• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 18 - Feb. 24


    In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

    1. LivePapers – FREE

    LivePapers is a great new tweak that allows you to enable live wallpapers on your home screen and lock screen. The platform comes with one free live wallpaper, and you can download additional live wallpapers from Cydia. They’re not just videos, as you can actually interact with them. The live wallpapers come with their own individual settings to configure, and it’s a great way to spice up any iOS device.



    2. RageBoard – $4.99

    RageBoard is a great new tweak for letting you express your feelings with rage faces rather than words. The tweak adds a rage face keyboard to your stock iOS keyboard, and the images can be sent to the sender in multiple different applications. The seamless integration into the iOS keyboard is also nice.



    3. SubtleLock – $1

    SubtleLock is a simple tweak that aims to minimize the amount of pixels used by the lock screen elements. It compresses the size of the lock screen slider and the lock screen clock. It’s great for showing off those cool lock screen wallpapers you might be rocking. It's also great for minimalists.



    4. Instahancer – 99¢

    Instahancer is a great tweak for those Instagram lovers out there. The tweak adds more options to Instagram, including the ability to save pictures, zoom in on pictures, copy a link to pictures to your clipboard, copy the picture to your clipboard, and even attach the picture to an e-mail to be sent. All of these features will make using Instagram better, and more great features are coming soon.



    5. ActiveDock – $1.99

    ActiveDock is a great new aesthetic tweak that makes the dock in iOS look more like that of OS X Mountain Lion. It redesigns not only the dock glass, but also the application icons reflections. The tweak also puts light indicators under the applications that are running in the background, and applications bounce when you either receive notifications or when you tap on the applications to launch them. It’s a nice little touch to iOS.



    6. AssistantEnhancer – $1.99

    AssistantEnhancer adds a ton of new features to Siri. The features include additional querying options, having Siri remember where you parked your car, and even asking about information regarding the device’s hardware. The tweak is an add-on for AssistantExtensions.



    7. AutoLSMusicControls – FREE

    AutoLSMusicControls is a simple free tweak that makes the music controls appear on the lock screen automatically by default when music is playing. It’s a nice little touch for those that listen to a lot of music on their iOS devices.



    8. Unveil – FREE

    Unveil is a simple tweak that allows banner notifications to appear while you’re in the Siri interface. These banner notifications are normally blocked until you exit the Siri interface by default. This tweak is good if you play around with Siri a lot and don’t want to accidentally miss an important notification.



    9. SafariSwipez – FREE

    SafariSwipez allows you to use swipe gestures to close out of open tabs in Safari rather than having to tap on a red close button in the corner of the tab. If you use the Auxo app switcher tweak, you might like how this tweak makes closing out of tabs in Safari feel the same way as closing applications in Auxo. The gestures make better use of the touch screen than tapping little buttons do too!



    10. TwitkaFly 6.0+ – $3.99

    TwitkaFly 6.0+ is the iOS 6-compatible version of TwitkaFly. With TwitkaFly, you can easily Tweet or post to Facebook from anywhere. The tweak includes support for a Twitter text expander, now playing music Tweets, and several other nice features that the stock iOS Tweeting platform doesn’t come with. TwitkaFly 6.0+ is great for anyone that uses Twitter or Facebook a lot.



    11. InstaSave – FREE

    InstaSave is a simple tweak that allows you to save pictures from your Instagram feed. If you use Instagram a lot you should consider grabbing InstaSave!



    12. TypeStatus – FREE

    TypeStatus is a simple tweak that displays an icon in your Status Bar when someone starts composing an iMessage to you. It’s good for when you want to know when to expect a reply from someone, but don’t want to sit and wait in the Messages application to do so.



    13. WeekInCal++ – 99¢

    WeekInCal++ is a tweak that will display the week number on the Calendar application icon, and on every Sunday from within the Calendar application in month view. This tweak is handy for when you want to keep track of what week it is. The application icon week indicator will update in real time, just like the date, telling you what week it is.



    14. Preference WithMe – FREE

    Preference WithMe is a simple tweak that will make the device speak the preference pane that you tap on in the Settings application. It’s good for those that are hard at seeing, or if you just want some type of feedback after tapping on something, it’s good for that also.



    15. Predicter – FREE

    Predicter is a simple tweak that sends you a banner notification when someone begins composing an iMessage to you. The tweak will also notify you if the user stops writing or clears their text field. The tweak will sometimes work, and sometimes not, depending on whether or not Apple’s servers send the required information to your device, but if you want to know when people are trying to iMessage you, Predicter is a fine tweak for doing that.



    16. DisableNC+ – $1

    DisableNC+ will allow you to disable Notification Center outright in any applications that you want to. The tweak comes with a preference pane where you can select the applications you want to disable Notification Center in. The tweak won’t disable Notification Center on the home screen. The tweak is good for applications like Fruit Ninja, where swipes can sometimes accidentally bring up the Notification Center grabber when you don’t mean to do so.



    17. highlightGeneral – FREE

    HighlightGeneral is a simple tweak that highlights the General preference pane blue so you can find it easier. Since the General preference pane always shows in the top of the screen when you’re in your Settings application, it seems a little goofy, but with all the new preference panes that keep getting added in major iOS updates, who knows how long it will be that way.


    Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

    If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 18 - Feb. 24 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 31 Comments
    1. iPodTouch149's Avatar
      iPodTouch149 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
      You need to remove Assistant Enhancer until Assistant Extensions is updated.
      Oh is that why AssistantEnhancer was not working for me?
    1. jb4's Avatar
      jb4 -
      ActiveDock isn't working for me. i can get it to bounce when I open but it doesn't bounce when I receive a notification
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
      ActiveDock isn't working for me. i can get it to bounce when I open but it doesn't bounce when I receive a notification
      Make sure it's on under settings. If it is I'm sure it's another tweak messing with you.
    1. pasterchadster's Avatar
      pasterchadster -
      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      If I knew, do you think I'd ask?
      LOL! Then how do you assume they haven't been acutely covering all Apple news?
    1. truenorth's Avatar
      truenorth -
      ROFLMAO! Acutely?

      Tell me, Einstein, where is the assumption? Read all my posts: 'Any news for us non-JBers?', 'Has nothing happened in the Apple world...?', 'Either the writers got lazy OR the site hiccuped', etc. The 'or' gives the benefit of the doubt that they were not lazy, but that maybe there was a hiccup, technical glitch or whatever. But the spirit of my questions was to inquire were there not *any* non-JB news in the Apple world?

      But you said:
      Quote Originally Posted by pasterchadster View Post
      From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other "news" have the staff "lazily" bypassed?
      So the basis of truth is your memory.

      Nothing but updates? In the entire Apple world? ALL have been aptly covered by MMi? How do you know? Oh wait, your memory. Right.

      Between you and me, the one who had the corner on assuming was you, Mr. Teapot.
    1. blkeagle1's Avatar
      blkeagle1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      I've jailbroken since the iPhone 2 and no I don't feel I'm missing much, thank you. All I'm saying is *something* else must have happened in the Apple world in the last couple of days.

      About the site having Mod in its name: this site used to feature general Apple news - in this *News* forum - but somehow either the writers got lazy or this forum, NOT the site, hiccuped.
      Here ya go. This might be what your little heart desires:

      Apple - Hot News
    1. pasterchadster's Avatar
      pasterchadster -
      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      ROFLMAO! Acutely?
      Autocorrect. Should have read "accurately".

      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      Tell me, Einstein, where is the assumption?
      It's right here:

      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      'Either the writers got lazy OR the site hiccuped', etc.
      You are ASSUMING it's one or the other. The possibility exists that it's neither.... but you assumed that isn't possible.
    1. truenorth's Avatar
      truenorth -
      Moose muffins. I gave more than one possibility; one particular scenario absolves the writers of responsibility. Hardly malicious like you imply. Still my entire post was an inquiry to the writers. They could have given a simple explanation, case closed.

      What about your own assumptions? You did not address them. When the person I'm discussing with evades arguments that I pose to them, my case is closed. I end the discussion there.
    1. pasterchadster's Avatar
      pasterchadster -
      LOL. So your answer to my question is to reply with a question, and say "I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine"? If you don't need to answer my question to you because I made an assumption, then what puts you in the position of expecting the mods to answer your question which is based on an assumption? What if there was a conscious decision to not cover "all Apple news" and focus primarily on JB news? Or what if, as so many other commentors have said, this is in fact a JB-focused site? Then neither of your scenarios fit - the mods are not "lazy" and there was not a glitch in the system.

      So to quote your wise words - pot calling the kettle.....

      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      Moose muffins. I gave more than one possibility; one particular scenario absolves the writers of responsibility. Hardly malicious like you imply. Still my entire post was an inquiry to the writers. They could have given a simple explanation, case closed.

      What about your own assumptions? You did not address them. When the person I'm discussing with evades arguments that I pose to them, my case is closed. I end the discussion there.
    1. truenorth's Avatar
      truenorth -
      Quote Originally Posted by pasterchadster View Post
      LOL. So your answer to my question is to reply with a question, and say "I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine"? If you don't need to answer my question to you because I made an assumption, then what puts you in the position of expecting the mods to answer your question which is based on an assumption? What if there was a conscious decision to not cover "all Apple news" and focus primarily on JB news? Or what if, as so many other commentors have said, this is in fact a JB-focused site? Then neither of your scenarios fit - the mods are not "lazy" and there was not a glitch in the system.

      So to quote your wise words - pot calling the kettle.....
      Then they can say so. If it's not A, and not B, they can propose C. But you won't understand that. In your world, there cannot be questions, because you know it all.

      Still the point is you won't answer my question. I dare you.
    1. pasterchadster's Avatar
      pasterchadster -
      I just did answer your question, I admitted I made an assumption. But you can't admit to the same. You say "they can propose C" as an answer to your question, and that frees you from your assumption..... so why doesn't that also apply to my line of questioning? Because I don't get the same "out" as you do? LOL.

      You earlier replied to me with this: "But the spirit of my questions was to inquire were there not *any* non-JB news in the Apple world?". But the fact of the matter is that MMi HAS had non-JB news listed, maybe not all of it, but it has had non-JB news listed. So your inquiry of "*any* non-JB news" renders your question irrelevant, and t ASSUMES that there is none, which is in fact untrue.

      Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
      Then they can say so. If it's not A, and not B, they can propose C. But you won't understand that. In your world, there cannot be questions, because you know it all.

      Still the point is you won't answer my question. I dare you.