• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times


    The evad3rs have updated the evasi0n.com Web site with download links for evasi0n version 1.5, which is an updated version of the untethered iOS 6 jailbreak tool. Evasi0n can jailbreak untethered iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.1.1, and iOS 6.1.2 on every iOS device that can run iOS 6.

    The update to the jailbreak tool includes the fixes that came in today’s evasi0n iOS 6.0-6.1.2 untether package update in Cydia, which means the problem that was causing boot issues on some iOS devices when they attempt to boot up has been fixed.

    The change log states that apart from making the boot up time faster, the included Cydia package list has been updated – evasi0n installs a pre-primed version of Cydia on every iOS device it jailbreaks, and the updated package list means that less stress will be put on the default repository servers for each device that gets jailbroken.

    If you are already jailbroken, there is no reason to re-jailbreak with evasi0n version 1.5; however, if you want to anyway, you should perform a DFU mode restore on your device before doing so (see our short guide). If you’re already jailbroken, the best thing to do is install the updated version of the evasi0n untether package in Cydia because this will be the quickest and easiest way for you to go about your day.

    The updated evasi0n 1.5 download links are available for you below:

    This article was originally published in forum thread: Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 41 Comments
    1. shadow2388's Avatar
      shadow2388 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Even with the jailbreak, iPhone 5 only takes 22 seconds
      You aren't lying I love speed.
    1. srkattar786's Avatar
      srkattar786 -
      My Cydia is havin problem for refreshing
      Plzz somebody tell the solution...
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
      Did they ever fix the respring cache issue?
      Theres a tweak to fix this? Respringcachefix by Ryan petrich. Add his repo to get it

      rpetri.ch/repo
    1. p1mpdog1's Avatar
      p1mpdog1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
      Did they ever fix the respring cache issue?
      you need to install this repo: rpetri.ch/repo/

      then install the respring cache fix.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      His point is - we now need a tweak to fix it. But it's a bug that's making the resprings keep compiling cache. He's wondering, as do I if the bug, that's been creating the wrong behavior, has been fixed yet. (So we don't need Ryan's tweak)
    1. jayjOka's Avatar
      jayjOka -
      not sure what happen, but just did the update and phone did a respring and phone will not boot now be careful with this update.
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      His point is - we now need a tweak to fix it. But it's a bug that's making the resprings keep compiling cache. He's wondering, as do I if the bug, that's been creating the wrong behavior, has been fixed yet. (So we don't need Ryan's tweak)
      No clue, you could probably tweet @ Ryan an ask, he's very good about responding to people on twitter, and yes I know he didn't help create any of the jailbreak, but he would still know if it was fixed or not.
    1. DarkXess's Avatar
      DarkXess -
      @fanboyfanboy & @p1mpdog1

      He isnt asking for a tweak! obviously everyone knows there is a fix! but what he asked was did the actual
      jailbreak FIX the issue rather than download a seperate tweak (fix) to fix the issue. I would also like to know too.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      His point is - we now need a tweak to fix it. But it's a bug that's making the resprings keep compiling cache. He's wondering, as do I if the bug, that's been creating the wrong behavior, has been fixed yet. (So we don't need Ryan's tweak)
      Ryan told me the issue happens on non-jailbroken devices running iOS 6.1 or higher too. So he doesn't see a point in integrating it into the jailbreak tool because it isn't a jailbreak bug.

      Quote Originally Posted by DarkXess View Post
      @fanboyfanboy & @p1mpdog1

      He isnt asking for a tweak! obviously everyone knows there is a fix! but what he asked was did the actual
      jailbreak FIX the issue rather than download a seperate tweak (fix) to fix the issue. I would also like to know too.
      Read reply.
    1. XweAponX's Avatar
      XweAponX -
      I used 1.4 to JB after restoring to 6.1.2. I would have stayed at 6.1.1, but I was still having app crash problems. On 6.1.1 I would get that boot fade out thing, up to five times before I would see my animated bootlogo. After updating and using evasi0n 1.4, It boots in about 45 seconds, sometimes, up to a minute.

      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Ryan told me the issue happens on non-jailbroken devices running iOS 6.1 or higher too. So he doesn't see a point in integrating it into the jailbreak tool because it isn't a jailbreak bug.



