• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Retina iPad mini Expected in Q3 2013


    Sources close to the Asian supply chain indicate that shipments of Apple's first-generation iPad mini remain strong. Consequently, the company is moving ahead with plans to roll out the second-generation iPad mini during the third quarter of this year.

    As anticipated, the second-generation product will be largely differentiated from its predecessor by Retina display - an all-but-assured new attribute of the iPad mini refresh purportedly coming in late summer or early fall.

    Japanese tech news sites CNYes and Macotakara indicate that iPad mini has seen a surprisingly consistent rate of demand since its introduction in late 2012. As a result, Apple's current expectations call for 55 million iPad mini units to ship during 2013.

    Initially, Apple was expected to roll out an iPad mini refresh in the spring. But with demand not waning, Apple is now on course to release the second-gen iPad mini closer to the iPad 5's market introduction, which could also come during the third quarter, sources indicate.

    Source: Makotakara
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Retina iPad mini Expected in Q3 2013 started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
    1. garfielgato2's Avatar
      garfielgato2 -
      I will definitely buy it.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      I would buy it but I need to upgrade to that crappy 5s so ill be waiting a couple of months for the Mini 2
    1. slayorktc's Avatar
      slayorktc -
      Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
      I will definitely buy it.
      I second that.. Unfortunately it will be running iOS 7 and will have to wait for another jailbreak...
    1. novadam's Avatar
      novadam -
      will buy on first day. no question.
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Another for the collection lol
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      I'm waiting for the 5th gen iPad and iPhone 5S Not too interested in the mini.
    1. TimInMass's Avatar
      TimInMass -
      Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
      I'm waiting for the 5th gen iPad and iPhone 5S Not too interested in the mini.
      What is the 5th generation iPad going to offer over the 4th gen?
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by TimInMass View Post
      What is the 5th generation iPad going to offer over the 4th gen?
      Faster processor, and supposedly going to have an iPad mini type look to it. I've used the 4th gen alot and the A6X is one beast of a processor, but instead of buying one now, I'd rather hold off as a refresh is probably coming soon anyways
    1. holyshnikes's Avatar
      holyshnikes -
      I wish they'd at least wait a full year...I got mine back at Christmas. From a consumer stand point, they should wait at least a year to update.
    1. vbx's Avatar
      vbx -
      Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
      I wish they'd at least wait a full year...I got mine back at Christmas. From a consumer stand point, they should wait at least a year to update.
      Why? If they can come out with something new or a refresh every 6 months, they should. If I'm in the market for an iPad today, I'd rather have something that's 4 months old rather than something that's 10 months old.
    1. KaarinaTuulola's Avatar
      KaarinaTuulola -
      that would definitly rock i only wonder how much cost it would in market.....
    1. D3@TH's Avatar
      D3@TH -
      To bad I can't exchange my none retina iPad mini for the retina
    1. highboi's Avatar
      highboi -
      Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
      Why? If they can come out with something new or a refresh every 6 months, they should. If I'm in the market for an iPad today, I'd rather have something that's 4 months old rather than something that's 10 months old.
      4 months or 10 months, no difference. Specs are practically the same, unless your wowed by a slightly faster/unnoticeable processor speeds
    1. vbx's Avatar
      vbx -
      Quote Originally Posted by highboi View Post
      4 months or 10 months, no difference. Specs are practically the same, unless your wowed by a slightly faster/unnoticeable processor speeds
      There is a difference...you just said it yourself. Take the iPad as an example. Why would I take the 3rd gen iPad instead of the 4th gen iPad if I'm buying one today?
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Quote Originally Posted by highboi View Post
      4 months or 10 months, no difference. Specs are practically the same, unless your wowed by a slightly faster/unnoticeable processor speeds
      Every generation has had noticeably faster processor speeds. I know - I've themed just about every generation