• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • UMADBRO? Express it With 'RageBoard'


    Are words just not powerful enough to express how you feel? – You need RageBoard.

    RageBoard is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS development team Cocoanuts that adds an alternate keyboard to your International Keyboard button dedicated solely to Rage Faces. Tapping and holding on the International Keyboard button will let you choose between all of your International Keyboards, such as English US, Emoji, RageBoard, and even Grafiti if you have that tweak installed.

    Once you open RageBoard, you’ll see an interface that looks similar to the Grafiti interface. There will be an International Keyboard button in the bottom left that lets you switch between your keyboards, a backspace button that lets you delete anything that you write, and in the middle will be all of your Rage Faces that you can pick from. At the bottom center, there is a scrollable label that you can use to select different Rage Face categories.

    There are many different Rage Face categories, including:


    • 2 panel
    • angry
    • annoyed
    • cereal guy
    • determined
    • disgusted
    • happy
    • laughing
    • me gusta
    • miscellaneous
    • neutral
    • okay
    • rage
    • sad
    • surprised
    • trees
    • troll
    • worried
    • and many more


    As you scroll through your Rage Face options, you can simply tap on one that you like to place it into the chat field. You can choose more than one, or just one – it really doesn't matter. You can also type a text message to send with it:



    If you can't see the small thumbnails very well, you can tap and hold on one of them to zoom in:



    The Rage Faces will be sent as image files to the recipient, so the recipient doesn't need to be on a jailbroken iPhone with RageBoard installed to receive your Rage Faces. The recipient can view your Rage Faces that you send to them across multiple platforms.

    RageBoard comes with more than 350 different Rage Faces to choose from – that's about 17MB worth of Rage Faces to express all of the feelings you can imagine. RageBoard is compatible with all iPhones and iPod touches running iOS 6.0 or later and RageBoard works in all of the following iOS applications:


    • Messages (SMS+iMessage)
    • WhatsApp Messenger
    • biteSMS
    • Messages+
    • Twitter
    • Facebook (Messages)
    • Facebook Messenger
    • Mail (E-mail)


    The way that RageBoard is so seamlessly integrated with the iOS keyboard makes it a great jailbreak tweak for those you that text message a lot. You can grab RageBoard right now from the BigBoss repository in Cydia!

    Name: RageBoard
    Price: $4.99
    Version: 1.0-27
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch, iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Cocoanuts
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: UMADBRO? Express it With 'RageBoard' started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 40 Comments
    1. jgreene777's Avatar
      jgreene777 -
      seems really great, but does also seem a bit pricey. maybe 1.99 or so...
    1. keenpois0n's Avatar
      keenpois0n -
      they leave false hope in their customers. they promise updates for their overpriced tweaks (Celeste, YouTube (+hd)) but never deliver. they'd rather ignore their thousands of customers and users than tweet a simple 'this product is no longer supported. they have no ideology of customer service. all they do is pump out new tweaks (overpriced as before) and leave behind their 'old' tweaks just to rake in as much $$ as they can. their business goal is to always pull in new customers, rather than continue to look after existing ones. now I know not all tweaks can be maintained, particularly when 90% of people steal their freaking work, but these guys do the worst job possible. AND they have pretty good crack protection. the two most recent updates (which mind you, was more than a year ago, and before that another year too) haven't been cracked. these guys have the money to update their stuff. it frustrates me how they say they will, but never do, and instead publish new tweaks. never again will I buy cocoanuts

      DHowwet, I would also like to make it known that I am thankful for you work as a jailbreak and tweak dev
    1. *T*'s Avatar
      *T* -
      Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
      they leave false hope in their customers. they promise updates for their overpriced tweaks (Celeste, YouTube (+hd)) but never deliver. they'd rather ignore their thousands of customers and users than tweet a simple 'this product is no longer supported. they have no ideology of customer service. all they do is pump out new tweaks (overpriced as before) and leave behind their 'old' tweaks just to rake in as much $$ as they can. their business goal is to always pull in new customers, rather than continue to look after existing ones. now I know not all tweaks can be maintained, particularly when 90% of people steal their freaking work, but these guys do the worst job possible. AND they have pretty good crack protection. the two most recent updates (which mind you, was more than a year ago, and before that another year too) haven't been cracked. these guys have the money to update their stuff. it frustrates me how they say they will, but never do, and instead publish new tweaks. never again will I buy cocoanuts
      You probably could have used one of their rage faces in here .

