• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2


    The evad3rs have released evasi0n version 1.4 Tuesday evening with support for iOS 6.1.2. The update is available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux and can be downloaded from the evasi0n Web site.

    iOS 6.1.2 was released Tuesday afternoon to fix an Exchange calendar bug that quickly drains the iOS device's battery life. Fortunately, the update did not patch the popular evasion iOS 6 untethered jailbreak.

    If you’re planning on updating to iOS 6.1.2 to fix any issues you might be having with Exchange, you can download the firmware through iTunes and perform a DFU mode restore to the iOS 6.1.2 firmware. You will not be able to update to iOS 6.1.2 OTA (over the air) if you are jailbroken, and we don’t recommend OTA if you aren’t jailbroken yet. You should follow this guide to get your device prepared for the jailbreak on iOS 6.1.2.

    There shouldn’t be any issues with jailbreak tweaks not being compatible with iOS 6.1.2, since it’s pretty much the same firmware as iOS 6.1 with a few minor bug fixes. With that being said, update to your heart’s content!

    Sources: evasi0n
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 250 Comments
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      So is it true that there's a SBSettings memory leak?!?! If so, then that must be why our phones have low RAM. Just curious...
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Yes sbsettings does have a memory leak
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      So is it true that there's a SBSettings memory leak?!?! If so, then that must be why our phones have low RAM. Just curious...
      A huge one. I've left it behind. To get total functionality takes 3 other tweaks:
      SBCenter (respring, etc)
      NCSettings (toggles)
      Springtomize (ram readout in status bar + MUCH more)

      But I don't miss SBSettings at all anymore. Much as I've learned to live without Gridlock.
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      A huge one. I've left it behind. To get total functionality takes 3 other tweaks:
      SBCenter (respring, etc)
      NCSettings (toggles)
      Springtomize (ram readout in status bar + MUCH more)

      But I don't miss SBSettings at all anymore. Much as I've learned to live without Gridlock.
      Ouch! Both my tweaks depend on SBSettings...

      I'll have to debate if I want ads showing up in Cydia/MMI.app and the default IntelliScreenX toggles VERSUS the decrease in RAM.

      Choices - choices...
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Ouch! Both my tweaks depend on SBSettings...

      I'll have to debate if I want ads showing up in Cydia/MMI.app and the default IntelliScreenX toggles VERSUS the decrease in RAM.

      Choices - choices...
      What tweaks?
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      What tweaks?
      •Cydia Ads SUCK!!!
      •iRetina IntelliScreenX Toggles

      Both depend on SBSettings although I do have a 'Cydia Ads SUCK!!!' on my repo that is independent of SBSettings. I just liked being able to turn ads On or Off w/ an SBSettings Toggle if I ever ran into a problem.

      I might go that route and ditch SBSettings till its fixed...
      ----------------------
      Well...goodbye 'Processes'....

      I hope this is worth it!
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      I might go that route and ditch SBSettings till its fixed...
      ----------------------
      Well...goodbye 'Processes'....

      I hope this is worth it!
      Nah.. An App Store app works way better at clearing processes. It's called "System Activity". Check it out. You don't need SBSettings anymore. And Springtomize also turns off MobileSubstrates 1x1. The only feature of SBSettings I haven't been able to duplicate is the "Fix Blanks" feature. But I haven't needed that fix since iOS 6.
    1. Xpress690's Avatar
      Xpress690 -
      Hi guys

      Thanks for the "tips" and advise... ready all the converations helps somohow to have an idea of waht is going one "inside" our phones.
      I do have a question that I couldn't find anyware yet, is there a way around "GridLock" ?? and I'm not talking about "iBlank"??

      Thanks again
      Paul
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
      Hi guys

      Thanks for the "tips" and advise... ready all the converations helps somohow to have an idea of waht is going one "inside" our phones.
      I do have a question that I couldn't find anyware yet, is there a way around "GridLock" ?? and I'm not talking about "iBlank"??

      Thanks again
      Paul
      Until gridlock is updated iconoclasm is probably the best option.
    1. Xpress690's Avatar
      Xpress690 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Until gridlock is updated iconoclasm is probably the best option.
      Thanks Simon

      The thing is, Iconoclasm doesn't exactly do what GridLock does... does it?? It's not the same!

      Can I place my Icons freelly anyware that I want??

      Thanks
      Paul
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
      Thanks Simon

      The thing is, Iconoclasm doesn't exactly do what GridLock does... does it?? It's not the same!

      Can I place my Icons freelly anyware that I want??

      Thanks
      Paul
      No, not the same. Gridlock is a lot easier to use. Iconoclasm can get the same end result as gridlock but you have to set different layouts to achieve it.
    1. Xpress690's Avatar
      Xpress690 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      No, not the same. Gridlock is a lot easier to use. Iconoclasm can get the same end result as gridlock but you have to set different layouts to achieve it.
      I've tried and tried and it gets me nowhere..... I'm using a theme called "ChocolateHD and I would like to place the icons where they need to go...

      Thanks Simon
      Paul
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
      I've tried and tried and it gets me nowhere..... I'm using a theme called "ChocolateHD and I would like to place the icons where they need to go...

      Thanks Simon
      Paul
      Have you tried using iconoclasm layout maker? It lets you make your own iconoclasm layout to fit your need.
    1. Xpress690's Avatar
      Xpress690 -
      No, never...I didn't even knew about of such a feature .... how do I go about getting that...?

      Paul
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
      No, never...I didn't even knew about of such a feature .... how do I go about getting that...?

