• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 5C Could Be Huge for T-Mobile


    Apple's anticipated introduction of the new iPhone 5C this week could represent an enormous opportunity for T-Mobile, the most recent major U.S. carrier to welcome Apple's popular smartphone to its network coverage.

    If Tuesday's media event does, in fact, produce an entry level, low-cost plastic iPhone 5C, T-Mobile could stand to gain immeasurably from that offering, a new report from Bloomberg suggests.

    That may convince consumers to pay in full for a new phone, rather than sign a two-year subscription to get a discount, giving an added edge to T-Mobile, which doesn’t require users to sign a contract.
    T-Mobile is also expected, for the first time, to launch the new iPhone(s) on its network at the same time Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint introduce the devices to their network.

    “It’s a much more even playing field than it was last year, when AT&T had more of an advantage,” Roger Entner an analyst at Recon Analytics, tells Bloomberg. "T-Mobile is in the right place at the right time with the right product.”

    Source: Bloomberg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 5C Could Be Huge for T-Mobile started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 42 Comments
    1. EVO's Avatar
      EVO -
      I'll be switching over to T-Mobile's Unlimited Nationwide 4G when my contact ends with AT&T ends at the end of this month..

      I cant stand their $30 messaging plan
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Sounds like Tmo may become the new Network to be on..or is it?? :]
    1. millchen's Avatar
      millchen -
      I defiantly will switch to t-mobile, AT&T is a rip off
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by millchen View Post
      I defiantly will switch to t-mobile, AT&T is a rip off
      For some T-Mobile is a rip off.

      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      I'll be switching over to T-Mobile's Unlimited Nationwide 4G when my contact ends with AT&T ends at the end of this month..

      I cant stand their $30 messaging plan
      The $30 messaging plan is more than just a messaging plan. It also gives you unlimited calls to any mobile any time which makes it easy to use the lowest minute plan offered, 750. And, with rollover it is essentially unlimited minutes. For 4 iPhones with grandfathered unlimited data on all of them,750 shared minutes (+6000 rollover) and unlimited messages, I pay what breaks down to $50 a phone on AT&T.
    1. bisayakid07's Avatar
      bisayakid07 -
      I'm very paticular with LTE/4G coverage that's I'm still with AT&T.
    1. jadid's Avatar
      jadid -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      I'll be switching over to T-Mobile's Unlimited Nationwide 4G when my contact ends with AT&T ends at the end of this month..

      I cant stand their $30 messaging plan
      Nor I, that is why I made the switch! You won't regret it.

      Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
      I'm very paticular with LTE/4G coverage that's I'm still with AT&T.
      I thought I was too, after all I was with AT&T for 14 years. Until I found an additional $30 a month in my savings account from switching over :-D
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      For some T-Mobile is a rip off.



      The $30 messaging plan is more than just a messaging plan. It also gives you unlimited calls to any mobile any time which makes it easy to use the lowest minute plan offered, 750. And, with rollover it is essentially unlimited minutes. For 4 iPhones with grandfathered unlimited data on all of them,750 shared minutes (+6000 rollover) and unlimited messages, I pay what breaks down to $50 a phone on AT&T.
      I have the same plan also, Plus grandfathered Unlimited Data.
    1. rodnutz's Avatar
      rodnutz -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Sounds like Tmo may become the new Network to be on..or is it?? :]
      I left AT&T about 7 months ago for T-mobile and have not regret it since. I was paying about $170-180 bucks a month after taxes to run my i5 and iPad off their network. Now that I am with T-mobile I pay about $80-85 bucks a month after taxes for unlimited everything on my i5. And since my phone is jailbroken and I just tether my iPad when needed.

      AT&T has great service, but they have been milking me dry since 2007 when the original iPhone was released. I left them simply because I just got tired of flushing my money down the toilet. Like most I was scared to leave because I know AT&T has great coverage nationwide, but change was refreshing and the monthly bill was a blessing to see it way under $100 a month.

