• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times


    The evad3rs have updated the evasi0n.com Web site with download links for evasi0n version 1.5, which is an updated version of the untethered iOS 6 jailbreak tool. Evasi0n can jailbreak untethered iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.1.1, and iOS 6.1.2 on every iOS device that can run iOS 6.

    The update to the jailbreak tool includes the fixes that came in today’s evasi0n iOS 6.0-6.1.2 untether package update in Cydia, which means the problem that was causing boot issues on some iOS devices when they attempt to boot up has been fixed.

    The change log states that apart from making the boot up time faster, the included Cydia package list has been updated – evasi0n installs a pre-primed version of Cydia on every iOS device it jailbreaks, and the updated package list means that less stress will be put on the default repository servers for each device that gets jailbroken.

    If you are already jailbroken, there is no reason to re-jailbreak with evasi0n version 1.5; however, if you want to anyway, you should perform a DFU mode restore on your device before doing so (see our short guide). If you’re already jailbroken, the best thing to do is install the updated version of the evasi0n untether package in Cydia because this will be the quickest and easiest way for you to go about your day.

    The updated evasi0n 1.5 download links are available for you below:

    This article was originally published in forum thread: Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 41 Comments
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      Yup...already used it...a ok so far...
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Aye carumba. 1.6 by midnight?
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      Lol...
    1. sandeeproy's Avatar
      sandeeproy -
      Updated via Cydia today, a couple of hours ago. My iPhone 4 Bootup time is still 60 seconds.

      PS-Had re-jailbroken day before with v1.4. same same for time plus my Backlight dim on Home screen is 45 seconds & on Lock screen 25 seconds for fade to black. Not good.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      My iPhone 4 Bootup time is still 60 seconds.
      Sounds normal to me.

      iPhone 4 is slow.
    1. LoganKal's Avatar
      LoganKal -
      ya i had the backlight issue to with v1.4 all others were great, weird..
    1. NanoTeXplorer's Avatar
      NanoTeXplorer -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      Updated via Cydia today, a couple of hours ago. My iPhone 4 Bootup time is still 60 seconds.

      PS-Had re-jailbroken day before with v1.4. same same for time plus my Backlight dim on Home screen is 45 seconds & on Lock screen 25 seconds for fade to black. Not good.
      I think u misunderstood. The update is meant to fix any future phone that wish to Jailbreak as so not to get stuck at the final Evasi0n process when it should auto-boot you to the jailbroken homescreen with Cydia instead of doing a manual hard-reboot (power+home button) cuz thats what happen to me when it got stuck @ the Evasi0n Logo & wouldn't reboot itself after finishing the jailbreak.

      It fixes that and got nothing to do with your iPhone boot up time. 😝
    1. sandeeproy's Avatar
      sandeeproy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Sounds normal to me.

      iPhone 4 is slow.
      No Sir! Much quicker before the JB.

      Quote Originally Posted by NanoTeXplorer View Post
      I think u misunderstood. The update is meant to fix any future phone that wish to Jailbreak as so not to get stuck at the final Evasi0n process when it should auto-boot you to the jailbroken homescreen with Cydia instead of doing a manual hard-reboot (power+home button) cuz thats what happen to me when it got stuck @ the Evasi0n Logo & wouldn't reboot itself after finishing the jailbreak.

      It fixes that and got nothing to do with your iPhone boot up time. 😝
      Cool Got that !
    1. NanoTeXplorer's Avatar
      NanoTeXplorer -
      Jailbroken phones are naturally slow in booting up. Cuz they gotta load up tweaks/settings/themes and what ever u got on there that gotta do with jailbreak etc. Therefore the more jailbreak stuff the more slower it is.
    1. mrwilly's Avatar
      mrwilly -
      Quote Originally Posted by NanoTeXplorer View Post
      I think u misunderstood. The update is meant to fix any future phone that wish to Jailbreak as so not to get stuck at the final Evasi0n process when it should auto-boot you to the jailbroken homescreen with Cydia instead of doing a manual hard-reboot (power+home button) cuz thats what happen to me when it got stuck @ the Evasi0n Logo & wouldn't reboot itself after finishing the jailbreak.