      On a serious note, that ideology really doesn't belong in the jeailbreak, you are right 100%. We are a tight-knit group of homegrown programmers, not greedy scammers/capitalists. It's a trust violation. It's that simple.
    1. DHowett's Avatar
      DHowett -
      Hey keenpois0n. Thanks for letting me know.
      I don't want to come across as an apologist, but I do think it's important to clear the air a little bit.
      My disclaimer: I'm a member of the Cocoanuts, and SDM is *technically* a cocoanuts project. Or rather, it was a project, and then the Cocoanuts existed.
      Cocoanuts isn't just the same people releasing new tweaks all the time - we're a band of a few people, and I guess that's from whence stems some of the issue: it's pretty disparate and each project has its own maintainer. We share the support burden and try to make sure everybody gets responded to, however.
      I can't speak for Celeste (I had nothing to do with it) - I agree that it didn't receive the update attention it deserved (though it was blocked from purchase when it was broken. . . so the developers weren't making money on broken software), but I like to think that most of the Cocoanuts products that are relevant on a given OS version are updated in a timely fashion. With the unfortunate exception of SDM, whose iOS 5.0 update rested solely on my shoulders and I failed to bring it about quickly enough - but that's a story for some other time. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that we're just a bunch of different people behind this name. We have our own paces, our own schedules, and our own lives.

      As for price, though:
      - Gremlin's free and open, Keylord (custom keyboard system) is going to be made available, and there are other community contributions with our names on them. We try hard to not just take from the community.
      - I personally believe that products/projects should be priced for the effort that went into them.
      (and hey, we don't pull the same junk some other vendors do - another fistful of cash for another major version of iOS - even though it's just as hard for us as it is for them.)

      I realize I've not addressed YourTube at all. That's another bag of snakes entirely - I'm not even qualified to touch that. Sorry :/

      I know there's little that can be done to restore lost trust, though. So that's that.
      I'm truly quite sorry that we've acquired this image; We just do this stuff because we love it.
      - Dustin.
    1. Jailbr0k's Avatar
      Jailbr0k -


      This tweak work very fine, no bug, it is a little expensive but i think it must be hard to implant that... look Grafiti too, amazing tweak too.
    1. Fafner1976's Avatar
      Fafner1976 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DHowett View Post
      Hey! That's not very nice. What's wrong with them?

      If there's a dev crew not worth of ANY confidence, here's the one. They are able to be hyperactive for a while and then completely disappear for MONTHS, without telling you anything, without replying to support inquiring, leaving you with your bugs and incompatibilities. Then they show up again, make promises here and there and...BAM! They're gone again for 2 more months. And so on, and so on. How many times did this already happen? Old customers know it. We're still waiting for an ufficial iOS5 version of Celeste (there was a beta accessible to those who had paid the tweak, but apart from that...), let alone something for iOS6, but guess what...? On their twitter account they're still telling ppl the very same they were already telling months and months ago..."soon, but no ETA", blah blah blah". Eric Day delivered in a few months what these guys just delivered with WORDS and failed to deliver with FACTS in more than a year. Where are the awesome new features that were supposed to be "almost done" 1 year ago?? Well, they are in...AirBlue Sharing!
      They have still to fulfill promises they kept doing since more than a year and here they are, releasing other stuff at prices which are at the highest end of the Cydia ecosystem, which given how they deal with their customers helps make the whole even more disgusting. I'm fine paying such amount of cash for a tweak, but the support has to reflect this. David Ashmann (LockInfo) fully deserves my support, the BiteSMS crew does as well, Eric Day (AirBlue Sharing) does as well, Ryan Petrich does as well, just to name a few. Cocoanuts won't get a single cent from me again.
      AWAY FROM THESE GUYS, they don't deserve any confidence, any cash and any support from reliable repository.
      And sorry (as I just saw it)...I don't take the story about more developers involved in different projects which have nothing to do btw them. I just don't take it. Cocoanuts is the name we see and that name doesn't deserve any respect. If what you are saying is the truth, just release your stuff under you own name and don't hurt your reputation with this bunch of slackers.
    1. Own3d's Avatar
      Own3d -


