• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 5 Comes to T-Mobile April 12


    More than five years after Apple's groundbreaking iPhone debuted exclusively on AT&T in the United States (before later expanding to Verizon and Sprint) it's now official. Subscribers of T-Mobile will have access to Apple's iPhone 5 beginning April 12th.

    As widely anticipated in recent days, Apple's new partnership with T-Mobile will likely provide a tremendous boost to the nation's fourth largest carrier.

    On Tuesday at T-Mobile's "uncarrier" event, the company confirmed that it wants to set itself apart from leading rivals AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. In order to do that, T-Mobile will offer a 16-gigabyte iPhone 5 for just $99 up front, followed by 24 monthly payments of $20.

    Although the iPhone officially goes on sale at T-Mobile on April 12th, preorders begin next Friday, April 5th.

    "The revamped No. 4 carrier is still the underdog," writes Ina Fried of AllThingsD, "but now the company has some of the pieces it has long been missing. T-Mobile has been readying an LTE network, making plans to stop subsidizing new phones, and has struck a deal to start selling the iPhone."

    Source: AllThingsD
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 5 Comes to T-Mobile April 12 started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 57 Comments
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Is the phone going to be unlocked? Are they offering unlimited data? Are they allowing FaceTime on unlimited data?

      Would they go half with me on paying AT&T the ETF?
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      The iphone will be locked until you are finished paying it off.

      T-Mobile handsets will remain network locked, can be freed when the device is yours
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      That is pretty stupid on T-Mo's part. I'm a infrequent traveler and would've like to use my iPhone in India while I'm there for 15 days within my 2 year contract period.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Is the phone going to be unlocked? Are they offering unlimited data? Are they allowing FaceTime on unlimited data?

      Would they go half with me on paying AT&T the ETF?
      They have unlimited data for Android phones, so I don't see why not.
    1. zeroskater61's Avatar
      zeroskater61 -
      So $99 up front plus $20 for 20 months comes out to $400.
      So your actually buying a 16GB iPhone 5 for $499 with a 2yr contract am guessing which is why they would ask for you to pay $20 a month for 20 months since it kinda is the 2yrs just 4months shorter.
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      Where is unison99???

      Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
      Where is unison99???
      😳#9
    1. thunderwolf333's Avatar
      thunderwolf333 -
      Finallllyyyyy!! But will it be jailbreakable? Do you guys think it will come with 6.1.2 or 6.1.3??
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
      So $99 up front plus $20 for 20 months comes out to $400.
      So your actually buying a 16GB iPhone 5 for $499 with a 2yr contract am guessing which is why they would ask for you to pay $20 a month for 20 months since it kinda is the 2yrs just 4months shorter.
      I didn't read anything about a 2 year contract. Where'd you get that info from?

      Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
      Finallllyyyyy!! But will it be jailbreakable? Do you guys think it will come with 6.1.2 or 6.1.3??
      I'd think 6.1.3.
    1. flintoff's Avatar
      flintoff -
      is this gonna be same as att ?? cuz i have att iphone 5 and i want to have speedy data on my iphone .. please let me know other wise i would just sell my phone and get tmobil iphone
    1. Channan's Avatar
      Channan -
      Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
      So $99 up front plus $20 for 20 months comes out to $400.
      So your actually buying a 16GB iPhone 5 for $499 with a 2yr contract am guessing which is why they would ask for you to pay $20 a month for 20 months since it kinda is the 2yrs just 4months shorter.
      24 months. $580. Still $70 cheaper than full price at Apple.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Goodbye, T-Mobile Unlimited Data...
    1. Mrquarter's Avatar
      Mrquarter -
      You don't really save vs the other carriers.
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      I like the idea of them selling the phone for full price and not a subsidized amount... If that is going to help them maintain low prices with their services... It may even become a new business model for other carriers to follow... I personally would rather pail full retail price for phones if the carriers would lower their prices on plans... Time will tell how their plan works... When I jail broke and unlocked the iphone 3G years ago, T-mobile was the only other option aside from AT&T... They were really great... No contract, no deposit, month to month, and I had a unlimited data only plan for a lil over 20 a month... A google voice number and I was smooth sailing on an iPhone for about 80% less $ than AT&T... It was on the Edge network which was kinda slow... But still, T-Mo rocks and has been helping iPhone users out since the first iPhone unlock... Bout time they got in the game for real... Glad AT&T didn't buy them out...
    1. daytonaviolet's Avatar
      daytonaviolet -
      If you want non subsidized prices you can get unlocked iPhones now from apple and use Tmobile sim. 3G, 4G any LTE works in some area. I'm ready to switch if the call/data plans are much cheaper then AT&T. Else, I'd wait a while until t-mobile sorts out the details
    1. Spyruf's Avatar
      Spyruf -
      might want to change the image so it doesn't show the 3G on the iphone, it could be a little deceiving
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      ^^^ Ditto, I have the same plan, grandfathered in (since they were Voicestream many years ago) at $19.99 a month for unlimited everything, no throttling, truly unlimited. And one of the best things for me is that here in Phoenix they have turned on 4G and LTE today, yippee. Finally...
    1. Sage I's Avatar
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      ^^^ Ditto, I have the same plan, grandfathered in (since they were Voicestream many years ago) at $19.99 a month for unlimited everything, no throttling, truly unlimited. And one of the best things for me is that here in Phoenix they have turned on 4G and LTE today, yippee. Finally...
      Damn blkcadi! You probably have the best smartphone plan in existence... That's cool that u got 4G and LTE now too... We're you still on edge? In Hawaii they were still on edge for the longest time... I was actually kinda sad when I left T-Moblie for Verizon 2 years ago... It was nice to move up to 3G, but I liked my bill better with T-Mo...
    1. nerdherder's Avatar
      nerdherder -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      That is pretty stupid on T-Mo's part. I'm a infrequent traveler and would've like to use my iPhone in India while I'm there for 15 days within my 2 year contract period.
      So just unlock it. I unlocked mine for $8 online, just because it's technically illegal doesnt mean they will come after you. As long as you dont unlock it to jump ship prematurely you'll be fine.
    1. crouching's Avatar
      crouching -
      So if there is no contract then can't I just purchase the phone out right from tmobile and use it on a pre-paid plan?
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
      So if there is no contract then can't I just purchase the phone out right from tmobile and use it on a pre-paid plan?
      Yup.