• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 3GS Jailbreak - redsn0w 0.8 - DevTeam Style


    While geohot may have beaten the DevTeam to a 3GS jailbreak, they were not far behind - redsn0w 0.8 (the DevTeam's official jailbreak tool for all 3.0+ iDevices) has just been released, and is compatible with the iPhone 3GS.

    Oh, and check it out - works on Linux too!

    EDIT: To clarify, this is NOT compatible with 3.1 - 3.0 only.

    redsn0w is a easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G/3GS and also the iPod touch(1st generation and second generation). Currently it is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
    Windows Guide HERE
    OS X Guide HERE


    The downloads are available via:
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 3GS Jailbreak - redsn0w 0.8 - DevTeam Style started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 164 Comments
    1. seankeith's Avatar
      seankeith -
      Question:
      When browsing for my ipsw firmware, it is an iPhone 3G[S] obviously running on 3.0 OS. It is asking to select my firmware, but I do not have the downloaded 3.0 file, or at least cant find it when browsing. Should I have the 3.0 file even though my 3G[S] came with 3.0?
      Thanks for the help,
      Dave
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by seankeith View Post
      Question:
      When browsing for my ipsw firmware, it is an iPhone 3G[S] obviously running on 3.0 OS. It is asking to select my firmware, but I do not have the downloaded 3.0 file, or at least cant find it when browsing. Should I have the 3.0 file even though my 3G[S] came with 3.0?
      Thanks for the help,
      Dave
      you should download it

      Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
      Does anyone know when this will be compatible with 3Gs because I know it works for 3G

      thanks
      THIS IS FOR THE 3GS NOT THE OLD IPHONE 3G READ THE TITLE AS WELL AS THE ARTICLE lol.enjoy
    1. fiya's Avatar
      fiya -
      worked like a charm on xp
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
      Tricker3g
      Does anyone know when this will be compatible with 3Gs because I know it works for 3G
      thanks
      This will need some mobile substrate modifications and updates to work again.
      Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post


      THIS IS FOR THE 3GS NOT THE OLD IPHONE 3G READ THE TITLE AS WELL AS THE ARTICLE lol.enjoy
      He was talking about Tricker3g...dont yell!
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      grr anyone here got a fix for waiting for reboot?
    1. bluefire7321's Avatar
      bluefire7321 -
      im still waiting also to see if anyone will respond to our waiting for reboot problem but nobody has.
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7321 View Post
      im still waiting also to see if anyone will respond to our waiting for reboot problem but nobody has.
      yea purple ra1n jb fine this one is giving me the waiting for reboot issue =/ on 2 different computers i even restored and then tried no go!
    1. bluefire7321's Avatar
      bluefire7321 -
      damn yeah ive tried a bunch of things from changing the usb port to plugging it into a lower powered hub to closing everything to using it on another mac...
    1. maiko914's Avatar
      maiko914 -
      i have tried to jailbreak several times, but no luck! I go through the process and after it states "waiting for reboot" the phone just stays off. any suggestions anyone.
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      same here i wish some one will help us out,seems this is a common problem as a few of us are getting it =/

      i had no issues with redsnow for my 3g
    1. bluefire7321's Avatar
      bluefire7321 -
      the thing that confuses me is that a MOD or higher level dev team partner i would think would be monitoring this post and checking for common bugs and what n0t.
    1. biljol's Avatar
      biljol -
      Try to rerun redsn0w with out doing anyting to the phone. I had that issue before and just rerun.
    1. Brandon's Avatar
      Brandon -
      PurpleRain works flawlessly for me, no reason to upgrade.
    1. bluefire7321's Avatar
      bluefire7321 -
      that made no sense
    1. tonyph33r's Avatar
      tonyph33r -
      appstore wont work after useing redsn0w it wont connect at all i try to resetting but still not working any one have the same problem?
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      Thanks Dev Team I always appreciate your efforts.

      I will try it when i get home tonight.
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7321 View Post
      that made no sense
      yea it sure made no sense anyone else?
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
      same here i wish some one will help us out,seems this is a common problem as a few of us are getting it =/

      i had no issues with redsnow for my 3g
      Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7321 View Post
      the thing that confuses me is that a MOD or higher level dev team partner i would think would be monitoring this post and checking for common bugs and what n0t.
      If you find bugs with any Dev Team program, Report the problem on the Dev-Team Blog
    1. tonyph33r's Avatar
      tonyph33r -
      Quote Originally Posted by maiko914 View Post
      i have tried to jailbreak several times, but no luck! I go through the process and after it states "waiting for reboot" the phone just stays off. any suggestions anyone.
      i has the same problem with vista 64-bit and i try on windows xp 32-bit it work fine now
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyph33r View Post
      i has the same problem with vista 64-bit and i try on windows xp 32-bit it work fine now
      i tried both 64 bit windows 7

      then windows xp 32 bit same issue