      This is how I feel about the price.
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fafner1976 View Post
      If there's a dev crew not worth of ANY confidence, here's the one. They are able to be hyperactive for a while and then completely disappear for MONTHS, without telling you anything, without replying to support inquiring, leaving you with your bugs and incompatibilities. Then they show up again, make promises here and there and...BAM! They're gone again for 2 more months. And so on, and so on. How many times did this already happen? Old customers know it. We're still waiting for an ufficial iOS5 version of Celeste (there was a beta accessible to those who had paid the tweak, but apart from that...), let alone something for iOS6, but guess what...? On their twitter account they're still telling ppl the very same they were already telling months and months ago..."soon, but no ETA", blah blah blah". Eric Day delivered in a few months what these guys just delivered with WORDS and failed to deliver with FACTS in more than a year. Where are the awesome new features that were supposed to be "almost done" 1 year ago?? Well, they are in...AirBlue Sharing!
      They have still to fulfill promises they kept doing since more than a year and here they are, releasing other stuff at prices which are at the highest end of the Cydia ecosystem, which given how they deal with their customers helps make the whole even more disgusting. I'm fine paying such amount of cash for a tweak, but the support has to reflect this. David Ashmann (LockInfo) fully deserves my support, the BiteSMS crew does as well, Eric Day (AirBlue Sharing) does as well, Ryan Petrich does as well, just to name a few. Cocoanuts won't get a single cent from me again.
      AWAY FROM THESE GUYS, they don't deserve any confidence, any cash and any support from reliable repository.
      And sorry (as I just saw it)...I don't take the story about more developers involved in different projects which have nothing to do btw them. I just don't take it. Cocoanuts is the name we see and that name doesn't deserve any respect. If what you are saying is the truth, just release your stuff under you own name and don't hurt your reputation with this bunch of slackers.
      Ouch..that was kinda mean... :/
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Bottom line... No one is forced to purchase any app. Additionally if an app is released and you pay for it and it works on the current firmware then they've done their job. No one is forced to upgrade and if Devs don't want to update their apps for future firmwares its their choice. Price is also their choice.. Simple economics will dictate if something is priced fairly or not. If I release a tweak for $50.00 no one would buy it but its still my choice what the price is. I agree with the mentality that price should reflect the labor that went into development.
    1. IanP's Avatar
      IanP -
      As much as I'd like to avoid continuing to derail the thread, I'm also a member of Cocoanuts (as of about 6 months ago), and would like to clarify some things to the best of my ability.

      Cocoanuts (back when there were support issues) was technically made up of one person. There was no support team, no other developers. Gremlin and Celeste were both *massive* undertakings, and as I said it was just one person that coded them and had to provide support for them.

      With every iOS update, things change, and therefore things break. With such large projects like Celeste, just one small change in the underlying OS can cause a butterfly effect, requiring enormous portions of the product to be rewritten. Considering that Celeste and Gremlin in their first versions each had more than 2 years of work into them, a firmware upgrade may wreak havoc and require insane amounts of time to fix. (we just got around to releasing the new gremlin about 3 weeks ago.)

      So just take the time to imagine that you are this one guy who is maintaining massive products that have used hundreds of thousands of times, and something breaks, and you don't have the time or resources to fix it. You're getting thousands of emails a day, most of them completely illegible or useless, about how something is broken. On top of that, you have your own life outside of your job that requires attention. It can be pretty overwhelming and the best you can do is to cease sales of the product, and get back to it when you can. I'm not saying it's an excuse, just saying that it should be understandable that sometimes things can get out of hand and the only thing you can do is back away. It's not like jailbreak developers are companies like Microsoft that have practically unlimited manpower and time.