      The only issue I have which is not T-mobile's fault is that my i5 was originally from AT&T so sadly I can't use their HSPA+ network. But I am fine with using just their LTE network for now. If the new iPhone has a slightly bigger screen then I'll most likely upgrade once iOS7 is jailbroken so I can keeping tethering to my iPad. If the next phone stays the same then I guess I'll be waiting to see what the i6 will offer.

      I can't tell anyone how to spend their money, but if you are with AT&T and tired of their BS like I was take a chance with T-mobile. I can only recommend signing up for a new account and trying out the service in your area for a few days like I did. If it works will for you then port your numbers from AT&T which takes roughly 24 hours (about 3hrs for me) and say goodbye to that large monthly bill.
    1. stevelucky's Avatar
      stevelucky -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      For some T-Mobile is a rip off.



      The $30 messaging plan is more than just a messaging plan. It also gives you unlimited calls to any mobile any time which makes it easy to use the lowest minute plan offered, 750. And, with rollover it is essentially unlimited minutes. For 4 iPhones with grandfathered unlimited data on all of them,750 shared minutes (+6000 rollover) and unlimited messages, I pay what breaks down to $50 a phone on AT&T.
      Sorry, but I still consider that a rip off. I just switched from AT&T to T-Mo. I have 2 phones with unlimited minutes, texts and data and pay essentially $45 per iPhone ($50 for one, $40 for the other). If I added 2 more phones to have 4 total like you, that price would drop to about $30 per phone.
    1. tlc1217's Avatar
      tlc1217 -
      Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
      Sorry, but I still consider that a rip off. I just switched from AT&T to T-Mo. I have 2 phones with unlimited minutes, texts and data and pay essentially $45 per iPhone ($50 for one, $40 for the other). If I added 2 more phones to have 4 total like you, that price would drop to about $30 per phone.
      +1

      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      For some T-Mobile is a rip off.



      The $30 messaging plan is more than just a messaging plan. It also gives you unlimited calls to any mobile any time which makes it easy to use the lowest minute plan offered, 750. And, with rollover it is essentially unlimited minutes. For 4 iPhones with grandfathered unlimited data on all of them,750 shared minutes (+6000 rollover) and unlimited messages, I pay what breaks down to $50 a phone on AT&T.
      +1
    1. Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
      Mc-Lovin_341 -
      In the UK I find T-Mobile to be a rip off as Three (3) is the network to be on, who're soon offering 4g LTE with unlimited data for no extra charge on top of your current bill, which I pay about £32 a month for an iPhone 5.
    1. franijose's Avatar
      franijose -
      Be careful what you are expecting by switching to tmobile. I did and lot of times regret it cause their signal sucks. Numerous timeI had to ask people using att to lend me their phone to make a phone call.
    1. Dizzy714's Avatar
      Dizzy714 -
      AT&T grandfathered, so I'm stuck. Would not consider T-Mobile regardless, though, my boy had the i5 on it and in my area (SoCal) it just doesn't compare.

      I did almost lose my grandfather just recently, though. Used TetherMe twice an they were already onto that ish, lol.
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
      Sorry, but I still consider that a rip off. I just switched from AT&T to T-Mo. I have 2 phones with unlimited minutes, texts and data and pay essentially $45 per iPhone ($50 for one, $40 for the other). If I added 2 more phones to have 4 total like you, that price would drop to about $30 per phone.
      There's an old saying, "you get what you pay for." My 3 lines at AT&T are roughly 60 bucks a month. T-Mobile is a better VALUE. Yes it is, there's no denying that. In the same respect, there is a reason why AT&T and Verizon are more expensive. Because you get what you pay for.

      A phone that costs me $10 less per month is incredibly useless to me if I'm missing phone calls and don't have service. Whether it's $10/month or $2000/month, it's a waste of money if it's not functional where you need it to do what it was intended to do. I'll gladly spend $15 more per month and get "ripped off."

