• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'SubtleLock' is a Lock Screen Tweak for Minimalists


    Those of you that are minimalists will enjoy a new jailbreak tweak called SubtleLock by iOS developer Michael Poole.

    SubtleLock removes all of the excess interface elements from the lock screen and compresses the slider and lock screen clock so they stop taking up so much space. In return, the tweak gives you a larger canvas to view your wallpaper the developer claims around 100 extra pixels. At the same time, the smaller slider and clock makes it feel like your display is actually bigger than it really is this is a cool optical illusion.

    To reduce the size of your lock screen clock, the tweak actually reduces the font size of the time, and moves it to the left of the display. The date is moved to the right of the display. The slider and camera grabber are not resized or changed by this tweak. Also, the best part, the smaller clock and slider elements mean that you can pack more notifications on your lock screen at once.

    From the preference pane of SubtleLock, which is located in the Settings application, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand without even needing to respring for your changes to take effect:



    SubtleLock is a great way to show off your minimalist attitude. I actually adore the look of SubtleLock, being a minimalist myself. I think this one is definitely a keeper.

    SubtleLock is compatible with iOS 6. Check it out!

    Name: SubtleLock
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Michael Poole
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'SubtleLock' is a Lock Screen Tweak for Minimalists started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 129 Comments
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      I have found the issue for the date now wrapping and will be fixed soon, the time format is in the process of being fixed also, some users are having issues of the entire top view being hidden and I'm narrowed it down to a could tweaks causing the issue

      The latest updates were complete rewrites to bring more compatibility to other tweaks, which is the reason for a lot of minute bugs, I've already started contacting some devs to bring compatibility to tweaks like flusterless and the forecast view with LockInfo 5
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      I'm not sure if this is subtle lock, or atom. However, this bug is bugging me. No pun intended.

      http://www.ipicit.net/picit/1367253591.2614.iPicit.jpg

      It happens sometimes when I am playing music with Spotify.
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by aorowe View Post
      I'm not sure if this is subtle lock, or atom. However, this bug is bugging me. No pun intended.

      http://www.ipicit.net/picit/1367253591.2614.iPicit.jpg
      I believe it's a compatibility issue with a few tweaks, one of which is the lock seconds feature of springtomize, a fix is being worked on
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
      I believe it's a compatibility issue with a few tweaks, one of which is the lock seconds feature of springtomize, a fix is being worked on
      Oh okay, much appreciated
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      I think I found another bug.

      http://www.ipicit.net/picit/1367896944.6224.iPicit.jpg

      At first I believed that lock screen toggles was causing this issue. However, I uninstalled it and the same issue presented itself still.
    1. mr.cook's Avatar
      mr.cook -
      I can't figure out, why this tweak doesn't work for me...
      iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

      Just want the smaller slider, but after activating it, i'm only getting a black bar above it.

      Attachment 638983


      I tried alot of resprings, reboots, clearing cache, disabling mobile subtrate by mobile substrate via sbsettings, but it looks always like this. I don't think, it's the themes fault because after disabling winterboard completly it's still the same.

      Any ideas? Did this happen to anyone else? If it helps, i can provide a list of my installed tweaks.
    1. tat2me2's Avatar
      tat2me2 -
      Hello all, I really need to find out what this slider mod is called (The bottom, Thiner one) I had it a while back but changed a few things on my phone and ended up doing a restore and lost it - please help

      Thanx - tat

      Attachment 640167

      I found it - "Smaller SubtleLock"
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      Here's an issue I found. As far as the brightness toggle goes, there's no point. Even if you change the brightness settings in the lock screen when you put the phone to sleep and wake it up again it defaults to Whatever you had it set to within the phone. Which in turn makes having the setting within the Lockspring toggles pointless.

      Edit: wrong thread. Not seeing an option to delete it from the mobile app.
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      http://i.imgur.com/xleB0SJ.png

      After downloading the new update, I found this little issue. Lock screen notifications are not fully aligned with Subtle lock.

      http://i.imgur.com/6YKiPJW.png

      Also there's this issue with subtle lock. Due to its placement, when one has a passcode enabled, notifications that are pushed tobthe lock screen appear behind The "enter passcode" bar.

      Honestly, if there is a tweak that allows me to hide lock screen notifications while entering the passcode I'd be satisfied with that as well.

      If anyone knows
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by aorowe View Post
      http://i.imgur.com/xleB0SJ.png

      After downloading the new update, I found this little issue. Lock screen notifications are not fully aligned with Subtle lock.

      http://i.imgur.com/6YKiPJW.png

      Also there's this issue with subtle lock. Due to its placement, when one has a passcode enabled, notifications that are pushed tobthe lock screen appear behind The "enter passcode" bar.

      Honestly, if there is a tweak that allows me to hide lock screen notifications while entering the passcode I'd be satisfied with that as well.

