• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • The Next Jailbreak May Come From iOS Hacker p0sixninja


    iOS hacker Joshua Hill, better known as p0sixninja and for his efforts in previous jailbreak tools made by the Chronic Dev Team, has announced early Friday morning that the next jailbreak for iOS may be created by him in its entirety.

    According to the hacker, he has been busy collecting several exploits over the course of the last few months that could potentially be used for a jailbreak. Hill isnít specific when he mentions them, but since he says the ďnextĒ jailbreak could be created entirely by him, we assume that his exploits are not used in evasi0n and therefore havenít yet been patched in iOS 6.1.3 like the evasi0n jailbreak has been.

    Hill goes on to explain that the evad3rs hacker team isnít going away. Hill simply appears to be confident enough in his own exploits and expresses that a jailbreak may be able to be produced with them some time in the future. Itís not known if Hill plans to use them for another future iOS 6 release, or if he is going to attempt to wait for iOS 7 to see if they will be of any help.

    Whether he chooses to save them for iOS 7 or not, it's still good news to hear that more exploits are being found. We know for a fact that the evad3rs also have a stockpile of exploits and it should be interesting to see if any of them can be used for iOS 7, which we all hope will be followed by a speedy jailbreak release.

    Sources: p0sixninja
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The Next Jailbreak May Come From iOS Hacker p0sixninja started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 59 Comments
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Great news!
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Re-Restore Option - YES
      6.1.3 Jailbreak - NO
      Wait for iOS 7 - IDK

      iOS 7 is 6 months away from being released. I'd rather see Apple update to 6.2 and then these peeps jailbreak 6.2 instead of waiting till mid-Sept.
      What makes you say that ios7 is 6 months away? What if apple releases the new iPhone in June with ios7 and jailbreak is released in 24 hours. That would be sweet.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      What makes you say that ios7 is 6 months away? What if apple releases the new iPhone in June with ios7 and jailbreak is released in 24 hours. That would be sweet.
      It's possible but, unfortunately, I feel like we'll be having another Sept/Oct release of the iPhone 5S. So, iOS 7 won't drop until then.
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Re-Restore Option - YES
      6.1.3 Jailbreak - NO
      Wait for iOS 7 - IDK

      iOS 7 is 6 months away from being released. I'd rather see Apple update to 6.2 and then these peeps jailbreak 6.2 instead of waiting till mid-Sept.
      I don't believe the re-restore option works in iOS 6, I believe that's why it was only from iOS 5.X to iOS 5.X
      Correct me if I'm wrong though
    1. mrwilson1992's Avatar
      mrwilson1992 -
      I saw this post late last night on tweetbot, Anyway.. It is good to see hill finding exploits, as well for the same for evaders with there "stockpile" of exploits. Do I think Hill should wait until IOS7?! In a way yes, then we wouldn't need to wait as long as we did with IOS 6. I believe if IOS7 were to be unteathered a few weeks to a month after release It would be a GREAT benefit for Jail breakers/Cydia due to how "some stuff" is new being made others well... are the same thing just by different people. So in other words I think It will Brighter the JB Community!

      Do I also thing another release of 6.x.x should be released. Yes, Anytime soon?! NO!

      If anything 6.2-ish -- There is no NEED to use "their" exploits for a stupid map update, siri.. ect... To me that is 1. stupid. 2. a waist of time! 3. FOOLISHNESS!

      We will be told of a new I Phone, and IOS7 soon enough.. So I say JUST WAIT!
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
      You make a point BUT, these devs bust their a55 to release these jb so why in the hell would they waste perfectly good exploits on say 6.1.3. If they were to use the exploits they have then when a bigger update drops who is to say they will be able to find exploits fast enough (before the next fw is dropped). Look how long it took to get an untethered jb for iOS 6. It would be great to see Jb's on every FW but its just not possible. It's not like there is a huge and well funded company out there with an endless supply of devs (like apple) working on these. It's a few highly motivated and intelligent few. Be grateful you have one at all.

