BBC has recently updated their BBC News iOS app to version 2.0. The update, which was much needed, fixes a number of annoying bug issues, including an issue where readers would sometimes see duplicate stories next to each other. As for the new features of BBC News 2.0, the app now has a number of UI tweaks to make discovering and viewing news much easier.
Users will see larger images with stories and now also have the ability to pull the news feed down to refresh it. This change is much welcomed since users are used to refreshing feeds in other apps in a similar manner. The 2.0 update also sees a new portrait mode in the ability to edit, organize, or remove news categories for the iPad app. This wasn’t all though. Users can see the full release notes below:
- A new portrait view for iPad to allow you to view more stories. We've also added an edit button so you can add, remove or re-order categories of stories to suit your interests
- Changes to the iPhone home screen to include larger images with stories
- Pull down to refresh the home screen or stories so you're always up to date with the latest news
- Better integration for sharing with Facebook and Twitter
- Much improved integration with VoiceOver