• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Study Reveals iPhone 5 Users and Galaxy S III Users Are Quite Alike


    A new study regarding iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S III users suggests that they may be more similar to each other than they would think. Just like how Apple and Samsung go head to head on the courts, users of the devices sometimes do the same on the Internet. The study was based off of 500 iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S III user surveys conducted back in January and February; the report was released by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners.

    According to respondents of the report, phone calls and email are not used as heavily as texting and browsing the web for users from both brands. 80-90 percent of iPhone and Galaxy S III owners text on their phones several times a day, whereas 75 percent of Galaxy S III users and more than 80 percent of iPhone users use the Internet multiple times a day. But it was reported that more Samsung users utilized the phone and email feature more than iPhone users, although response rates were close.

    There was a ten percent difference in the two brands when it came to game playing and photo taking- almost 80 percent of iPhone users reported to be frequent phone gamers compared to only about 70 percent of Galaxy S III users saying the same. When it came to owning an iPad, iPhone owners were twice as likely to own it and Galaxy S III owners were twice as likely to own Android tablets.

    Galaxy S III owners tend to upgrade their phones within Android platforms. More Android users switch over to the iPhone (about one in five owned Droid devices previously) compared to iPhone users switching over to Droid devices (about one in eleven Galaxy S III buyers used the iPhone previously).

    When it came to carrier distribution, more than 50 percent of iPhone respondents were on AT&T, about 35 percent on Verizon and a little over 10 percent were on Sprint. But for Galaxy S III respondents, it was basically even amongst AT&T, Verizon T-Mobile and Sprint.

    The overall report in differences was not all that significant between iPhone and Galaxy S III owners. Does this mean the battle between the fans of the two devices could end since users are not really that different from one another? We’ll let you decide.

    Source: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Study Reveals iPhone 5 Users and Galaxy S III Users Are Quite Alike started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 81 Comments
    1. chiraagnt's Avatar
      chiraagnt -
      Apple and iPhone have to innovate more! But the extent of how integrated iOS is with the phone make iPhone the winner overall! Amazing phone and great choice I made changing to this from HTC incredible S II
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Imagine that.
    1. xhazex9x's Avatar
      xhazex9x -
      Wow i woulda never guessed people used their phones for texting and browsing cool story bro
    1. GibMcfragger's Avatar
      GibMcfragger -
      Thx for the info, but its basically what we already knew. People hardly call any more (on average). The S3 and iPhone are basically the same and are made to perform the same tasks. I personally may hate Samsuck and everything they make, but they offer another choice for people as well as keeping competition strong for Apple.
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      Quote Originally Posted by chiraagnt View Post
      Apple and iPhone have to innovate more! But the extent of how integrated iOS is with the phone make iPhone the winner overall! Amazing phone and great choice I made changing to this from HTC incredible S II
      how is iOS more integrated into the iPhone than Android is into the S3 that (in your opinion) make the iPhone the winner? when there are so many simple tasks that the iPhone simply cannot do or cannot do with ease and simplicity.
    1. chiraagnt's Avatar
      chiraagnt -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      how is iOS more integrated into the iPhone than Android is into the S3 that (in your opinion) make the iPhone the winner? when there are so many simple tasks that the iPhone simply cannot do or cannot do with ease and simplicity.
      Idk the feeling one gets or at least IMO is that android is very 'clunky'. Like iOS is seamless integration. Then again my phone had to be jailbroken to maximize the capabilities of iOS so who knows...
    1. b1997469's Avatar
      b1997469 -
      Thats just in America. DO the survey worldwide and it'll be a different story.

      Out of everyone I know they either started on Android or moved from iPhone to Android. I'm the only one still using an iPhone coz I cant afford a S3/S4 yet. As soon as I can I will also be going to Android.
    1. The_13th_Plague's Avatar
      The_13th_Plague -
      Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
      Thats just in America. DO the survey worldwide and it'll be a different story.