      What we need is a restore/downgrade option like on iOS 5 (for A5 + chipsets).
      You're right! It would be nice to eventually have a downgrade option like the 4 and 3GS do. It would eventually be nice to have a permanent tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. I know that'll come down the road because they'll have to find problems in the boot rom.
    1. iphone4g-pro's Avatar
      iphone4g-pro -
      So when apple release IOS 7 that is the question !
      i think So JUST WAIT!
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
      I don't believe the re-restore option works in iOS 6, I believe that's why it was only from iOS 5.X to iOS 5.X
      Correct me if I'm wrong though
      You are correct.

      Myself (& others) are just hoping they'll be able to create a re-restore for iOS 6.x in case our device takes a wrong turn and crashes.
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      It's possible but, unfortunately, I feel like we'll be having another Sept/Oct release of the iPhone 5S. So, iOS 7 won't drop until then.
      http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/03...-at-wwdc-2013/
    1. Jeffwo's Avatar
      Jeffwo -
      Attachment 628481
      P0sixninja Will Hold Back His Jailbreak Exploits for iOS 7
      iClarified - Apple News - P0sixninja Will Hold Back His Jailbreak Exploits for iOS 7

      P0sixninja has revealed that he will not be using his jailbreak exploits to release a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3; rather, he will be holding them back for iOS 7 or iOS 7.1.

      Yesterday, the hacker tweeted that the 'the next jailbreak might be created entirely by me' saying that he had discovered all the needed exploits over the past few months.

      Commenting to iDesignTimes, p0sixninja says that he will definitely not release for iOS 6.x.

      "I will at least wait for 7.0, if not even 7.1"

      To that he added:

      "I've ... been working on it [a while]. Some of them [vulnerabilities] were ideas I had years ago, but everyone said I was crazy, and I've just started looking into them more and realizing I was right..."

      Attachment 628481
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Sounds like a good plan to me!
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Last year, we saw the same rumor regarding the iPhone 5 AND we even heard Tim Cook say he'd like to return to a July release but it was still unveiled in Sept.

      Therefore, I'm still thinking a Fall release...
    1. JPili's Avatar
      JPili -
      I think they should wait until 6.2 for a jailbreak. Most apps work with just 6.0 and only a handful need 6.1. I don't think any apps require any firmware higher than 6.1
    1. bradmullins007's Avatar
      bradmullins007 -
      Does anyone think we'll get a re-restore option for IOS 6? I think it looks a bit bleak, personally.
    1. King_O_Hill's Avatar
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
      I think they should wait until 6.2 for a jailbreak. Most apps work with just 6.0 and only a handful need 6.1. I don't think any apps require any firmware higher than 6.1
      That's just a waste of exploits. Finding a way to restore 6.1.2 would be better!

      Waiting until iOS 7 makes the most sense.
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
      I think they should wait until 6.2 for a jailbreak. Most apps work with just 6.0 and only a handful need 6.1. I don't think any apps require any firmware higher than 6.1
      No indication that there will ever be a 6.2. iOS 5 stopped at 5.1.1.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwo View Post
      Attachment 628481

      iClarified - Apple News - P0sixninja Will Hold Back His Jailbreak Exploits for iOS 7

      P0sixninja has revealed that he will not be using his jailbreak exploits to release a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3; rather, he will be holding them back for iOS 7 or iOS 7.1.

      Yesterday, the hacker tweeted that the 'the next jailbreak might be created entirely by me' saying that he had discovered all the needed exploits over the past few months.

      Commenting to iDesignTimes, p0sixninja says that he will definitely not release for iOS 6.x.

      "I will at least wait for 7.0, if not even 7.1"

      To that he added:

      "I've ... been working on it [a while]. Some of them [vulnerabilities] were ideas I had years ago, but everyone said I was crazy, and I've just started looking into them more and realizing I was right..."

      Attachment 628481
      Thank god someone is smart (p0sixninja).
    1. c0deName_ZERO's Avatar
      c0deName_ZERO -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      Wow this is surprising, yet splendid news!

      Let's see where this leads to in the upcoming days/weeks/months....
      ..
    1. djarkiz's Avatar
      djarkiz -
      Wooooohooooo =)
    1. Sir Suppa's Avatar
      Sir Suppa -
      This is fantastic news knowing that people are finding such other exploits in order to give the JB community what they want.