      Read reply.
      Your right, cos when I first put 6.1 in it would do that.

      I'm glad I read this, I've been having problems with this issue since 6.1. I just applied that tweek, so we'll see if it helps.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Ryan told me the issue happens on non-jailbroken devices running iOS 6.1 or higher too. So he doesn't see a point in integrating it into the jailbreak tool because it isn't a jailbreak bug.
      I'm confused Anthony. You can't respring a non-jail broken phone - so how could it ever be a problem on stock?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      I'm confused Anthony. You can't respring a non-jail broken phone - so how could it ever be a problem on stock?
      Try changing the language repeatedly on a non-jailbroken device and see what happens.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Try changing the language repeatedly on a non-jailbroken device and see what happens.
      Well of course. But in the jailbreak world 90% of us are theming and adding new stuff and respringing multiple times a day. Respring is not an 'option' in stock, so the amount of times it could fill a cache is next to zilch.

      With respect to Ryan and gratefulness for his workaround tweak - this is an Apple or Evasi0n bug that needs to ultimately be addressed.

      Speaking of which - Anthony - have you heard anything more about the battery stats erase upon respringing bug?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Well of course. But in the jailbreak world 90% of us are theming and adding new stuff and respringing multiple times a day. Respring is not an 'option' in stock, so the amount of times it could fill a cache is next to zilch.

      With respect to Ryan and gratefulness for his workaround tweak - this is an Apple or Evasi0n bug that needs to ultimately be addressed.

      Speaking of which - Anthony - have you heard anything more about the battery stats erase upon respringing bug?
      Yup, the battery thing is ticking me off.

      The cache fix isn't only for respringing. I respect Ryan's ultimate opinion, although I think it could shine when integrated into the jailbreak.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Yup, the battery thing is ticking me off.
      Don't get me started... aaargh.. Battery testing is an essential part of jailbreak stability assessment. I need it back BAD! So not even a hint from evasi0n camp that it's their fault? Like the Double Apple Logo boot up bug they just fixed and not a 'word' of admission until the day they offer a fix in 1.5.. Dang, I love those guys for what they do for us - but they sure do count on us for a lot of beta testing. LOL! But I wouldn't give ANYTHING to be still without a jailbreak - so I guess it's just part of the deal... right? But not a word on the battery thing, huh?

      The cache fix isn't only for respringing. I respect Ryan's ultimate opinion, although I think it could shine when integrated into the jailbreak.
      Yeah. Fair enuff. I agree on this too. And glad to have Ryan's tweak running flawlessly.
    1. sandeeproy's Avatar
      sandeeproy -
      [QUOTE=NewdestinyX;6778030]Something else be causing what you're experiencing. The fix today - fixed boot times for everyone - without 'other issues' is my point. The way you worded your response in last post sounded like you misunderstood what got fixed today. You said 'faster before jailbreak' which I thought meant you were comparing boot times of a non jail broken phone to a jail broken phone.

      Thanks ! I get your point about 'something else' being the reason ( will revert when i isolate the issue ).
      Feedback - Even after JBv1.5 with just Cydia installed - 60 secs. But i'm Cool with it as lot's folks on iP4 are facing similiar issues, including baclikght dim on homesceen at 45 secs.
      Thanks again for your inputs though.
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
      Theres a tweak to fix this? Respringcachefix by Ryan petrich. Add his repo to get it

      rpetri.ch/repo
      Thanks! I heard about this but I was hoping it would be fixed in the JB. I wonder why Ryan doesn't release it from beta..
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      Thanks ! I get your point about 'something else' being the reason ( will revert when i isolate the issue ).
      Feedback - Even after JBv1.5 with just Cydia installed - 60 secs. But i'm Cool with it as lot's folks on iP4 are facing similiar issues, including baclikght dim on homesceen at 45 secs.
      Thanks again for your inputs though.
      My iPhone 4 is also about 60 sec boot up after 1.5. That's typical for a 4 and no indication of any trouble. iPhone 4 is just a slower machine than 4S or 5. Boot up of stock ip4 is about 50 sec too. So we only lose 10sec after jailbreak.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
      I wonder why Ryan doesn't release it from beta..
      Because it's still in beta lol
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Because it's still in beta lol
      I think it's working pretty good already..