      It fixes that and got nothing to do with your iPhone boot up time. ��
      Wrong, that problem was fixed with Evasi0n 1.3. This update fixes the problem when you reboot, you get the Apple logo multiple times (2 or more), almost like a boot loop, before the phone finishes booting.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      No Sir! Much quicker before the JB.
      Even with the jailbreak, iPhone 5 only takes 22 seconds
    1. mrwilly's Avatar
      mrwilly -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Even with the jailbreak, iPhone 5 only takes 22 seconds
      my 4S takes 24 seconds now, before this fix, it was an extra 14 seconds
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Did they ever fix the respring cache issue?
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Ugh!! I mean I'm really Glad for this fix. But I've restored no less than twice now trying to get rid of that double boot Apple logo thinking it was some kind of conflict or weirdness. Why haven't we heard more about this? I follow all the news threads here and the Twitter feeds of all the major devs and this is the first time I'm hearing about this being a bug in the evasi0n untether itself. How could it be possible that we only hear about it being the untether's fault the day of the fix?
    1. sandeeproy's Avatar
      sandeeproy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Sounds normal to me.

      iPhone 4 is slow.
      No Sir ! Much quicker before the JailBreak by far. Let's hope for a better fix soon
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      No Sir ! Much quicker before the JailBreak by far. Let's hope for a better fix soon
      All boot up times are faster before a jailbreak, dude. On any phone. The issue is faster or slower "after" a jailbreak - between the last evasion untether tweak and the one they just dropped. There is definitely a faster boot up after this new drop on all three of my phones now 4, 4S and 5. Thank you Dev team! And for finally getting rid of the double Apple logo bounce on boot up! That was driving me crazy.

      And Anthony's right. iPhone 4 boot up times, even stock, are much slower than a 4S or 5 stock. No-brainer.
    1. mrwilly's Avatar
      mrwilly -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      No Sir ! Much quicker before the JailBreak by far. Let's hope for a better fix soon
      Your current boot up time is normal and won't get any faster, this fix released, fixed what it was suppose to.

      The difference in boot up time is due to Mobile Substrate. If you remove all of your tweaks and mobile substrate, your boot up time will be just like before jailbreaking

      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Ugh!! I mean I'm really Glad for this fix. But I've restored no less than twice now trying to get rid of that double boot Apple logo thinking it was some kind of conflict or weirdness. Why haven't we heard more about this? I follow all the news threads here and the Twitter feeds of all the major devs and this is the first time I'm hearing about this being a bug in the evasi0n untether itself. How could it be possible that we only hear about it being the untether's fault the day of the fix?
      I know how you felt. I thought it was certain tweaks, so i tried difference combinations. i thought it was restoring my backup in iTunes, so i tried a clean setup without restoring. I then decided to just live with it, definitely glad for the fix.
    1. sandeeproy's Avatar
      sandeeproy -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      All boot up times are faster before a jailbreak, dude. On any phone. The issue is faster or slower "after" a jailbreak - between the last evasion untether tweak and the one they just dropped. There is definitely a faster boot up after this new drop on all three of my phones now 4, 4S and 5. Thank you Dev team! And for finally getting rid of the double Apple logo bounce on boot up! That was driving me crazy.

      And Anthony's right. iPhone 4 boot up times, even stock, are much slower than a 4S or 5 stock. No-brainer.
      Hey Man, I'm aware of those differences(phones & stock iOS). Trust me, I've been Jailbreaking since iOS 4.X & i've never had my phone go so crazy. Good for you guys, if things are working well !
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
      Hey Man, I'm aware of those differences(phones & stock iOS). Trust me, I've been Jailbreaking since iOS 4.X & i've never had my phone go so crazy. Good for you guys, if things are working well !
      Something else be causing what you're experiencing. The fix today - fixed boot times for everyone - without 'other issues' is my point. The way you worded your response in last post sounded like you misunderstood what got fixed today. You said 'faster before jailbreak' which I thought meant you were comparing boot times of a non jail broken phone to a jail broken phone.

      Quote Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
      I know how you felt. I thought it was certain tweaks, so i tried difference combinations. i thought it was restoring my backup in iTunes, so i tried a clean setup without restoring. I then decided to just live with it, definitely glad for the fix.
      Yeah. Methinks our devs don't like to admit things they left 'us' to beta test for them.. .. I'm still hugely grateful to them. But disclosure of issues they've identified ASAP would save us from looking for ghosts.
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      I'm much faster on reboot now. Updated through Cydia on my super picky iOS 6.1.1 iPhone 4S.

      *edit* After a crash from Auxo I have once again gotten into a problem with Reboots. It is still faster than before the fix but slower than it was when I first updated.