• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • YourTube for iOS 6 Released!


    Last week, CocoaNuts announced that YourTube for iOS 6 was coming soon. YourTube allows YouTube power-users to add many great features to YouTube on iOS. The tweak has finally been released Tuesday with full iOS 6 support, and it works from Google’s YouTube application from the App Store.

    Some of the features YourTube adds to the YouTube application include:

    • YouTube video downloading for offline viewing
    • Accelerated download speeds
    • Ad-blockers for video ads, banner ads, and brandings
    • Ignoring restrictions for videos
    • Always enabling AirPlay
    • Importing downloaded videos to the media library with Gremlin (now 20x faster)
    • Import video or just audio to music library
    • Reverse syncing for syncing downloaded media to iTunes
    • Selecting playback quality
    • Selecting download quality
    • An interface built into the YouTube application

    Check out the animated gif below to see the interface in action:



    YourTube for iOS 6 adds the popular video-downloading feature, which will display a white progress circle showing your download progress. You will be able to select the video quality before you download:



    Video quality is not only chosen for downloads, but also for streaming. Being able to choose the streaming quality ensures that you have full control over what you think is the optimal quality for your Internet connection, rather than letting the application decide for you:



    After downloading a video, tap on the blue arrow beside it to bring up the iOS 6 share menu that allows you to import either the video, or the video’s audio only to your media library using the integrated Gremlin software. Anything you import can be reverse-synced to your iTunes library on your computer:



    From the settings application, you can manage your ad-blocking, video restrictions, and max number of simultaneous connections:



    Note that YourTube for iOS 6 comes with a download acceleration feature that promises faster video downloads than any other YouTube downloader for iOS. The interface is nicely painted right into the stock YouTube interface, making for a seamless experience for any YouTube power-user.

    YourTube for iOS 6 does not yet support 1080p, however it is under development. YourTube for iOS 6 works great on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.

    If you own YourTube or YourTube HD already, YourTube for iOS 6 is a completely free upgrade for you. If you don't own it yet, YourTube for iOS 6 will cost you $3.99 for the next 3 days, and then go up to $4.99 when the sale is over. The tweak is now available in Cydia's BigBoss repository!

    Name: YourTube for iOS 6
    Price: $3.99 limited time (soon $4.99)
    Version: 6.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 6, YouTube app
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: CocoaNuts
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: YourTube for iOS 6 Released! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
    1. GuiltyGearIsaac's Avatar
      GuiltyGearIsaac -
      I just use McTube instead of the YouTube app.
    1. regkilla's Avatar
      regkilla -
      It does download videos fast. I just downloaded a 3 minute 720p video in about 10 seconds!
    1. Sk37cH's Avatar
      Sk37cH -
      I was a big fan of this app back on 3x and 4x days. The only thing I disliked was the expensive upgrade fee every JB. I think I purchased this 3 times I brought protube, and protube extension, but the extension fails to work for me. I contacted the developer and he wasn't too interested in helping me, even though I own nearly every product he's developed. I even did a fresh restore based on his advice, and it didn't help. This however does work, and even better, there's no upgrade fee this time. Thank you for a sleek, functioning product.
    1. IChi1d's Avatar
      IChi1d -
      just picked it up, sweet.
    1. Wiiman20's Avatar
      Wiiman20 -
      Wait... What if I already have ProTube? Which is better?
    1. regkilla's Avatar
      regkilla -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wiiman20 View Post
      Wait... What if I already have ProTube? Which is better?
      YourTube
    1. nityanandachandra's Avatar
      nityanandachandra -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
      I was a big fan of this app back on 3x and 4x days. The only thing I disliked was the expensive upgrade fee every JB. I think I purchased this 3 times I brought protube, and protube extension, but the extension fails to work for me. I contacted the developer and he wasn't too interested in helping me, even though I own nearly every product he's developed. I even did a fresh restore based on his advice, and it didn't help. This however does work, and even better, there's no upgrade fee this time. Thank you for a sleek, functioning product.
      Do you realize that protube and yourtube are different apps by different developers?
    1. Sk37cH's Avatar
      Sk37cH -
      Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
      Do you realize that protube and yourtube are different apps by different developers?
      Yes. Read again
    1. dannyhex's Avatar
      dannyhex -
      Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
      Do you realize that protube and yourtube are different apps by different developers?
      Did u even bother to read his message he said protube sucked basically and he liked Yourtube. Did not say they were from one dev.
    1. keenpois0n's Avatar
      keenpois0n -
      I think cocoanuts are turning around..great new tweaks, updating their old stuff (for no fee!) and having generally bug free products. I really hope through iOS 6's updates and the eventual iOS 7, that these guys can update their packages without missing whole revisions. now we wait for celeste!