      As for YourTube, I also can't make any comments about it since honestly I know nothing about that whole thing.

      Fafner: There is no reason to not believe DHowett - he is one of the people that makes your jailbreak experience possible. Also I think you'll find that as Cocoanuts is growing and acquiring more resources, the shortcomings of the past should be nonexistent. There are several developers and we also have a support team.

      While it makes sense to me that because of things that happened in the past, the name Cocoanuts may have some negative connotations. I don't think it's fair to allow that to reflect upon the present and upon Cocoanuts' current products.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      Bottom line... No one is forced to purchase any app. Additionally if an app is released and you pay for it and it works on the current firmware then they've done their job. No one is forced to upgrade and if Devs don't want to update their apps for future firmwares its their choice. Price is also their choice.. Simple economics will dictate if something is priced fairly or not. If I release a tweak for $50.00 no one would buy it but its still my choice what the price is. I agree with the mentality that price should reflect the labor that went into development.
      No one is saying that they don't have a choice or right to price as they want; we're just saying it's a rather bad one. I think it makes sense to price your tweaks with the goal of making as much money as you can if that's why you're making them, or price them to where the most people will get them if you're doing it for fun. In my opinion $5 for this tweak does neither. Pricing your products based on effort just isn't practical. It doesn't make sense to charge each individual with the effort of developing, knowing that you'll probably get less for your work in the end.

      Also, people were just saying that they should send out a simple announcement that they're not going to update a package instead of saying that they will update and never doing it.

      In the end though I despise the concept of this tweak anyways.
    1. Fafner1976's Avatar
      Fafner1976 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post

      Also, people were just saying that they should send out a simple announcement that they're not going to update a package instead of saying that they will update and never doing it.

      Indeed. I always like to take AirBlue Sharing as an example, as it has the same goal as Celeste and the dev situation is very similar to what Cocoanuts guys are describing here.
      Eric Day isn't one who promises much, he's very quiet and usually avoids announcing or promising things. He quietly developed his tweak alone and brought it to a very high feature level, one which Celeste can just dream of. It took less than a week for him to port it to iOS6, while for Celeste, as usual, there are promises but 0 substance at the horizon ("no ETA", you know). With Celeste we have seen tons of promises but pretty much nothing, the tweak is pretty much the same one we saw with it's first release. At 10$, this is frankly appaling. Especially if you keep reading promises over promises with 0 facts.
      We'll see how the current Cocoanuts team is going to behave...of course ppl have choice, and I've chosen: I don't trust this brand anymore. I may change my mind, who knows, but at the moment this is it.
    1. LeathaFace's Avatar
      LeathaFace -
      I just purchased this tweak but I don't see it in my keyboard options when the globe is pressed (or held) only emoji. I resprung, uninstalled, reinstalled & even rebooted. I looked in the keyboard settings to see if it was an extra one I had to turn on but it's not.....
    1. LeathaFace's Avatar
      LeathaFace -
      Anybody? I emailed the dev(s) with no response yet
    1. LeathaFace's Avatar
      LeathaFace -
      3-4 emails to the dev(s) & still no response. This is terrible.
    1. Fafner1976's Avatar
      Fafner1976 -
      Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
      3-4 emails to the dev(s) & still no response. This is terrible.

      Get used to it. You should have paid attention to the warnings me or other former Cocoanuts customers did in this topic It always begins like this. Hyperactive for a while, then less, then less, then nothing for months.
    1. LeathaFace's Avatar
      LeathaFace -
      @fafner1976 lol. You're right! I actually read thru the topic b4 I purchase too, I should've listened. I guess I've learned my lesson. Thanks for the response though. At least someone did. Lol
    1. SlamminUK's Avatar
      SlamminUK -
      Will my provider charge me to send the pics as sms or mms?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by SlamminUK View Post
      Will my provider charge me to send the pics as sms or mms?
      It depends on the provider.
    1. DatBietTuot's Avatar
      DatBietTuot -
      haha