      If T-Mobile works where you need it to work, sign up. By all means, save where you can, when you can. If it doesn't, cough up the money and get something that works ! But don't tell people they're getting ripped off based off how much something costs. If you come to Fort Hood, TX, I'll tell you that you're getting ripped off by simply never being able to use your phone.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
      Sorry, but I still consider that a rip off. I just switched from AT&T to T-Mo. I have 2 phones with unlimited minutes, texts and data and pay essentially $45 per iPhone ($50 for one, $40 for the other). If I added 2 more phones to have 4 total like you, that price would drop to about $30 per phone.
      Ahh but you are forgetting you have to pay full price for the iPhone on T-Mobile an extra $20 a month on top of the bill. So even with 4 phones at $30 a month that's $50 a phone.
    1. zeroskater61's Avatar
      zeroskater61 -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      For some T-Mobile is a rip off.



      The $30 messaging plan is more than just a messaging plan. It also gives you unlimited calls to any mobile any time which makes it easy to use the lowest minute plan offered, 750. And, with rollover it is essentially unlimited minutes. For 4 iPhones with grandfathered unlimited data on all of them,750 shared minutes (+6000 rollover) and unlimited messages, I pay what breaks down to $50 a phone on AT&T.
      You do know the mobile to mobile is a free service they added to all the plans no matter what so you don't need to have the $30 messaging plan to
      get it. I've had it for a year and a half now and I don't have the $30 messaging/data plan and with 450 mintues.
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      Ahh but you are forgetting you have to pay full price for the iPhone on T-Mobile an extra $20 a month on top of the bill. So even with 4 phones at $30 a month that's $50 a phone.
      You're right. I didn't even mention that aspect of it. Another thing, AT&T customers on this site have the luxury of seeing posts, what ? Twice a week at least ? stating that AT&T is constantly expanding their LTE service to new markets. This makes me feel, in a sense of course, that the extra money I'm charged is going to the network expansion and forthcoming technology (VoLTE).

      T-Mobile (in my opinion, of course. From what I see.) seems more concerned about throwing money at celebrities to use in advertisements and commercials bashing their competition.

      Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
      You do know the mobile to mobile is a free service they added to all the plans no matter what so you don't need to have the $30 messaging plan to
      get it. I've had it for a year and a half now and I don't have the $30 messaging/data plan and with 450 mintues.
      Not mobile to mobile. He's referring to "any mobile to any mobile." As in, ANY cell phone, ANY carrier. It's only available for family plans, last I checked.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
      You do know the mobile to mobile is a free service they added to all the plans no matter what so you don't need to have the $30 messaging plan to
      get it. I've had it for a year and a half now and I don't have the $30 messaging/data plan and with 450 mintues.
      450 min isn't an option for a family plan

      Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
      You're right. I didn't even mention that aspect of it. Another thing, AT&T customers on this site have the luxury of seeing posts, what ? Twice a week at least ? stating that AT&T is constantly expanding their LTE service to new markets. This makes me feel, in a sense of course, that the extra money I'm charged is going to the network expansion and forthcoming technology (VoLTE)
      I just got LTE at my house, didn't think I was going to since all the more urban areas already had it and my town wasn't on any of those AT&T update list.
    1. dannyrocket's Avatar
      dannyrocket -
      Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
      There's an old saying, "you get what you pay for." My 3 lines at AT&T are roughly 60 bucks a month. T-Mobile is a better VALUE. Yes it is, there's no denying that. In the same respect, there is a reason why AT&T and Verizon are more expensive. Because you get what you pay for.

      A phone that costs me $10 less per month is incredibly useless to me if I'm missing phone calls and don't have service. Whether it's $10/month or $2000/month, it's a waste of money if it's not functional where you need it to do what it was intended to do. I'll gladly spend $15 more per month and get "ripped off."

      If T-Mobile works where you need it to work, sign up. By all means, save where you can, when you can. If it doesn't, cough up the money and get something that works ! But don't tell people they're getting ripped off based off how much something costs. If you come to Fort Hood, TX, I'll tell you that you're getting ripped off by simply never being able to use your phone.

      I agree as well.
    1. bisayakid07's Avatar
      bisayakid07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
      AT&T grandfathered, so I'm stuck. Would not consider T-Mobile regardless, though, my boy had the i5 on it and in my area (SoCal) it just doesn't compare.

      I did almost lose my grandfather just recently, though. Used TetherMe twice an they were already onto that ish, lol.
      They caught you using TetherMe?