      About this tweak..it is pretty good! They'll need to sell their product pretty well to have a chance at beating protube, I mean the whole $3 price tag difference and all.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
      I think cocoanuts are turning around..great new tweaks, updating their old stuff (for no fee!) and having generally bug free products. I really hope through iOS 6's updates and the eventual iOS 7, that these guys can update their packages without missing whole revisions. now we wait for celeste!

      About this tweak..it is pretty good! They'll need to sell their product pretty well to have a chance at beating protube, I mean the whole $3 price tag difference and all.
      Problem with ProTube is you have to buy Bridge separately to import videos. So the prices are technically very close.
    1. ProfessorJack's Avatar
      ProfessorJack -
      This app don't convert videos to iTunes music format
      Pro tube will do this

      Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
      This app don't convert videos to iTunes music format
      Pro tube will do this
      O wait a min I see now if I'm now reading this wright I can plug into my mac and sync with iTunes ?

      Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
      This app don't convert videos to iTunes music format
      Pro tube will do this



      O wait a min I see now if I'm now reading this wright I can plug into my mac and sync with iTunes ?


      Ok this music import thing I've not got a clue how it works

      I opened up the phone and dragged it into a folder
      Added it to iTunes and it was still in video format not AAC
      I then converted it to AAC

      It's the same kind of messing around as protube how ever protube when you hit the download
      And convert to AAC it dose it with ease
    1. DC_Dave's Avatar
      DC_Dave -
      Hi, just tried on iOS6 and the video import works well.
      However, for those of us Cocoanuts customers still on iOS4 or 5, we need YourTube 3 changing from version 3.0.1 to 3.1b-4 and its associated Gremlin file version 2.0i-2 which have both been recently removed off the cocoanuts repo
    1. westbaer's Avatar
      westbaer -
      Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
      This app don't convert videos to iTunes music format
      Pro tube will do this



      O wait a min I see now if I'm now reading this wright I can plug into my mac and sync with iTunes ?





      Ok this music import thing I've not got a clue how it works

      I opened up the phone and dragged it into a folder
      Added it to iTunes and it was still in video format not AAC
      I then converted it to AAC

      It's the same kind of messing around as protube how ever protube when you hit the download
      And convert to AAC it dose it with ease
      YourTube is actually capable of doing this.
      Tap on the blue '>' and select 'Import Audio to Music Library'.
    1. shahrukh0078's Avatar
      shahrukh0078 -
      hi..when the phone is in locked mode. It's not able to download and again i have download from start. help....
    1. bsltiger's Avatar
      bsltiger -
      Does this enable me to run the YouTube app in the background?
    1. Sk37cH's Avatar
      Sk37cH -
      Quote Originally Posted by bsltiger View Post
      Does this enable me to run the YouTube app in the background?
      Yes. I can confirm it plays downloaded content in the background, but just as I experience with ProTube, you must hit play again after you exit to your home screen. Thank you.
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      I have protube, gets the job done. Good to see competition though 👍

      Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
      Yes. I can confirm it plays downloaded content in the background, but just as I experience with ProTube, you must hit play again after you exit to your home screen. Thank you.
      With MCP you can force video back grounding, I don't have to hit play I can switch apps, go to home screen etc and it never stops

      Edit* PS you can also watch streaming videos in the background as well
    1. Janet55's Avatar
      Janet55 -
      used to use the Jasmine
      Hmm, still hope the official one can be great, though I sometimes use the free youtube downloader from ifunia to download videos and have Jasmine.
    1. Lungs's Avatar
      Lungs -
      Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
      I have protube, gets the job done. Good to see competition though 
      With MCP you can force video back grounding, I don't have to hit play I can switch apps, go to home screen etc and it never stops
      Edit* PS you can also watch streaming videos in the background as well
      What is MCP? Is this the app name?
      Thanks.