• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring


    You know what’s annoying sometimes? – When you respring your iOS device, the brightness always seems to go all the way down, and then it takes forever to re-correct itself after the device starts back up again. Sometimes it doesn’t even re-correct itself; sometimes the glitch doesn't even happen at all. This annoyance makes it really hard to see your display after a respring, and sometimes you have to adjust your screen brightness manually just to see it.

    The glitch occurs on iOS 6 when developers don't update jailbreak tweaks to respring by killing backboard instead of killing SpringBoard. On iOS 5, the method to respring was kill SpringBoard, while on iOS 6, developers should respring by killing backboard.

    The bug becomes a real pain after a while, and I don't know about you, but I'm about fed up with it. For those of you that agree, you'll want to grab a new free jailbreak tweak that fixes this problem, and it’s called BrightnessFix for iOS 6 by iOS developer Jonas Gessner.

    After you install the tweak, the brightness may go down at the beginning of a respring, but by the time the device starts back up, the brightness returns to the level that it was at before initiating the respring. In other words, you've cured the annoying brightness glitch!

    The idea of the jailbreak community generating home-brew fixes for iOS is wonderful; just recently, a tweak fixing a crashing issue for the Contacts application was released, and before that, a tweak fixing an issue causing lots of junk files to accumulate after each respring was released.

    The tweak is available right now at no cost in the ModMyi repository of Cydia. Go and get it!

    Name: BrightnessFix for iOS 6
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Jonas Gessner
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 98 Comments
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      [QUOTE=thazsar;6786461]Here you go, Zok!



      It works!

      I also want to note that turning my screen off and on never worked for me. It wasn't so hard to do though because of Brightness Activator Action.
    1. ZSakowski's Avatar
      ZSakowski -
      Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
      Was a tweak really necessary? Why not just turn off the screen then turn it back on? This always fixed my screen, but is doing that such a hard thing to do?
      This doesn't always work...

      Has this tweak been pulled from Cydia?
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      [QUOTE=thazsar;6786461]Here you go, Zok!


      Is this the deb to the original one before they pulled from Cydia?
    1. ukblake's Avatar
      ukblake -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Is it really necessary to create more work for yourself when a tweak will fix it for you?

      haha
      Hey Anthony, off topic, but I am having a hard time finding this tweak in Cydia. I have tried in search and I have looked in Modmyi's repo and it is not showing up. Any suggestions. Thanks.

      Quote Originally Posted by ukblake View Post
      Hey Anthony, off topic, but I am having a hard time finding this tweak in Cydia. I have tried in search and I have looked in Modmyi's repo and it is not showing up. Any suggestions. Thanks.
      Nevermind, I see that a new one is being developed. I should have read first.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Is this the deb to the original one before they pulled from Cydia?
      Yes sir!
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Anyone know why the first version was pulled? If its a bug in the tweak, I would love to know if its effecting my iPhone. The tweak seems to work great for me, before when I pulled my phone out of my pocket it would always be below the minimum brightness level on the slider.
    1. thevmax's Avatar
      thevmax -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Is it really necessary to create more work for yourself when a tweak will fix it for you?

      haha
      Hey, Why Think?.....There's an APP for that!
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
      Hey, Why Think?.....There's an APP for that!
      If you want to do more work, you can.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Actually after installing this my brightness is turned all the way down after a respring, and turning the screen off and on doesn't fix it. My brightness is usually toward the lower end of the spectrum though, so it's better I guess.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
      Was a tweak really necessary? Why not just turn off the screen then turn it back on? This always fixed my screen, but is doing that such a hard thing to do?
      I wouldn't so much call this a tweak, it's more of a fix. And, it's not about it being hard to workaround it's about the phone functioning as it should without having to do little workaround a every time you pull the phone out to use it.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      The tweak is working perfectly for me. No more dims after respring! Finally! Now all they have to do is fix the battery stats erasure issue and get the Ram leak out of SBSettings and I'll be back to 5.1.1 stability/functionality!!.
    1. alanjf's Avatar
      alanjf -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      This site has a no warez policy. That tool was made to allow warez to be installed..
      I really disagree, as that's not what the tool was actually created for, but regardless, I wont continue this discussion here. I have created a post and a poll in the MMI site / Chit chat forum, that appears to be the most appropriate place to discussion things like this.
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      I wouldn't so much call this a tweak, it's more of a fix. And, it's not about it being hard to workaround it's about the phone functioning as it should without having to do little workaround a every time you pull the phone out to use it.
      Oh ok. Well I've only had this problem occur like once or twice. After that I've never had the brightness dim problem ever again.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Post updated with information about the new version of the jailbreak tweak.

      This version is by iOS developer Jonas Gessner and is called "BrightnessFix for iOS 6." It can be found in the ModMyi repository right now – refresh your sources and you'll find it!
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Post updated with information about the new version of the jailbreak tweak.

      This version is by iOS developer Jonas Gessner and is called "BrightnessFix for iOS 6." It can be found in the ModMyi repository right now – refresh your sources and you'll find it!
      Does this one replace the iFix that's still on my phone and working beautifully?
    1. Pinoy's Avatar
      Pinoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Post updated with information about the new version of the jailbreak tweak.

      This version is by iOS developer Jonas Gessner and is called "BrightnessFix for iOS 6." It can be found in the ModMyi repository right now – refresh your sources and you'll find it!
      Anthony do you know which method of respring this works for? Both my Auxo and NC respring are still affected by the dim. Winterboard has never dimmed for me. It seems all developers of individual methods need to implement a fix. A standard fix seems worthless!
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
      Anthony do you know which method of respring this works for? Both my Auxo and NC respring are still affected by the dim. Winterboard has never dimmed for me. It seems all developers of individual methods need to implement a fix. A standard fix seems worthless!
      Standard fix will be your band aid until everyone else fixes the problem.

      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Does this one replace the iFix that's still on my phone and working beautifully?
      Yea, this one is newer.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Yea, this one is newer.
      The older one is called 'iFix'. This one has a different name. So should I just 'uninstall' iFix and then install this one? I don't think this one will 'upgrade' the old one as Cydia sees them as separate tweaks.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      The older one is called 'iFix'. This one has a different name. So should I just 'uninstall' iFix and then install this one? I don't think this one will 'upgrade' the old one as Cydia sees them as separate tweaks.
      Yeah, they're separate so you'd have to remove the old one and install the new one.

      If any updates come out, the new one is the tweak that will get the support, as the old one is no longer supported due to being pulled.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Yeah, they're separate so you'd have to remove the old one and install the new one.

      If any updates come out, the new one is the tweak that will get the support, as the old one is no longer supported due to being pulled.
      Understood. I'll make the change. Now, Anthony, if we can get 'even a band-aid fix' for the battery stats kill bug. Keep your eyes out for all of us, dude! I look forward to a news flash about a fix for that pain in the azz bug.. Once that one's fixed - then I'm back to all the functionality I had on 4S with 5.1.1 except WAY AWESOME-ER on the iP5.