Rumor has it that Apple will be launching the new generation iPhone with a 4.8-inch screen which competes with Android smartphones that are similar in size. Due to these speculations, Steve Hemmerstoffer of Nowehereelse.fr and Martin Hajek delivered what they thought the 4-8 inch screened iPhone 6 may look like with a touch of their own creativity:
- Due to a bigger screen, an additional column of apps could be added to the Home screen and instead of 4 apps on the dock there would be 5.
- An ultra-thin/sleek design
- Instead of iPhone’s current Home button, it would be replaced with a clickable display- which was inspired by the clickable trackpad currently on the MacBook.
- Although with a bigger screen, it would be a 4.8 inch edge to edge display so that the size of the phone wouldn’t be increased proportionally
- The casing on the back of the phone would have chamfered edges and anodized aluminum coating- inspired by the iPod touch 5G/iPad Mini
Based on recent speculation, it is probably unlikely Apple will release the bigger iPhone anytime soon and in 2013. The iPhone 5s which is the unofficial name of the next generation iPhone is expected to be no different than the current iPhone 5. The only differences are said to be better camera quality, a faster processor and other improved internal systems.
What are you looking for in the next generation iPhone?