• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 'MuteIcon' Reminds You When You're in Silent Mode With a Status Bar Icon


    It’s not hard to forget that your iPhone is in silent mode. In fact, sometimes we might not even be reminded that we’re in silent mode until we miss an important call because we spend our time looking at the display and not the silent switch to notice that strip of orange. The solution? – Tell us that we’re in silent mode on the display!

    A new free jailbreak tweak called MuteIcon by iOS developer La bla bla will do just that. When you switch your iPhone into silent mode, a new icon is added to the Status Bar to indicate that you’re in silent mode. It looks like a speaker with a line through it. It will remain in the Status Bar until you turn silent mode off, and when you do, the icon will disappear.

    If you’ve used OpenNotifier before, then you’re not new to this functionality. However OpenNotifier is not yet fully compatible with iOS 6.1, and when you reboot your iPhone, there is a bug that causes the silent mode icon to appear in the Status Bar even when you’re not in silent mode. MuteIcon doesn’t appear to have this bug, so it makes a worthwhile replacement for that OpenNotifier feature for the time being.

    The icon supports the retina display and the MuteIcon jailbreak tweak is compatible with all iOS 6 iPhones. The tweak has no options to configure. Check it out!

    Name: MuteIcon
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPhone
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: La bla bla
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 'MuteIcon' Reminds You When You're in Silent Mode With a Status Bar Icon started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. xhazex9x's Avatar
      xhazex9x -
      what about looking at the little red tape on the side of the phone lol
    1. sekazi's Avatar
      sekazi -
      This is kind of a redundant tweak. OpenNotifier does this plus a whole lot more.
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
      what about looking at the little red tape on the side of the phone lol
      Ain't nobody got time for dat lol but no seriously when you're on the go and need to know if your phone is on silent,turning the phone to check if its silent can be an inconvenience.
    1. risingkazuya05's Avatar
      risingkazuya05 -
      The silent icon disappearing is due to libstatusbar, either being incompatible with BOTH open notifier, even ringer/silent sbsettings' Status bar icon and the mute icon option or just plain having bugs, even though it was just updated for ios6 just this morning (0.9.6.1). I've already emailed the dev (Phoenix) about this issue and a possible fix/workaround.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
      This is kind of a redundant tweak. OpenNotifier does this plus a whole lot more.
      You read about the part where OpenNotifier has a bug, right?

      I mean, I like OpenNotifier too, but that glitch causing it to say silent is on when you reboot is kind of annoying. It just needs an update.
    1. sekazi's Avatar
      sekazi -
      Mine does not appear to have that bug. Works perfectly find after reboot or respring.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
      Mine does not appear to have that bug. Works perfectly find after reboot or respring.
      I've produced the issue on iPhone 5,1 running iOS 6.1
    1. Magnum's Avatar
      Magnum -
      Whats up with all the garbage aye double ess, pointless aye double ess tweaks you guys are reviewing as of lately? These are all stupid as H-E-double hockey sticks. Can we get news about something useful?

      Aaannndddd rant done.
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      Whats up with all the garbage aye double ess, pointless aye double ess tweaks you guys are reviewing as of lately? These are all stupid as H-E-double hockey sticks. Can we get news about something useful?

      Aaannndddd rant done.
      Lmfao wow
    1. Magnum's Avatar
      Magnum -
      Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
      Lmfao wow
      Lol my bad but for real though a mute icon and battery percentage icon? Lol seriously? Lol...and half the other stories aren't even about apple, they are about Samsung lol
    1. MXCO's Avatar
      MXCO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      Lol my bad but for real though a mute icon and battery percentage icon? Lol seriously? Lol...and half the other stories aren't even about apple, they are about Samsung lol
      He ain't lying
    1. sekazi's Avatar
      sekazi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      I've produced the issue on iPhone 5,1 running iOS 6.1
      I figured it out. My phone is usually on silent all the time which is why I didnt see it. You have to reboot with it not on silent and it will show silent but it works just as normal soon as you flip the switch once. Did the same on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 on 6.1.
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
      I figured it out. My phone is usually on silent all the time which is why I didnt see it. You have to reboot with it not on silent and it will show silent but it works just as normal soon as you flip the switch once. Did the same on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 on 6.1.
      That's the bug,the tweak will make it appear as if the phone is on silent even if it really isn't.
    1. pedwily's Avatar
      pedwily -
      Pointless tweak. Slow news day I bet.
    1. phoenix3200's Avatar
      phoenix3200 -
      Libstatusbar author here.

      I'm not sure how the statusbar broke, but I am working hard on fixing it (and it's delaying the release of other apps of mine). It was supposed to create additional features, not mess up ones people just put out .
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      ^.^
    1. risingkazuya05's Avatar
      risingkazuya05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post
      Libstatusbar author here.

      I'm not sure how the statusbar broke, but I am working hard on fixing it (and it's delaying the release of other apps of mine). It was supposed to create additional features, not mess up ones people just put out .
      Thanks Phoenix, just sent you an email earlier today. Right now it's not working with Opennotifier, mute icon and the Ringer/Silent SBSettings options.
    1. BhadKarma's Avatar
      BhadKarma -
      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post
      Libstatusbar author here.

      I'm not sure how the statusbar broke, but I am working hard on fixing it (and it's delaying the release of other apps of mine). It was supposed to create additional features, not mess up ones people just put out .
      we appreciate the work you do, highly. We / I accept bugs in tweaks especialy with a developer like you... On the ball fixing issues. Thank you for your work. Truly.
    1. Mrteacup's Avatar
      Mrteacup -
      Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
      what about looking at the little red tape on the side of the phone lol
      I find myself constantly in bad lighting, its a useful tweak and comments like yours are a wee bit ridiculous considering you could say that about plenty of things, "if you want to know the time just look at your lockscreen.." etc.
    1. Aft3rD4rk's Avatar
      Aft3rD4rk -
      Hmmmm, i get a message stating 'NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed"
      have no idea why I get this message, im running iphone 5 with ios6.1 jailbroken.
      Anyone have any ideas?