      Paul
      The layout maker is in cydia, just download it and iconoclasm and it has a tutorial in it.
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
      No, never...I didn't even knew about of such a feature .... how do I go about getting that...?

      Paul
      Just search for it on Cydia. Free. Can get you any layout you want. AND different PAGE TO PAGE.. In that way it's even more like Gridlock. Now as Simon says- it's not as easy as cliking and holding on an icon and moving it. But most of us aren't changing our layout daily. We work on it for a while and then 'lock in' to a positioning plan and use it. Iconoclasm Layout Maker will allow that. Give yourself a couple of hours to 'figure out' Icono Layout Maker. It's just a plain pain in the azz right now that Gridlock isn't done - so NOTHING will be 'as easy'. Just know that going in. BUT you can achieve the EXACT same results as Gridlock with Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker. Just be patient. I actually like it better than Gridlock.

      One big thing to not forget. This would really piss you off if I didn't tell you. On whatever layout you create -- leave room for at least ONE extra icon per page that you don't necessarily want in your set up. If you make it 'precise' per page then when the App Store adds an app or Cydia - or you try to move an icon from one page to the next - the phone will crash and restart. Why? Each page needs room to move an icon to. Without it - it crashes.. So I always leave at least a row of 3 at the bottom - that I can leave blank - so there is room for icons to be added from page to page. Even without Gridlock - Apple still allows you to leave out icons to the 'bottom' of each screen. It just packs all icons toward the top grid points without Gridlock. So - again - in each layout you make in layout maker leave at least 1 or 2 open at the bottom which DON'T HAVE TO get filled for your look - but are there as 'place holders' for incoming apps.

      Enjoy,
      Grant
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      Just search for it on Cydia. Free. Can get you any layout you want. AND different PAGE TO PAGE.. In that way it's even more like Gridlock. Now as Simon says- it's not as easy as cliking and holding on an icon and moving it. But most of us aren't changing our layout daily. We work on it for a while and then 'lock in' to a positioning plan and use it. Iconoclasm Layout Maker will allow that. Give yourself a couple of hours to 'figure out' Icono Layout Maker. It's just a plain pain in the azz right now that Gridlock isn't done - so NOTHING will be 'as easy'. Just know that going in. BUT you can achieve the EXACT same results as Gridlock with Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker. Just be patient. I actually like it better than Gridlock.

      One big thing to not forget. This would really piss you off if I didn't tell you. On whatever layout you create -- leave room for at least ONE extra icon per page that you don't necessarily want in your set up. If you make it 'precise' per page then when the App Store adds an app or Cydia - or you try to move an icon from one page to the next - the phone will crash and restart. Why? Each page needs room to move an icon to. Without it - it crashes.. So I always leave at least a row of 3 at the bottom - that I can leave blank - so there is room for icons to be added from page to page. Even without Gridlock - Apple still allows you to leave out icons to the 'bottom' of each screen. It just packs all icons toward the top grid points without Gridlock. So - again - in each layout you make in layout maker leave at least 1 or 2 open at the bottom which DON'T HAVE TO get filled for your look - but are there as 'place holders' for incoming apps.

      Enjoy,
      Grant
      Thanks for that. I'm not very familiar with iconoclasm myself, only used it a few times. I always preferred gridlock. I just tried the iblank method for the first time this morning and that is not hard to setup either. I'm gonna use that I think until gridlock is updated.
    1. mgmm1's Avatar
      mgmm1 -
      I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess not. You guys (Simon and NewdestinyX) have been been real helpful (and patient) in your posts on the respringing using Activator to maintain the battery usage figures. I tried it last night and it works well, even after updating from Cydia. Just to be sure I close Cydia and respring using an Activator method and the the figures are intact. Thanks again for the tips and tricks.

      @NewdestinyX, you posted about the Cydia app, SBCenter, that resprings, reboots and powers off from the Notification Center. Can you resprings from this tweak and keep the battery usage figures, or does this wipe them out?
    1. NewdestinyX's Avatar
      NewdestinyX -
      Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
      Just to be sure I close Cydia and respring using an Activator method and the the figures are intact.
      You also need to cancel out of Cydia in the app switcher before you use the activator respring or you'll lose your battery stats. Simply going back to the springboard after Cydia doesn't protect you from the loss of the stats. Simon taught me you have to open the app switcher, get the icons wiggling. and then click the minus next to Cydia, then go back to Springboard and then use your activator click to respring.

      @NewdestinyX, you posted about the Cydia app, SBCenter, that resprings, reboots and powers off from the Notification Center. Can you resprings from this tweak and keep the battery usage figures, or does this wipe them out?
      Unfortunately no. The respring function in SBCenter kills the battery stats. Currently "Activator" is the only application whose respring doesn't kill the stats. Though, it seems that even the "Activator" method of respring kills the battery stats from within WinterBoard. There's no way to back out of WinterBoard without using its own respring method which kills the stats. . So without a way to keep the stats after making a change in Winterboard the whole thing seems like a waste of time. Because it's in Winterboard where I need to respring most of the time.

      Bottom line-iOS 6 changed the way the caches get cleared whenever Respring happens. So all of the developers are going to have to rewrite their respring methods to stop the battery stats erasure and this brightness issue that we've been having which is also a function of respring caches being changed in iOS 6. Though there's a great tweak out now that solves the brightness dimming issue after respring.
    1. Xpress690's Avatar
      Xpress690 -
      Got it to work guys
      Thank you for all the prompt help

      Regards
      Paul