• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Easily Find Your iOS Device's IP Address With 'IPActivator'


    If you do any SSHing into your iOS devices, then you know how important it is to know what your iOS devices’ IP addresses are. There are many ways to get your iOS device’s IP Address; however starting today, a really simple way to find it is with a new free jailbreak tweak called IPActivator by iOS developer magn2o.

    IPActivator integrates with Ryan Petrich’s Activator application, which allows you to perform all kinds of different gestures to perform different system actions. When you download IPAcitvator, you will be able to visit the preference pane for Activator and choose a gesture for IPActivator.

    After performing the gesture you choose, a pop-up alert will appear showing you your current Wi-Fi IP Address, as shown above. You can use this IP Address for SSH, on top of many other things. After you've taken note of the IP Address, you can just tap "Ok" to close the pop-up alert.

    Another popular free jailbreak tweak, SBSettings, can show you your IP Address too; however, if you have alternative toggle tweaks installed, such as Deck or Auxo, there’s really no reason to go out and install a rather large tweak like SBSettings just for the functionality of showing your Wi-Fi IP Address. So this tweak makes a great light alternative.

    Name: IPActivator
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Requirements: Activator
    Developer: magn2o
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Easily Find Your iOS Device's IP Address With 'IPActivator' started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
    1. kraziebone's Avatar
      kraziebone -
      I need to get my IP address all the time so this is interesting. I use intelliscreenx for this purpose though.
    1. Shigoroku's Avatar
      Shigoroku -
      I see the image was updated so it doesn't show your IP, Tony. Still seeing the old/uncensored pic when I click the Read More link again on my iPad mini...even after reload/refresh.

      That's a private IP, anyway. No reason to hide it.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
      That's a private IP, anyway. No reason to hide it.
      Mhm.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Find this also in SBsettings
    1. 2moon's Avatar
      2moon -
      Hey Anthony
      Bit off-topic but was Deck ever compatible with iOS6?
      You mentioned it earlier on "Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts" article but when I try to install it I got the "unable to purchase..." msg.
      Any info on that?
      Tks!
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2moon View Post
      Hey Anthony
      Bit off-topic but was Deck ever compatible with iOS6?
      You mentioned it earlier on "Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts" article but when I try to install it I got the "unable to purchase..." msg.
      Any info on that?
      Tks!
      Not compatible just yet, apparently.
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      What a stupid tweak. There sure are a lot of them these days.

      You can get your ip in settings by clicking the arrow next to your wifi network. If you are smart enough to be using ssh then you know darn well where to get your ip.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      What a stupid tweak. There sure are a lot of them these days.

      You can get your ip in settings by clicking the arrow next to your wifi network. If you are smart enough to be using ssh then you know darn well where to get your ip.
      Dont think there talking about wifi IP. There talking about your cell/data IP your carrier assigns you.