI layout but I love themes that change the look of the phone. Obviously some people don't, that's why Android is such large success. I love all the Apple tablets phones iPods and even the AppleTV, but I'm not a fan of Mac computers. I love pretty much everything Google has except Android.

      Pretty much comes down to different people, different phones.

      TL;DR, it doesn't matter.