• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'SubtleLock' is a Lock Screen Tweak for Minimalists


    Those of you that are minimalists will enjoy a new jailbreak tweak called SubtleLock by iOS developer Michael Poole.

    SubtleLock removes all of the excess interface elements from the lock screen and compresses the slider and lock screen clock so they stop taking up so much space. In return, the tweak gives you a larger canvas to view your wallpaper the developer claims around 100 extra pixels. At the same time, the smaller slider and clock makes it feel like your display is actually bigger than it really is this is a cool optical illusion.

    To reduce the size of your lock screen clock, the tweak actually reduces the font size of the time, and moves it to the left of the display. The date is moved to the right of the display. The slider and camera grabber are not resized or changed by this tweak. Also, the best part, the smaller clock and slider elements mean that you can pack more notifications on your lock screen at once.

    From the preference pane of SubtleLock, which is located in the Settings application, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand without even needing to respring for your changes to take effect:



    SubtleLock is a great way to show off your minimalist attitude. I actually adore the look of SubtleLock, being a minimalist myself. I think this one is definitely a keeper.

    SubtleLock is compatible with iOS 6. Check it out!

    Name: SubtleLock
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Michael Poole
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'SubtleLock' is a Lock Screen Tweak for Minimalists started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 129 Comments
    1. EddieLeonard's Avatar
      EddieLeonard -
      Quote Originally Posted by gonkowonko View Post
      whats the theme called in cydia?
      I submitted it but MMI rejected the name -_-'

      Im going to submit it to Macciti later on... What do you think I should call it?
    1. mrmyco's Avatar
      mrmyco -
      To the developer: this is awesome stuff!

      Is it possible to have the now playing info displayed at the empty top middle portion, just like how it is when you double tap the home button for media controls?
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      The update appears to be a dud. Causes all sorts of issues on my 4s. Had to uninstall. How to get old version?
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      Doesn't seem to be working at all now, I have it enabled, I respung At least three times. I uninstalled both android XT and Stride.The above poster's right, it seems like an dud.
    1. lillstar12's Avatar
      lillstar12 -
      Doesn't work on my iPhone 5 at all just makes the screen do crazy things. On 6.1.2 and have springtomize 2 installed. Any ideas ? I tried to respringing multiple times and reinstalling and just sent my display crazy
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      The mad screen thing occurs too on my 4s at 6.1.1 with Lockinfo installed.

      I've emailed the dev asking for a route to go back to V.1. Hopefully get that, or an upgrade that fixes it in next 24hrs, or shall be chasing a refund.
    1. aorowe's Avatar
      aorowe -
      Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
      The mad screen thing occurs too on my 4s at 6.1.1 with Lockinfo installed.

      I've emailed the dev asking for a route to go back to V.1. Hopefully get that, or an upgrade that fixes it in next 24hrs, or shall be chasing a refund.
      I'm with you on that one.
    1. xenonnel's Avatar
      xenonnel -
      Quote Originally Posted by Leonnears View Post
      Whenever someone talks about simplistic lockscreens, I just love to show mine off.



      *Silently leaves thread*
      whats the name of the theme?
    1. redaddiction's Avatar
      redaddiction -
      BEWARE DO NOT BUY THIS TWEAK. With the current update it is unstable and will like others said make your iphone into a mad iphone. This has happened on my iphone 5 and others iphone 4s and 4.
    1. cytech01's Avatar
      cytech01 -
      Quote Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
      BEWARE DO NOT BUY THIS TWEAK. With the current update it is unstable and will like others said make your iphone into a mad iphone. This has happened on my iphone 5 and others iphone 4s and 4.
      yup i update this tweak and my phone screen crash, im wonder did the developer test the tweak before release an update?
    1. musicelect's Avatar
      musicelect -
      After first installing it didn't change my lock screen, even though it showed it was enabled in the settings. I turned it off and then back on and voila! Works fine on my iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.

      Mark O.
    1. gamefreak5678's Avatar
      gamefreak5678 -
      First version worked fine, the updated one made my phone completely unusable. Awesome tweak, but please revert back to the older version on Cydia.
    1. gonkowonko's Avatar
      gonkowonko -
      you guys must have a conflict which causes your devices to crash as not had any problems on my i5 with this update. The only thing wrong about the update is the toggles dont really work until you flick them on or off a few times (although this was the same as the first version) and the clock isnt centre aligned on the top block.
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      I'm sure your right, can't see that a dev would release an update that doesn't work, but, I have only a few things from Cydia: SBSettings, LockInfo, InfiniDock, on top of the items that are auto-installed. So, if it is a conflict, its with a fairly well-known app. The fact quite a few others are experiences the same kinda backs this up.

      Regardless, no one is perfect, issues happen, let's hope the dev manages this one quickly with either a fix or a downgrade option.
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
      I'm sure your right, can't see that a dev would release an update that doesn't work, but, I have only a few things from Cydia: SBSettings, LockInfo, InfiniDock, on top of the items that are auto-installed. So, if it is a conflict, its with a fairly well-known app. The fact quite a few others are experiences the same kinda backs this up.

      Regardless, no one is perfect, issues happen, let's hope the dev manages this one quickly with either a fix or a downgrade option.
      It's fixed, I figured the issue out, I was grabbing the screens size before the iPhone had technically loaded the views causing that mistake, I had a long day at work yesterday and made a mistake, I apologize and it is fixed and I'm submitting now, the issue only occurred when rebooting

      Quote Originally Posted by gonkowonko View Post
      you guys must have a conflict which causes your devices to crash as not had any problems on my i5 with this update. The only thing wrong about the update is the toggles dont really work until you flick them on or off a few times (although this was the same as the first version) and the clock isnt centre aligned on the top block.
      Also fixed in the update
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      And there you go! A good dev is judged not by his creations but by his management of issues. Thanks for the update.
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
      And there you go! A good dev is judged not by his creations but by his management of issues. Thanks for the update.
      Thank you, I try my best and I definitely try to stay on top of letting everyone know what's going on and responding to emails, I try to respond to every single email I get
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      There is an email from me, addy BaskervilleMe. Feel free to ignore it.
    1. iGamers's Avatar
      iGamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
      There is an email from me, addy BaskervilleMe. Feel free to ignore it.
      Haha my mailbox has had over 100 emails today, I work from 8-8 mon-fri and I'm staying up late every night to try and fix all the bugs in it
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      I would fire out the update and delete them all!

      But then, I'd make a terrible dev!