      Out of everyone I know they either started on Android or moved from iPhone to Android. I'm the only one still using an iPhone coz I cant afford a S3/S4 yet. As soon as I can I will also be going to Android.
      You're circle of people must be rather small....or it really is just you and me using iPhones.
    1. cgfusion's Avatar
      cgfusion -
      One big difference, Samsung users are blind and don't look at the facts when a report comes out about Apple or samsung. Apple users IQ's (a documented study by a foreign company) are higher by over 18%.
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
      One big difference, Samsung users are blind and don't look at the facts when a report comes out about Apple or samsung. Apple users IQ's (a documented study by a foreign company) are higher by over 18%.
      +10
    1. chiraagnt's Avatar
      chiraagnt -
      Quote Originally Posted by The_13th_Plague View Post
      You're circle of people must be rather small....or it really is just you and me using iPhones.
      He's kinda right yknow.. Some places are the opposite. I live in Singapore and many people have changed from iOS to android..
    1. bisayakid07's Avatar
      bisayakid07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
      One big difference, Samsung users are blind and don't look at the facts when a report comes out about Apple or samsung. Apple users IQ's (a documented study by a foreign company) are higher by over 18%.
      +👍
    1. Mohit555's Avatar
      Mohit555 -
      Ios is tailor made for just one phone. The iphone. Whereas each version of android runs on hundreds of type of devices. Thats how. Thats why there are less crashes, less 'force closes' and improved overall stability. The difference between mass produced one and custom fit clothing is the difference between the two OSes..
      He talks about better integration. Not functionality.

      Ive barely seen anyone owning an iphone because its more affordable than the others..
      Infact most of the android device users that i know (not s3 or other top offerings by phone manufacturers) own a droid because they couldnt afford the apple.
      Sell your iphone. M sure it'll go for a lot more than the price of a second hand s3. Who knows, u might be able to buy 2 s3's given their resale value as compared to iphone's.
    1. patoons's Avatar
      patoons -
      i wonder if honda and toyota users both use their cars to drive to and from work or school, and listen to music in their car
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
      Ios is tailor made for just one phone. The iphone. Whereas each version of android runs on hundreds of type of devices. Thats how. Thats why there are less crashes, less 'force closes' and improved overall stability. The difference between mass produced one and custom fit clothing is the difference between the two OSes..
      He talks about better integration. Not functionality.

      Ive barely seen anyone owning an iphone because its more affordable than the others..
      Infact most of the android device users that i know (not s3 or other top offerings by phone manufacturers) own a droid because they couldnt afford the apple.
      Sell your iphone. M sure it'll go for a lot more than the price of a second hand s3. Who knows, u might be able to buy 2 s3's given their resale value as compared to iphone's.
      Well, you could argue that Samsung tailor makes their own version of Android (touchwiz) to better integrate it to their devices than plain vanilla android. Of course some would say they do more harm then good with their own UI.
    1. glgbnaf's Avatar
      glgbnaf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Imagine that.
      ya really i thought apple v/s android devices were at war???? saying who's better apple is by far, look what phone has higher resale value on ebay!! not a plastic android device!!!
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by glgbnaf View Post
      ya really i thought apple v/s android devices were at war???? saying who's better apple is by far, look what phone has higher resale value on ebay!! not a plastic android device!!!
      You buy your phone based on resale value? I just throw mine in the drawer with all the rest.
    1. glgbnaf's Avatar
      glgbnaf -
      nope just like my iphone had the 3GS and waited for a new one till the 5 but had a droid razr android and the razr was a nightmare and was the worst device ever

      oh ya i put the razr im my drawer with all the rest too lol
    1. Schnedi's Avatar
      Schnedi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Well, you could argue that Samsung tailor makes their own version of Android (touchwiz) to better integrate it to their devices than plain vanilla android. Of course some would say they do more harm then good with their own UI.

      when will they realize Touchwiz is a big s***? the s4 with Vanilla would be amazing!!


      funny how apple fans never stop saying iphone is better... you know that's not true!!
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      You buy your phone based on resale value? I just throw mine in the drawer with all the rest.
      I don't buy my phone solely on that but it sure is nice selling your phone one nextworth 2.5 years after it's release for $180.