      If anyone knows
      It's fixed in an update that should be available in cydia tomorrow
    1. KenBotwinick's Avatar
      KenBotwinick -
      Hi,

      I use Bytafont to change the LockScreen Clock font. I'm not sure if it's supposed to also change the font of the day and date, but it definitely doesn't. Do you know if that is because of SubtleLock or Bytafont? If it is because of SubtleLock, can that be added as an option to use the same font as the time or not? Because once I'm able to do it, I might find I'd like the day and date font to stay the default... So a toggle would be best... :-P

      Thanks,
      Ken
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by KenBotwinick View Post
      Hi,

      I use Bytafont to change the LockScreen Clock font. I'm not sure if it's supposed to also change the font of the day and date, but it definitely doesn't. Do you know if that is because of SubtleLock or Bytafont? If it is because of SubtleLock, can that be added as an option to use the same font as the time or not? Because once I'm able to do it, I might find I'd like the day and date font to stay the default... So a toggle would be best... :-P

      Thanks,
      Ken
      The latest version should work with bytafont, a previous version didn't but I fixed that bug I believe
    1. KenBotwinick's Avatar
      KenBotwinick -
      Thanks. As I had mentioned, Bytafont definitely works to change the font of the clock, just not the day and date. Those always stay the same. I have 2.1-1 of SubtleLock. Isn't that the latest version? It's the one with the "Controls Animation" setting, not that I'm sure what that setting effects...
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by KenBotwinick View Post
      Thanks. As I had mentioned, Bytafont definitely works to change the font of the clock, just not the day and date. Those always stay the same. I have 2.1-1 of SubtleLock. Isn't that the latest version? It's the one with the "Controls Animation" setting, not that I'm sure what that setting effects...
      I believe the date font will change to whatever you set the system font as
    1. KenBotwinick's Avatar
      KenBotwinick -
      Thanks. That was it. Sorry for barking up the wrong tree...
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      No trouble glad that was it though
    1. clarky1's Avatar
      clarky1 -
      I have been using SubtleLock (love it! One of the best downloads I have gotten!) for a while now and recently updated it to version 2.1-1 and have noticed a slight issue with it.
      I'm using it along with LockInfo 5 and have previously had no issues with it, but since this update I am finding that my LockInfo notifications are randomly appearing/disappearing from my lock screen. I still get the notification icon up near my battery icon, but I have to bring up my passcode screen and cancel out of it to make the notifications appear.

      At first I thought this issue was with LockInfo, but I found that if I uninstall SubtleLock the issue disappears... (screenshots added)
      Attachment 643736Attachment 643737Attachment 643738

      Pic 1 - Shows the notification icon up near the battery percentage
      Pic 2 - How LockInfo notifications look AFTER I open/close my passcode entry screen
      Pic 3 - After I tap to open the list of notifications (how it always used to look before I updated)

      Any answers or assistance people can give me would be excellent!!
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by clarky1 View Post
      I have been using SubtleLock (love it! One of the best downloads I have gotten!) for a while now and recently updated it to version 2.1-1 and have noticed a slight issue with it.
      I'm using it along with LockInfo 5 and have previously had no issues with it, but since this update I am finding that my LockInfo notifications are randomly appearing/disappearing from my lock screen. I still get the notification icon up near my battery icon, but I have to bring up my passcode screen and cancel out of it to make the notifications appear.

      At first I thought this issue was with LockInfo, but I found that if I uninstall SubtleLock the issue disappears... (screenshots added)
      Attachment 643736Attachment 643737Attachment 643738

      Pic 1 - Shows the notification icon up near the battery percentage
      Pic 2 - How LockInfo notifications look AFTER I open/close my passcode entry screen
      Pic 3 - After I tap to open the list of notifications (how it always used to look before I updated)

      Any answers or assistance people can give me would be excellent!!
      There should be an update today to fix it , it's already been submitted
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      Quote Originally Posted by clarky1 View Post
      I have been using SubtleLock (love it! One of the best downloads I have gotten!) for a while now and recently updated it to version 2.1-1 and have noticed a slight issue with it.
      I'm using it along with LockInfo 5 and have previously had no issues with it, but since this update I am finding that my LockInfo notifications are randomly appearing/disappearing from my lock screen. I still get the notification icon up near my battery icon, but I have to bring up my passcode screen and cancel out of it to make the notifications appear.

      At first I thought this issue was with LockInfo, but I found that if I uninstall SubtleLock the issue disappears... (screenshots added)
      Attachment 643736Attachment 643737Attachment 643738

      Pic 1 - Shows the notification icon up near the battery percentage
      Pic 2 - How LockInfo notifications look AFTER I open/close my passcode entry screen
      Pic 3 - After I tap to open the list of notifications (how it always used to look before I updated)

      Any answers or assistance people can give me would be excellent!!
      I wonder, is there a tweak like that that will group lock screen notifications. Other than lockinfo I mean?

      In order To explain, take the text messaging application.

      One can go within the notification Center settings and set it so that you don't get text previews. Doing this will effectively group the lock screen notifications for text messages.

      My question, is there a tweak that does this for all lock screen notifications besides lock info.


      Edit:
      http://i.imgur.com/ZSftw75.png

      Minor issue with the new update slight delay with the clock after One opens the phone and locks it again.
    1. cNone's Avatar
      cNone -
      After latest update, springboard lags occur and it is very annoying so I've disabled the tweak entirely. Now my springboard works as it should be. Waiting for the fix for this issue.